What's the answer?

last reply
25 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ever since I started having sex, there's been one question I've dreaded. It usually crops up about 5 minutes after the act, and more often in a new relationship. It goes:

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

It drives me crazy, because after sex I'm in a daze and too exhausted to be thinking anything. When I try to explain this, that I'm not thinking about anything, the reply is usually "But you must be thinking about something". To get around this I now just use a stock answer: "Football".

Anybody else got amusing suggestions for a reply?
Lurker
0 likes
well, the obvious one would be something to stroke her ego. make her feel amazing. not football. use something like, "i'm just blown away by how amazing you are and how lucky i am to have you, i can't even think right now." or some variation of that. smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Arr, Phoenix, my "Football" stock answer is merely a product of my, albeit often bad, British sense of humour. Thankfully, every long-term partner I've had knows this. Maybe I should change it to "Cars".

Thanks for your response anyway.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by phoenix_fire
well, the obvious one would be something to stroke her ego. make her feel amazing. not football. use something like, "i'm just blown away by how amazing you are and how lucky i am to have you, i can't even think right now." or some variation of that. smile

Great answer!

It all comes back to the basics "Treat the way you hope to be treated"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My, quite serious, stock answer runs along the lines of....

"Well, I was just thinking, how long I should wait before round 2?" Usually gets an appreciative laugh.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Charley
Ever since I started having sex, there's been one question I've dreaded. It usually crops up about 5 minutes after the act, and more often in a new relationship. It goes:

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

It drives me crazy, because after sex I'm in a daze and too exhausted to be thinking anything. When I try to explain this, that I'm not thinking about anything, the reply is usually "But you must be thinking about something". To get around this I now just use a stock answer: "Football".

"Doing it again, are you interested?"

"Food, I'm always ravenous after mindblowing sex, are you interested?"

"Damn! I didn't realise the ceiling needs painting, are you interested in doing that with me?"

And, if you really want a reaction, you could try this one:

"Wow! I can't wait to tell my online friends at the Lush forum and therefore the entire internet universe all about you!!!"
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Fabulous, thanks Gypsymoth.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Charley

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

"I was thinking about asking you what you were thinking..."

"I was just contemplating the thought of doing a fotoshoot of you in some sexy undies... Can you spare me 950 quid for a new camera?"

"Right now, my thought are way too deep... deep inside you..."

"Shhht... I'm counting my heartbeats.... I've heard yer heart stops after 3-million ticks, so I've got to keep count."

"I'm trying to remember where I parked the car."

"Do I pay you now, or can I open an account?"...

JJ
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JimmyJump

"Shhht... I'm counting my heartbeats.... I've heard yer heart stops after 3-million ticks, so I've got to keep count."

"I'm trying to remember where I parked the car."

"Do I pay you now, or can I open an account?"...

JJ

These are my favorites! Reminds me of Greg Hahn: "You just lost some points!" "Points, I didn't know we were keeping score... well in that case transfer my account to your younger sister!"

Ling
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Charley

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

What? Are you two in high school? What kind of a woman/man asks that question after they become an adult?
Lurker
0 likes
I've made a mental note never to ask that question. Never asked it before but as I've heard it doesnt get a good reaction. Also, I dont really wonder about it that much and if whatever he's thinking is important i'm sure i'll hear about it anways
Lurker
0 likes
I agree MM. Usually, if the sex was good, I couldn't give a shit IF he's thinking let alone WHAT it might be. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MMonroe
I've made a mental note never to ask that question.

Tried that once, making a mental note. Had to go see a doctor. Seemed my imaginary pencil was too sharp and punched a hole in my spirits. My subconcience kept escaping through the leak. I had to chase it around the apartment for hours. Eventually, we made a truce and my subconcience nestled itself back where it belongs. But I noticed it took a pencil sharpener with it, so, who knows what might happen one day.

JJ
Lurker
0 likes
I want to know why women ask the question.
Lurker
0 likes
just to drive men crazy, I would suspect.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by Charley

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

What? Are you two in high school? What kind of a woman/man asks that question after they become an adult?

Well, Chef, I suspect I might be several years younger than you. Not young enough to be in 'High School' still, sadly, but of an age where I date women in their early 20s. In all seriousness, maybe it's an insecurity thing with them.
Seeker
0 likes
Quote by JimmyJump
Quote by MMonroe
I've made a mental note never to ask that question.

Tried that once, making a mental note. Had to go see a doctor. Seemed my imaginary pencil was too sharp and punched a hole in my spirits. My subconcience kept escaping through the leak. I had to chase it around the apartment for hours. Eventually, we made a truce and my subconcience nestled itself back where it belongs. But I noticed it took a pencil sharpener with it, so, who knows what might happen one day.

JJ

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Charley
Quote by chefkathleen
Quote by Charley

"WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?"

Well, Chef, I suspect I might be several years younger than you. Not young enough to be in 'High School' still, sadly, but of an age where I date women in their early 20s. In all seriousness, maybe it's an insecurity thing with them.

Perhaps ypu are or maybe not. At any rate I'd trade up if I were you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Perhaps I'm what, Chef? Please be clear.

Despite being annoyed by the question "What are you thinking," I don't really think it's bad enough to split up a relationship over, or "trade up" as you put it. But thanks for the advice, dear.
Lurker
0 likes

You wrote it Charley. If it's not clear to you then I can't help you.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
No dear, what's not clear is your post saying: "Perhaps ypu are or maybe not." So, perhaps I'm what, or maybe not?
Lurker
0 likes
Older than you Charlie.
Is it early morning for you? Maybe you've not had your coffee yet. LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Arrr, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

I never drink coffee, so that must be where I'm going wrong. FYI: it's 3.30 here, 5 hours ahead of east coast USA.
Lurker
0 likes
I had/have no idea where you're at.8yIostN4S62PGOp4
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not so sunny, England.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Keep it simple when asked what you are thinking say "What a great shagg you are babe" the end. Why to women ask insecurity, wanting to talk to their man like a girlfriend, who the hell knows. After great sex I wanna eat something or take take a nap I could care less what you're thinking just let me know if you want something.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!