What time do you get up in the morning?

last reply
555 replies
29.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
I am constantly waking up, wide awake, every day, at 4am recently. I don't seem to be able to sleep for more than 6 hours straight.

Is that enough? I'm exhausted at the end of the day, so maybe it isn't!
Lurker
0 likes
Everyone is different. I know Tech Goddess only needs that much, too; maybe less. I need 8 1/2.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
The alarm goes off at 5:15. However I don't roll outta bed until about 5:45. LOL
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
0 likes
I go to bed at about 11pm and get up at 5:30am every day.

If you're wide awake at 4am, that might be all the sleep your body needs.
Lurker
0 likes
What time do you normally go to bed? If you're so tired at the end of the day that you go to bed at say 9, no wonder you're awake at 4. Maybe going to bed a couple of hours later will sort it
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
im in bed by 9:30-10pm every night and Im up at 6 am
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If I don't get eight hours, I need a nap in the afternoon.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have to get up at 5:30 in order to get done what needs to get done. I do hate it, though. I have to force myself into bed at 11:00 and I hate going to sleep early.
Matriarch
0 likes
I normally go to bed around 10.

I like it though, getting up so early it's really peaceful, and I can look out the window and see the mountains waking up.
Lurker
0 likes
Unless you have a lot on your mind or something that's really bothering you, you sound like you're in the right place. Your body knows when it's had enough. You're supposed to be tired at the end of a busy day. That includes a mentally busy day as well.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
I am constantly waking up, wide awake, every day, at 4am recently. I don't seem to be able to sleep for more than 6 hours straight.

No, if you are exhausted at the end of the day it isn't enough. A regular waking pattern like that rarely has anything to do with having had enough sleep, and is more in tune with levels of stress and anxiety taking over. Do you get back to sleep, or lie awake thinking about things, or worse, stressing about them? There are things that can help alleviate this which are not based on sleep medication, but it can still be quite difficult to regulate the sleep cycle and patterns.
Lurker
0 likes
Right now my schedule is so off since I have been laid up that when I go to sleep I do sleep six hours. When I'm on a schedule I'm in bed by 10p and I sleep six to seven. Now it does catch up to me by weeks end, so I will sleep eight hours for a night.

Also being a firefighter/paramedic you get the sleep when you can. On average at the firehouse we get 30 calls a day. So yeah sleep is a premium.

Now Nic, the "so called" experts say seven to eight hours is the norm. Me if I sleep more than eight I feel like crap. But that is just me.
Lurker
0 likes
As a student, my average day involved getting to sleep between 2 and 3 and waking up at about 11 on average, sometimes later if i've been out.... I know its terrible

When I go back home in the holidays and back to my job in a coffee shop, i'm in bed by 8 on the first day cos I'm so exhausted at having to actually do something for a change
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
up at 5AM every morning even if I have the day off... bed at 10 and read a bit...
Algol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
normally im in bed at 10:30 or 11 and up at 4 to do inventory and other things in the shop but being in the hospital i sleep as sleep is needed.

“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are messengers of overwhelming grief...and unspeakable love.” ~ Washington Irving

"Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It make you so vulnerable. It opens up your chest and it opens up your heart and it mean someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole set of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different than any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life... You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. The did something du mb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and your life isn't yours anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. Eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should just be friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. Its a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love." ~Neil Gaima
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by gypsymoth
No, if you are exhausted at the end of the day it isn't enough. A regular waking pattern like that rarely has anything to do with having had enough sleep, and is more in tune with levels of stress and anxiety taking over. Do you get back to sleep, or lie awake thinking about things, or worse, stressing about them? There are things that can help alleviate this which are not based on sleep medication, but it can still be quite difficult to regulate the sleep cycle and patterns.

You could well be right gypsymoth. We have a lot on at work, and I've also recently bought a house, which at the moment has no bathroom, the garage was pulled down last week, and the garden looks like a bombsite. I normally wake up fretting about one of those things.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a hard time sleeping, usually get around 3-6 hours each day. I am tired all the time.

I have sleep issues. Mind is always racing and I have to play music and listen to it so I won't think so much. Sometimes I psyche myself out and actually fear sleeping. I jerk up and awake gasping for air and disoriented, sometimes it feels like my heart is racing and I have panicked a couple times thinking something was wrong and jumped out of bed to run to the phone. But, I calmed down and realized I was fine when I got into the living room. This has happened several times the last few years.

The worst is getting headaches from not enough sleep, makes work hard.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a hard time sleeping, usually get around 3-6 hours each day. I am tired all the time.

I have sleep issues. Mind is always racing and I have to play music and listen to it so I won't think so much. Sometimes I psyche myself out and actually fear sleeping. I jerk up and awake gasping for air and disoriented, sometimes it feels like my heart is racing and I have panicked a couple times thinking something was wrong and jumped out of bed to run to the phone. But, I calmed down and realized I was fine when I got into the living room. This has happened several times the last few years.

The worst is getting headaches from not enough sleep, makes work hard.

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Matriarch
0 likes
Sounds like your insomnia is giving you panic attacks Primal. Go see a doctor about it.
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
i have trouble getting to sleep and so i stay awake till i have to go to bed and then depends on when i have to work about what time i get up normally i have to have more then 8 hours of sleep tho lol
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I only ever sleep about 5 to 6 hours per night and feel just fine during the day. The older I get the less sleep I seem to need.
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lurker
0 likes
Personally I like to get a full 12hours of sleep
Most of the time this is unrealistic basically because I have things to do!
Though when I get the chance ill go for it, I can do more than 12hours, however a Doctor once told me its not good for me after I pulled an 16hour sleep while I was in hospital, the nurses got worried.
Lurker
0 likes
Currently I get up at 5am and I try to get 8 hours.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I usually get up around 4am, regardless of when i went to sleep.
I thrive on Coffee, Mtn Dew and Rockstar Powershots to keep me rolling during the day.
But by the time the day is over, I'm one limp biscuit.....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola

I live on about 6 hrs kip and it works for me, but hey, Nic, it is perfectly acceptable to take a 'nap' if you get tired later in the day - commitments permitting. Lots of folks do, hell, whole european countries still take a siesta around 1pm thru 3pm or 4pm with Portugal top of my list at the moment as the place for me to be.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Oneline
Though when I get the chance ill go for it, I can do more than 12hours, however a Doctor once told me its not good for me after I pulled an 16hour sleep while I was in hospital, the nurses got worried.

What are you? Part cat?
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I try to get into bed before midnight, and up no matter what time I go to sleep, am up around five. If I come home from the bar at just after four, crawl into bed, I am up around five and I am the insane one who is bright and cheery; breakfast made for all, coffee on and itching the walls to make noise by seven. I agree with Nicola, watching the world come alive each morning is the most calming sight in the world.

Now, that cock on the other hand....
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
That cock? Morning wood? What? Nvm.

-------
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I love about ten hours sleep if I can get away with it, but that's not going to happen on a regular basis, unfortunately. Sometimes I wake about 4am and listen to my ipod for an hour before falling back asleep. Better than listening to the howling gales we're having here right now.

*The Dark Room*

How do you talk to an Angel available from Amazon.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight
Quote by Oneline

What are you? Part cat?

Pffftt, your just jeolous cause you cant sleep that long!