Do Your Prefer Alpha Males?

last reply
31 replies
3.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Do you have a preference for alpha males and if so what is it about alpha males that you find intriguing?
0 likes
I prefer a nice guy with a backbone. Someone who treats me well but doesn't let me walk all over him.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
Call me dumb, but whats an Alpha male?
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Pixie
Call me dumb, but whats an Alpha male?

I much prefer the username 'Pixie', but if you insist....

In its simplest terms, the Alpha male (or female - they are out there) is the pack leader. The guy you usually love to hate because he takes charge, makes the decisions (or at least you ladies make us feel like we make the decision) and generally give the female that warm fuzzy 'I feel safe and protected' feeling.

Guess you can tell I didn't major in psychology!!
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lollipop Girl
0 likes
Okay I like more of an alpha male. But I just dont like someone else making decisions for me.
"Haters make me FAMOUS!!!"

Sassy
Lurker
0 likes
I do like a strong, alpha male you can look after me and be manly, but at the same I hate arrogance, and being manly and violent for no reason
Lurker
0 likes
I definitely fall for the alpha males- and there's a part of my personality that even bends more in reaction to them, which isn't altogether healthy, but I have to be honest about myself and recognize that.

MercianKnight's explanation sums it up for me, the guy that takes charge, is resolute, and gives the all important 'safe/protected' warm fuzzy. I'm all over that, for better and worse.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
I prefer a nice guy with a backbone. Someone who treats me well but doesn't let me walk all over him.

Agreed
Lurker
0 likes
I never go out with them I am attracted to them but Alpha Males *drool*...their take charge attitude...their manliness in an age of metrosexuals....yummmmmmmmm
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
"metrosexuals...." I'm all for the well groomed male, but if he takes longer than me to get ready - we have a problem.

As for Alpha, nope there can't be 2 of us - we'll tear each other apart! [and not in a good way]
Lurker
0 likes
Nah I don't want an Alpha male. I'm strong enough by myself without being all needy and wanting a man to take charge. I don't want my man to agree with everything I say. He can be strong without having all the Alpha testosterone flying around.
I just want a man who can be a friend, lover and someone to have a right good laugh with.
Lurker
0 likes

Alpha males is such a word that many get confused about it. I see within the media that this is a subject has been presented in a fashion that many look at men as a dumb gender or even a gender that just is controlled by the things around him like the women in their lifes. This also can explain as part of the confusion that many people of both genders have when it comes to a relationship. Example of this would, a women will wear a mans shirt because of the love and wanting her man to wrap around her body, but for many women, a man thats wants to wear her panties so she is with him can be something that women can be confused on, they have felt that he wants to be a women and in some cases, women have left the man they love.

Men and women are different and it is designed that way. A women can never be a man because of equipment and how her mind is laid out. It is the same for a man.

A women is a gift to the world because she is the that can provide life. No women in love with another women can ever give her lover a child without the gift that a mans body can only supply. Interesting how both genders to be complete can only get from each other.

A women giving to another women gives that women tenderness and a softness that only being a women can provide. Why, is it because of the DNA of a women and how they feel and love.

Think about that and feel how this man can stand up and tell you with a hug and then knowing you will need to feel his strength and passion for your body, mind and his need to feel your soul.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LushPrincess
"metrosexuals...." I'm all for the well groomed male, but if he takes longer than me to get ready - we have a problem.

As for Alpha, nope there can't be 2 of us - we'll tear each other apart! [and not in a good way]

I can understand the "clash of titans".

What do you think about the case where an alpha female and alpha male balance each other out?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think some of you are throwing the term "alpha male" around too loosely. Simply feeling "safe and protected" is not a trait of an alpha male but a common trait among most men.

In my opinion, alpha males are the strong personalities that own a room, and others follow them, they are the "leader" in their group of friends. They also are usually good with the ladies, the cocky, arrogant man who gets any woman he wants. Usually the star athlete, or dominant male, whether by attitude, muscular build, aggressive towards women and "weaker" men, the arrogant "rich" kid or the office "bully".

Alpha males are the leader of whatever pack they are running in.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I guess it all depends on what you think an "alpha male" really is.

To me? YES. I want and prefer an alpha male as my partner.

In my personal opinion, an alpha male is a man who will never say he is an alpha male. He is a man who just oozes his confidence, his charm, his respect of himself and others. He carries his burdens and those of his friends and family with grace. He walks into a room and without even looking, I know he is there. Within moments of entering, he shines. He is a man who does not need to be in the lime light, and is more than comfortable to sit back and let others take the lead, and is there to give a hand without even asking, making it look like the person did it all. He is wise enough to push his partner and those around him, to be a better person, even if it means she/they will be more than he is (emotionally, intellectually, spiritually and all the other ally's...).

I do not think that a true alpha male, needs to be the leader of the "pack", he is just thrust into that position naturally, but is happy enough to let others take his place. They do not take this position by force or by any other means other than just being who they are.

Call it quiet strength, call it what you will. In my short life, I have only ever had the pleasure of meeting, in my opinion, a small handful of alpha males. (And no, I am not talking about a handful of balls here)

Those that crave the spot light, those that crave the attention, in my opinion are alpha wusses, not alpha males.
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not really I'd have to break them and that's just a pain in the ass - theirs!!! LOL
Bunny12

Bunny Rabbits cute and fuzzy they want to love you but they have razor sharp teeth - don't piss them off!
Lush Legend
0 likes
I agree with Woman.......I have a pretty strong character so I need someone that is at that level with me......so Woman's description of what an Alpha male really is has always been my attraction to them.....
"Love all, trust a few, and do wrong to none."
Lurker
0 likes
I think the perception of alpha male is distorted. I've been around so called alpha males and they back down when in my presence and I don't even try to assert myself. I usually want to beat ones ass if they are too obnoxious. I don't have the need to take charge of every situation or gender. I do keep control over my own life and family tho and I have established boundaries and tolerances. Usually another alpha asks me what I think or want if the situation arises. My girl being a Leo knows when and where to take charge of things and I don't mind at all. So yeah I guess I'm an alpha with a twist. I'm compatable in spite of my narcissistic tendencies HA!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like alpha males who are string enough to let me take care of myself, until I ask for thier help. And that has been a hard man to find. lol!
Lurker
0 likes
Yes. I am an Alpha female and have an Alpha male as my mate. If anyone has said they have/had one and it backed down or backed off from her then it is not a apha but the beta of his and her world. You cannot break the alpha. If so, it becomes secondary, which is the Beta.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I definitely prefer an alpha male...I don't know, I like guys with big egos. But sometimes, guys have big egos to compensate for their small.....well you know.
Lurker
0 likes
There was a lot of good answers in this one as well. Perhaps some of the newbies should have a look too.
Lurker
0 likes
I have read all these post's again and still my mind hasn't changed, I deffo don't want a dominating male taking charge of me.

Isn't that what parents do take charge because we are not able to take care of ourselves.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by HoneyBee000
I have read all these post's again and still my mind hasn't changed, I deffo don't want a dominating male taking charge of me.

Isn't that what parents do take charge because we are not able to take care of ourselves.

If I was female I wouldn't accept any male taking charge of me either.

When I posed the question I didn't really define what an alpha male was. I left the question open for women to answer. As suggested here, most women don't want to be dominated by a male any more than you do. What I think of as an alpha male, would not be interested in running your life. As an egalitarian, I expect women to be able to take care of themselves. In fact our world benefits from women being out from under the thumb of a patriarchal society. I find great joy in the accomplishments women are making in our society.

There is something very sexy and alluring about an alpha female.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I always saw the distinction of 3 different types:

The alpha male - the more confident, assertive, successful, take-charge male when compared to other men.

The alpha female - the more confident, assertive, successful, take-charge female when compared to other females.

The alpha-partner - whoever (whether male or female) is more dominant in terms of decision making, resources, and relationship roles within a partnership.

I think an alpha male and alpha female can work really well together to create a great egalitarian partnership. They are often that cool couple you always want to invite to your party, or hang out with. They both have a strong sense of self-identity and self-confidence and work to bring out the best in each other to become the "alpha couple". You can probably even think of a few examples of these if you think of your own social circles.

I think the couples where one is overtly stronger than the other can create an 'off-balance' dynamic, and I don't think anyone wants to be dominated in a partnership (unless its in the bedroom once in a while... heheh). Or unless you subscribe to the 'weaker vessel theory' from the other thread on this topic.

But then there are lots of beta-males, beta-females, and beta-couples... Nothing wrong with those types either.

A lot of women might be attracted to the idea of an alpha-male, but not be wanting to date one in real life. Not everyone wants to run at the head of the wolf pack...

Personally, I do... LOL
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
A lot of women might be attracted to the idea of an alpha-male, but not be wanting to date one in real life. Not everyone wants to run at the head of the wolf pack...

Personally, I do... LOL

There is a time to lead and a time to follow, and a time to get the hell out of the way.

And if you aren't a loner or leading the pack...the view never changes. You better enjoy scoping out ass, or dig on the benefits.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
Hi everyone!
Maybe is this going to sound strangely, but I don't like alpha males. I was being tricked in the past before I lerned that is not everythig abaut to be the first lady, to me they are way too much self-absorbed and too cocky for my taste, at least I had those experiances. Who I like is their right hand, they are self-confident, smart and excelllent in bed.
Have good night people
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by She
Who I like is their right hand, they are self-confident, smart and excelllent in bed.

In my personal opinion, I generally find that the "right hand" of the men who are cocky, egotistical etc... are the alpha males and not the loud ones. In my personal life, I've discovered that the louder a person is, the more that they have a need to prove to themselves and others that they are seen/heard etc... it is the men and women who do not need to prove themselves to anyone but themselves (an a small select few for whom they are close too) that I would consider to be an alpha type personality.

For an alpha I think, has quiet strength and does not need to show it. You see the puppet, but rarely see the puppeteer who puts on the show.

To me, an alpha male is a man who is confident enough to let me continue to grow to discover who I am as well as let me take care of myself. And someone who will be there with a helping hand when I need help. SilverArdorDragon I think said it best. These men are hard to find!
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like strong men who are assertive. I can be very submissive in bed and I prefer a man who know what he wants and isn't afraid to take it or me.