$20K camera shoots clearer images than the $1.5bn hubble telescope

last reply
2 replies
1.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
On one of those very rare nights where no clouds or atmosphere blots up things, most cameras can capture great images through telescopes.

I would say that the Hubble, however, can probably capture far more detail and far more many pictures with clarity than any 20k camera.

The other thing is Hubble can take images in infra-red and UV ranges as well, at the same time. Those bring in better results for scientific study in the long run.

Also, the 'lucky' system used corrections with variations on numerous pictures taken in the same time range. As a machinist I can tell you that each correction, no matter how accurate one tries to keep it, causes loss of accuracy eventually.

I think too that they couldn't have figured out the correction programs without the use of Hubble imagery to relate the changes into for a 'standard'...so essentially, the 20k camera technology couldn't have existed without the Hubble to begin with.

But it is an interesting article. It shows how far we've come in the last fifty years as far as space and understanding it.
Matriarch
0 likes
I'll get back to you on that C2c once I re-read it 3 more times to try and understand what you wrote! [smilie=co