Login

A year on Lush

last reply
7 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Today is the one year anniversary for me on Lush. In some ways it seems like just yesterday that I stumbled across this site and fell in love with the community aspect of the site. In other ways, its seems like I've been here a lot longer. Lush has seen some major improvements over the past year, with the new profile pages, conversations, the chat room, and story contests. Many of the friends I have met here are no longer around. Real life pulled them away, and new people came to replace them. Amidst this never ending turnover of people, I have made some true friendships that I am extremely grateful for.

It has been a while since I published a decent story, so I'm sure many of the people reading this have no clue who I am. I've lived on the fringe of this society. That's the way I like it. Those who know me, know that I'm happy to lend a hand, but prefer to control my time in the spotlight.

I want to take this opportunity to thank everyone who makes this site what it is. Thanks to Nicola for the concept of Lush. Thanks to Gav for making sure that the concept remains a functioning reality. Thanks to the mods for all the work they do to make sure the content on this site is good. Thanks to the writers, who provide many stories for everyone to enjoy. And last of all, thank you to everyone who visits this site. It takes all of you to make this a community. And this community is what makes writing so rewarding here on Lush.

Once again, thanks to everyone for an exciting year on Lush. I hope we can all enjoy many more years here.

Have fun,

Jeremy
Lurker
0 likes

Congratulations on your 1st anniversary here on Lush, Jeremy!
Nicely worded tribute to the site and all who make it what it is, as well.

okay, I didn't really want that emoticon...

THAT'S better!

0 likes
Very well put, Jeremy. Happy first anniversary!

Lurker
0 likes
Aww Jeremy! Happy anniversary!! I hope you have many many many more!!
Matriarch
0 likes

You're so sweet Jebru.

How is the songwriting going?

Congratulations on the year, are you sure it's only that? I think the site must be broken, it seems like you've been here for a lot longer.
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks for the compliment, Jeremy. We hear a lot of complaining, so it's refreshing to hear positive feedback sometimes.

Many of the friends I have met here are no longer around.

That's the bitter pill I've had to swallow after being online for several years. It's not fair and it can be really sad. But like you said, new people come into your life; really good people.
So here's a toast to all the "good" people; the members that make it fun to keep coming back in, past and present.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
How is the songwriting going?

The song writing is ok. I've got concepts in my head, and now I'm playing with different sounds to go with them.
Lurker
0 likes
Hey Jeremy
Great to have ya on the site man good friend to man doesn't seem like that long does it? Time flies but keep having fun Man.