last reply
17 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Cops: Woman fried, ate goldfish amid fight with ex

PASADENA, Texas – Authorities say a Houston-area woman who was burned up at her former common-law husband fried their pet goldfish and ate some of them. Pasadena police say it's a civil matter and no charges will be filed. The seven goldfish were purchased together by the couple during happier times.

Police spokesman Vance Mitchell says the man reported on Saturday that the woman took the goldfish from his apartment.

Mitchell says the two argued earlier about some jewelry the man had given her but took back. She wanted the jewelry returned.

Officers who were dispatched to the woman's home arrived to find four fried goldfish on a plate. The woman said she already ate the other three.
Lurker
0 likes
Well that's one way to avoid a custody battle over the goldfish!

Ling
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That's just wrong on so many levels.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ok........

www.szadvntures.com

Latest story:

• TBD

• Bump in the Night-Microfiction

• Smoke Break-Interracial

Matriarch
0 likes
I doubt they were very tasty, too small for one thing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always thought gold fish were to be eaten whole while still alive? *shrugs*
"I can resist everything except temptation." - Oscar Wilde
Lurker
0 likes
That's how I've always seen it done too.
Matriarch
0 likes
Only in magic shows, and that's normally a thin shaving of carrot, no fish are normally harmed in the process.

(a friend of mine was a magician's assistant for a short stint, told me a few funnies)
Lurker
0 likes
When I was in HS my heath teacher said he'd rather swallow a gold fish then smoke a ciggy. He did. One kid brought the ciggy one the fish.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
In Belgium, there's something called the 'Krakelingenfeest' (a Krakeling is a very small kind of fish, maybe half an inch long; 'feest' is a feast or festivity) where these small fish are put into wine and folks drink the lot with the fish still alive. Is a tradition that stems from 2000 years ago.

And some Goldfish grow over a foot long, so I would like to see someone swallow those alive...

JJ
Lurker
0 likes
I heard about this on the radio today and laughed my ass off.

Yes, I've seen a goldfish about a foot long in Lake Huron once. It was trapped under some ice, in a shallow place. I thought it was a piece of orange plastic at first.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Anyone who would do such a monsterous deed should be boiled in oil.

I assume the fish fry was for effect and to affect a response for the ex
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by roccotool
I heard about this on the radio today and laughed my ass off.

Yes, I've seen a goldfish about a foot long in Lake Huron once. It was trapped under some ice, in a shallow place. I thought it was a piece of orange plastic at first.

That would have been a Koi Carp wouldn't it?
Lurker
0 likes
That's what I thought Nic. They can be quite expensive. We had thought a few years ago about putting a Koi pond in our side yard. Then thought about stray animals feasting and decided against it.
Lurker
0 likes
I don't know what the thing was, Nic. It was the middle of winter and a fluorescent orange color; about a foot long. Can Koi live in fresh water?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JimmyJump
.....And some Goldfish grow over a foot long, so I would like to see someone swallow those alive...

JJ

Now I'd pay good money to see that....Deepthroating a foot long Goldfish![-o<
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Copycat?

Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Donald Fite - Sentenced To Probation After Stabbing To Death His Ex-Girfriend’s Pet Fish

Portland, Oregon (The Weekly Vice) - Donald Earl Fite III, a 27-year-old Oregon man pleaded guilty Tuesday to assaulting his ex-girlfriend and then stabbing her pet fish in retaliation for breaking up with him.

According to the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office, Fite's ex-girlfriend, Sarah Harris, returned to her apartment in Late July to find Fite lying on her bed - begging her to get back together with him.

When Harris refused Fite's advances, he shoved her against a wall, pulled her hair and threw her against a bathtub before she was able to flee the apartment.

The woman later returned to the apartment with an officer to collect her cherished fish - a bright purple Betta-fish named DeLorean. But when she opened the door, she found the fish laying on the apartment floor with a knife through it's body.

"If she can't have me, then she can't have the fish," said Fite, who admitted to killing the fish.

Fite's attorney told the court his client was "absolutely mortified and ashamed about what he did to the fish."

The Prosecutor told the judge that Harris was planning to get a memorial tattoo of the fish and wanted Fite to pay for it. The judge was also asked to ban Fite from having contact with fish. The judge refused both requests

Fite pleaded guilty to 1st-degree animal abuse and 4th-degree domestic violence assault. He was sentenced to 2 years of probation, 80 hours of community service and $617 in fines and court costs.

Danny Vice
The Weekly Vice
http://www.theweeklyvice.com
Lurker
0 likes
I'll bet he holds his breath until she agrees to go back with him. It'll work too.