When a new piece just devours you.

last reply
17 replies
1.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I am writing a new story entitled: The Priest, the Schoolgirl and the Taxi driver.

I have very little time to write (1 hour per day) strictly speaking and this story is threatening to ruin my business, which I need to give adequate time. It just wont let me go - I think about it all the time. It has to be an will be my best ever story. The girl is legal age by the way.

But anyway I could spend 24 hours non stop on this tale it is so hot.

Please tell me I'm not alone that this obsession is not just mine and you guys have had the same passion for a horny tale.
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by rafael
I am writing a new story entitled: The Priest, the Schoolgirl and the Taxi driver.

I have very little time to write (1 hour per day) strictly speaking and this story is threatening to ruin my business, which I need to give adequate time. It just wont let me go - I think about it all the time. It has to be an will be my best ever story. The girl is legal age by the way.

Please tell me I'm not alone that this obsession is not just mine and you guys have had the same passion for a horny tale.

some stories i work on when i have time and they go slowly. sometimes, tho, i become obsessive about writing and will work non stop until it is finished. sometimes they just grab you by the cunt and won't let go.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Nerdzilla
0 likes
Sometimes it feels like I'm living in the story as I write it. I ride that high as far as it lets me.

Then I edit, because I never write it well the first time and I hope to actually make the reader feel like they're living in the story too... :P
Unicorn Wrangler
0 likes
When a good idea keeps me up at night, haunts my dreams, and clouds my mind, I find the time to write it down. Then I walk away, come back, and edit the shit out of it becasue like Delphi, my first drafts are a mess.

When it's a comp entry, it really becomes a struggle especially if there is a word limit. Figuring out a way to say what needs to be said without losing the punch of the story or fucking up the ending becomes the real challenge. Sometimes I'm really happy with what I wrote... other times no matter what anyone says, I'm not fully satisfied. Those I rarely publish unless I really feel what others are telling me are correct and what I'm stressing over is just my own insecurities.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by rafael

Congratulations, you're officially an author smile

I've had this happen . . . and the result was me becoming a full time erotica author. I never regretted the new focus in my life.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Metilda

Congratulations, you're officially an author smile

I've had this happen . . . and the result was me becoming a full time erotica author. I never regretted the new focus in my life.

an author publishes - and I don't count Lush. But I understand what you mean.

I think it has taken me 10 years of writing on here to really find what it is I want to write about and how I want to write it - now that I've found it - we shall see.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It happens to me all the time. I think if a story doesn't consume every waking (and most sleeping) moments of your day, you aren't truly a writer! I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I've had, rolling a story around in my head, "writing" it as I thought about it and having to go over it and over it until I could get a chance to write it down. I have often thought about getting a tape recorder to "dictate" to myself but then I'd be committed for walking around talking to myself!

If you can limit the amount of time you devote to writing something, or set hours for when you do it - it's work. If it makes you stay up at night or try to squeeze every possible second, risk getting caught "loafing off" at work, and interrupt mealtimes, it's a hobby. And if you forego eating, miss work and give up sex to do it - you are obsessed! LOL!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Master_Jonathan
It happens to me all the time. I think if a story doesn't consume every waking (and most sleeping) moments of your day, you aren't truly a writer! I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I've had, rolling a story around in my head, "writing" it as I thought about it and having to go over it and over it until I could get a chance to write it down. I have often thought about getting a tape recorder to "dictate" to myself but then I'd be committed for walking around talking to myself!

If you can limit the amount of time you devote to writing something, or set hours for when you do it - it's work. If it makes you stay up at night or try to squeeze every possible second, risk getting caught "loafing off" at work, and interrupt mealtimes, it's a hobby. And if you forego eating, miss work and give up sex to do it - you are obsessed! LOL!

what makes it harder is this is a secret passion.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
My curse is not obsession. It's perfectionism (okay, okay... that is an obsession). I write. I delete. I rewrite. Over and over, ad absurdum! I have over a dozen stories in the works at any one time. One I have been working on for over 7 years. There have been only two or three stories I have started and completed within the span of a few days. Not because I was passionately obsessed with getting them finished, but because they almost literally wrote themselves. I LOVE when that happens!
Gravelly-Voiced Fucker
0 likes
So nice to hear that enthusiasm. And after being here 10 years! I rarely get that excited, because I write so slowly and have a tendency to get bogged down in the minutia. I do get devoured by the smaller bits - a paragraph or a sentence I'm excited about, or a plot twist. Sometimes just looking for (and finding) the right word.

Jeez, I sound so boring.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
My curse is not obsession. It's perfectionism (okay, okay... that is an obsession). I write. I delete. I rewrite. Over and over, ad absurdum! I have over a dozen stories in the works at any one time. One I have been working on for over 7 years. There have been only two or three stories I have started and completed within the span of a few days. Not because I was passionately obsessed with getting them finished, but because they almost literally wrote themselves. I LOVE when that happens!

sounds a bit like me.

I just deleted 500 words on this story and re-wrote
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier
One I have been working on for over 7 years.

Hmmmmm, Sisters of the Moon ?
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
Quote by Melissa999

Hmmmmm, Sisters of the Moon ?

That's the one!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So then, may we say writing is a passion. Moreover, in a way, it is not us who writes the story, but the story writes itself, and we are just its medium. Yes, this sounds counter-intuitive but it is the current belief, and was the past believe, of many well known writers. It is, as I said originally, a passion.
I have been writing and researching, researching and writing, a history book about Manchuria for over 40 years. What is making me have to publish soon? My age. If I don't publish now, it may not be published at all. What a waste of a life! MINE! It, my son said, is "becoming my Great White."

In his song, "I Shall Be Released" Dylan sings, "when I paint my masterpiece." Writing can take us over and take over our lives if what you are that passionate about is that potent an aphrodisiac to you. Dylan finishes, "I see my life comes shining, from the West down to the East. Any day now. Any day now. I shall be released."
Υπηρέτης της Αφροδίτης
0 likes
Quote by BethanyFrasier

That's the one!

I know biggrin
In the world's harsh wear and tear many a very sincere attachment is slowly obliterated.

Είμαι ταξιδιώτης τόσο στο χρόνο όσο και στο διάστημα
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dancewithme
So then, may we say writing is a passion. Moreover, in a way, it is not us who writes the story, but the story writes itself, and we are just its medium. Yes, this sounds counter-intuitive but it is the current belief, and was the past believe, of many well known writers. It is, as I said originally, a passion.
I have been writing and researching, researching and writing, a history book about Manchuria for over 40 years. What is making me have to publish soon? My age. If I don't publish now, it may not be published at all. What a waste of a life! MINE! It, my son said, is "becoming my Great White."

In his song, "I Shall Be Released" Dylan sings, "when I paint my masterpiece." Writing can take us over and take over our lives if what you are that passionate about is that potent an aphrodisiac to you. Dylan finishes, "I see my life comes shining, from the West down to the East. Any day now. Any day now. I shall be released."

I know a man of 80 who is still working on his first novel.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by rafael

I know a man of 80 who is still working on his first novel.

This is my fourth but the other three took over a decade each too.
One of the problems I have is that I love to take on subjects no one else has been able to take on, so I have that reputation as one of what one of my early research assistants said make me "the great problem solver." So it serves me right for having a disproportionate sense of what I can do. It is no that I can't figure things out over time but one can only get so much onto paper in a lifetime. It is a form of stupidity some of us have.
It is usually called "poor time management skills."
THAT is a major piece of all creativity.