9/11

last reply
10 replies
1.3k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Today is 9/11. How about we do a rememberence kind of thing. Post your memories, good or bad here.
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Lurker
0 likes
My husband is/was a Marine. I've always known there are bad people in the world. The bombing of the WTC just brought it closer to home.
It sickens me that they got away with it.

I'd also like someone every year to read the names of others who have lost their lives in other terrorist attacks as well.

And could we do away with all the PC bullshit and racially profile people at the airports and seaports? Let's look at them a little harder, huh?
Lurker
0 likes
To be honest when it first happened I was still in bed and got a phone call from a friends sister I didn't believe it at first till she told me I still can'tto this day believe thos towers are gone. That day alnong with the shuttle will stay vividly in my mind forever but those sons a bies will get what is coming to them.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was in 6th grade. I took the day off sick and was walking into the doctors office when the first plane hit. I remember seeing an older lady in the corner crying. after the second one hit my mom said i wasn't going to school after the appointment because if the terrorists were smart they'd hit the schools. So i didn't go to school that day or the next. i'll never forget the older lady in the corner. i can still see it all clear as day.
Lush Legend
0 likes
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was watching the Today Show when the first plane hit. I thought it was an accident. Then the second plane hit, and I knew we were at war. I was on the way to work, and I remember the DJ on the radio saying the Pentagon was hit. I knew either the White House or the Capitol was next. They closed the office almost as soon as I got there, and driving back, I could see the sky filled with smoke, and from my apartment in New Jersey, I could see the change in the city skyline. Later in the day, I went to the gym to work off some of the anger and pain. I hit a punching bag until my hands bled. Then I went home and cried.

My best friend from college used to work in Tower One. By dumb luck, he happened to take that Tuesday morning off.

Success is doing what you love, and doing it so well that someone will pay you for it.
http://www.lushstories.com/fantasyfiction
Lurker
0 likes
I was watching something on cable that morning when it was interrupted (which is unheard of) and at first I thought someone had accidentally hit a switch and they were replaying footage of the 93 attack. Then the second plane hit and all I felt was cold.

My father was due to be in Tower One, 91st floor in a meeting at 8am that morning.

Lucky for me he missed his flight and had to catch the next one which wasn't due to arrive in New York until 9:15. By the time they got close, their plane had been diverted.

I will still never forget how my heart jumped in my throat when the first one fell however since I had not heard from him.

After I heard another plane had hit the pentagon, all I could think was how much it reminded me of the Tom Clancy novel, "Executive Decision" and I was seriously pissed.

Ling
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I was at Wal-***t when the second plane hit. I was dumbfounded. I couldn't believe it. The first thing I remember thinking was: "How dare they!! Don't they realize what they're doing?!?!" Then my rage kicked in. Out in the parking lot, I was raving and swearing like a sailor denied a well-deserved weekend pass. When the first tower fell, I cried. I knew it was only a matter of time before the second followed. The loss is still almost incomprehensible. While the number of victims was high, I was truly thankful that the planes did not strike an hour or so later. If such would have been the case. . . . . The only thing I can think of was that there would have been a public outcry the likes of which would not have been heard since Pearl Harbor. And that cry would have been for B-L-O-O-D!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen

And could we do away with all the PC bullshit and racially profile people at the airports and seaports? Let's look at them a little harder, huh?

I hate the criteria they use at airports to stop people. Because I am a young woman usually travelling on my own I get stopped almost everytime becasue of the countries I have been to. If I had a dollar for everytime I was taken into one of the back rooms in an airport and interrogated I would be a very rich woman. It really pisses me off. I have some friends who aren't white and go through the exact same things because of where they are from / the countries they have visited. It gets a bit ridiculous