Login

Moving house sucks

last reply
8 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I've filled up 3 big boxes with books already. I'm glad I started this process early.

And only 14 different organisations to call to change address , and I'm sure I've forgotten some.

I hate moving
Lurker
0 likes
My sympathies. It is a nightmare. My last move was to a new country which was extremely difficult. Now, I refuse to move!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I've filled up 3 big boxes with books already. I'm glad I started this process early.

And only 14 different organisations to call to change address , and I'm sure I've forgotten some.

I hate moving

So do I. I haven't moved in 15 years, and the stuff is piling up around us. Why is it so hard to sort and get rid of stuff if one isn't moving?

Good luck.
Lurker
0 likes
Same here Nic - total empathy! And hubby is a packrat to boot!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Good luck with the move, it is stressful regardless.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Moved house so many times I should open my own shipping company. Aaargh.

Look at the positives. Garage sale to say bye, bye to your old neighbours (and sell your old crap to them ) then get to decorate a brand new home and repeat all the mistakes of before. Such fun!!!

We all feel for you.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Matriarch
0 likes
Thanks for the support folks
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It's always easier when your belongings fit into two very small suitcases.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I hate moving

Ohhh no, that is not good news. I've sold my house and due to be moving end of October. I'm excited and nervous, I just hope I don't run out of energy haha