Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Sandra Bullock be named best and worst actress of the year?

last reply
30 replies
2.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
I know my woman likes her, but I avoid all movies with her in it.
Flutterby Pharie
0 likes
I heard the Blindside was a really good movie.....and she starred in it.ZhH7xIMoyD4pzlMf
♥ Listen, touch, and look around in the air and on the ground. If you watch all nature's things, you might just see a fairy's wings. ♥
Constant Gardener
0 likes
She's an actress?

Who cares! - I'd hit it!
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Leave Sandra alone. She is lovely and always a good source of romantic chick-flick romantic comedies that I can watch with my wife.

Who cares if she made some poor movie choices to star in - hasn't every actor (rhetorical)? "Miss Congeniality"; "Speed" (NOT Speed 2 - ewww!) and others make her a sweetheart.
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
I like her. And usually her movies. Crash was interesting too.
Lurker
0 likes
Premonition and Two week's notice were good movies
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight
Leave Sandra alone. She is lovely and always a good source of romantic chick-flick romantic comedies that I can watch with my wife.

Who cares if she made some poor movie choices to star in - hasn't every actor (rhetorical)? "Miss Congeniality"; "Speed" (NOT Speed 2 - ewww!) and others make her a sweetheart.

I am with you on this, don't say anything bad about Sandra Bullock around me.

I love some of her movies and enjoy the others. She is a very accomplished woman. She does her own thing, produces movies and TV, etc. The big thing I admire is she is her own woman who isn't for sale. She has given lots of her money away, recently one million dollars to Hatti relief. There is noting wrong with guys liking chick flicks, nothing at all.

My favs:

The Net
Crash
Premonition
The Lake House
Infamous
28 Days
Miss Congeniality
While You Were Sleeping
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Kyle
Quote by mercianknight

I am with you on this, don't say anything bad about Sandra Bullock around me.

I love some of her movies and enjoy the others. She is a very accomplished woman. She does her own thing, produces movies and TV, etc. The big thing I admire is she is her own woman who isn't for sale. She has given lots of her money away, recently one million dollars to Hatti relief. There is noting wrong with guys liking chick flicks, nothing at all.

My favs:

The Net
Crash
Premonition
The Lake House
Infamous
28 Days
Miss Congeniality
While You Were Sleeping

***************************************************************************************
Her latest movie I went to see last week and cried during the whole movie she was excellent in it as Leigh Anne Tuohy in Blind side she is a great actress and a very quiet and not a scandalous actress as many others are...

The Blind Side (2009) .... Leigh Anne Tuohy
All About Steve (2009) .... Mary Horowitz
The Proposal (2009/I) .... Margaret Tate
Premonition (2007/I) .... Linda Hanson
Infamous (2006) .... Nelle Harper Lee
The Lake House (2006) .... Kate Forster
Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous (2005) .... Gracie Hart
Loverboy (2005) .... Mrs. Harker
Crash (2004/I) .... Jean Cabot
... aka L.A. Crash (Germany)
"George Lopez" .... Amy (3 episodes, 2002-2004)
- Bachelor Party (2004) TV episode .... Amy
- No Free Launch (2002) TV episode .... Amy
- Happy Birthdays (2002) TV episode .... Amy
Two Weeks Notice (2002) .... Lucy Kelson
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (2002) .... Siddalee 'Sidda' Walker
Murder by Numbers (2002) .... Cassie Mayweather / Jessica Marie Hudson
... aka Murd3r 8y Num8ers (USA: promotional title)
Miss Congeniality (2000) .... Gracie Hart
... aka Miss Undercover (Europe: DVD title)
28 Days (2000) .... Gwen Cummings
Gun Shy (2000) .... Judy Tipp
... aka Gunshy (Australia: video title)

Forces of Nature (1999) .... Sarah Lewis
The Prince of Egypt (1998) (voice) .... Miriam
Practical Magic (1998) .... Sally Owens
Making Sandwiches (1998) .... Melba Club
Hope Floats (1998) .... Birdee Pruitt
Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997) .... Annie
In Love and War (1996) .... Agnes von Kurowsky
A Time to Kill (1996) .... Ellen Roark
Two If by Sea (1996) .... Roz
... aka Stolen Hearts
The Net (1995) .... Angela Bennett
While You Were Sleeping (1995) .... Lucy Eleanor Moderatz
Who Do I Gotta Kill? (1994) .... Lori
... aka Me and the Mob
Speed (1994/I) .... Annie Porter
Wrestling Ernest Hemingway (1993) .... Elaine
Fire on the Amazon (1993) .... Alyssa Rothman
... aka Lost Paradise
Demolition Man (1993) .... Lt. Lenina Huxley
The Thing Called Love (1993) .... Linda Lue Linden
When the Party's Over (1993) .... Amanda
The Vanishing (1993) .... Diane Shaver
Love Potion No. 9 (1992) .... Diane Farrow
"Lucky Chances" (1990) TV series .... Maria Santangelo
... aka Jackie Collins' Lucky/Chances (USA: complete title)
"Working Girl" .... Tess McGill (12 episodes, 1990)
- Oh, Brother (1990) TV episode .... Tess McGill
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1990) TV episode .... Tess McGill
- We Can Work It Out (1990) TV episode .... Tess McGill
- Hungry Heart (1990) TV episode .... Tess McGill
- Two's a Crowd (1990) TV episode .... Tess McGill
(7 more)

Religion, Inc. (1989) .... Debby Cosgrove
... aka A Fool and His Money
The Preppie Murder (1989) (TV) .... Stacy
Who Shot Patakango? (1989) .... Devlin Moran
... aka Breakin' the Rules (UK)
... aka Brooklyn Love Story
... aka Who Shot Pat?
"Starting from Scratch" .... Barbara Webster (1 episode, 1989)
- Confidence Game (1989) TV episode .... Barbara Webster
Bionic Showdown: The Six Million Dollar Man and the Bionic Woman (1989) (TV) .... Kate Mason
Hangmen (1987) .... Lisa Edwards

Behind every strong soldier there is even a stronger woman who raised him " Proud Army Mom"
Lurker
0 likes
Yeah, I like Sandra Bullock, too. Would I see a movie simply because she's starring in it? Probably not. Would I stay away from a movie because she's starring in it? No. The bottom line (at least for me) is that I enjoyed the movies I saw that she happened to be in.
Matriarch
0 likes
Good on her.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
LOL
Sandra rocks!
I was already rooting for her to win the Oscar tonight but now after seeing that she's a good sport and went to pick up the Razzie I'm rooting even more for her.
"The blind side" is a good movie and she nails the role.
Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Yay! Told you Sandra was awesome. Thanks Nic, for keeping this on the boil.

Oh, Nic, are you a Sandra fan now?
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not so incredible that she won. She nailed the role and the movie is the kind of feel good movie the Academy always have a soft spot for.
I'm happy to see that "Avatar" didn't win the important Oscars and the happiest about the Argentinian movie winning best foreign movie Oscar.
Lurker
0 likes
I laughed my ass off at Steve and Alec.
Lurker
0 likes
Love that James Cameron's ex-wife got the Directing Oscar...also love that Avatar got shut out of major categories.

As for "The Blind Side", never had much interest in seeing it, and actually heard something mildly unsavory about how it dealt with race, but I'm sure she did well in the role.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I am a fan of Sandra's! I think she is pretty damn good! but then again i don't know the first thing about acting.... I just saw "Blind Side" last night and i thought it was really good. i didn't cry the whole time. but she played a good "sweet bitch"
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by mercianknight

Not a fan of her acting, but she's a good sort. She has character, I'll give her that.
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Quote by mercianknight

Not a fan of her acting, but she's a good sort. She has character, I'll give her that.

Of all who had a chance to speak last night - her few moments were those which I enjoyed the most. Followed closely by Dude's.

Sandra is genuine good people.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Lurker
0 likes
I'm with Will. How ironic that the egotistical Cameron got beat by his wife and by a much-lower budgeted flick.

And now I see "Alice in Wonderland" is blowing past "Avatar's" box office receipts.

This hasn't been Cameron's week.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I agree that most of her stuff is absolute shit, but once in a while she'll come out with something that is fantastic, I just wish she was more consistent.

As for The Blind Side, it was based on a true story. So the way it deals with race should reflect real life, not the polished story line we usually get.
Right there. Oh yeah baby. Right there.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Jezziebelle
So the way it deals with race should reflect real life, not the polished story line we usually get.

yes, it should...however:

Here's the entertaining account from my sister of the race treatment in the movie- I couldn't paraphrase the sentiment any better than I can just paste from her email.

"So true story and all etc. etc. but seriously, some richbitch said to the lady that Sandra Bullock played, "Honey, you're changing that boy's life!" and the retort was, "No. He's changing mine." aww Hollywood tears moment! It was real all right, a real-life hollywood screenwriter wrote it. On real-life purpose. To supposedly mimic real-life human speech and emotions.

So, Will, the story is this large homeless black teenager from the streets of Memphis and adopted by some very white and very pleased with themselves white people, led by a raving lunatic lady with a heart of gold (Sandra B.), who is either a creepy fanatical football booster or is achieving the impossible, learning to love a big scary black person, so lets all congratulate her on her progressive race relations.

The thing is, this actually happened. Michael Oher is a real person and so is rich white lady, but their on-screen lines are about as far from real people as you can get without being, like, a fern. And the racial stereotypes are as nasty and dated and unconsidered as anything since white people first discovered black people. But instead of making a movie in which real humans do believable things, The Blind Side redecorates the facts to make it hollywood. Thank god for rich white people, especially judgemental ones that bully the NCAA at the reasonable suspicion that they're offering their dollars to the school that offers the most perks for their rescued homeless kid, which probably happened anyway since they are giant boosters at the school where he ended up going in real life."

my sister makes me chuckle.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It amuses me to see people are still expecting real life movies from Hollywood.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by thepainter

Many probably do...they see "based on a true story" and expect a verbatim account. Never saw the humor in it, other than in a haughty, "you simpletons amuse me" kind of way, which may be where you're coming from.

Certainly license is taken in cinema, which is fine with me...I think a lot of people (such as I- and my sister, in this case) respond negatively mostly to the tired, formulaic emotional string-pulling, which is lazy, occasionally questionable, and often is the backbone of so many movies.

If it weren't for those things, it really is irrelevant how much of ANY movie is derived from fact, not being a documentary and all.

I haven't seen The Blind Side, but by most accounts, it seems to traffic in the same wheel ruts as many others in this respect.

But yes, I'm sure Bullock was great, after all she did win a shiny statue for it.

Good to see you in a "popcorn movie" thread, by the way...your art-house film must have ended early.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nice dig homie.

It's been known for years that Hollywood goes for the easy thrills and slick story telling. That's why it amuses me that people get antsy about this.
If you can't help getting pissed off about it then start supporting your local indie scene. There's so many gems in the arthouse movie scene that most people sadly don't get to see. If your sister is willing to explore into indie cinema I would gladly provide some movie titles which would satisfy her a lot more than the standard Hollywood products.
And just because it's labelled indie or arthouse that doesn't mean that it's all pretentious abstract crap (though that stuff is out there too).

When l lived in the US I had Netflix but also went to our local indie movie DVD rental place Dreaming Ant ( http://www.dreamingant.com/ ) since it's always fun to talk about movies with folks who love any and all type of cinema. Besides, I'm an old guy who likes the old school browsing around and just picking something just based on the cover or the description without really having a clue if the movie is somewhat decent or not.

Maybe I do come across as an arrogant prick but at least I can accept most Hollywood stuff for what it is: cheap popcorn entertainment. Which is exactly what most people want from their movies. It's funny to me to see people rave about how awesome the first Transformers movie was and in comparison, how bad the 2nd was.
If that makes me a dick then so be it.

"The blind side" does take Hollywood liberties yes but the movie is well done in the typical Hollywood framework.
If I want a real life story done in a realistic way then I'll indeed stick to my prententious self-important arthouse movies. Funny enough I watched a great realistic arthouse movie last night called "Welcome": http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1314280/
Yes I loved it, simply because it was well done, believable characters, good story and not some bullshit happy ending tacked on.

Dare to broaden your cinematic horizons.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree with essentially everything you just said- and yes, independent film is one of those things I really enjoy but don't carve out the time for like I ought to. Some of my favorite movies aren't big-studio films. As for my sister, well she enjoys getting worked up, not in a seriously stressed way, just in a fun rant way- she amuses me.

The only thing I'll add (at the risk of stating the obvious) is that within the "Hollywood" movie scene, there are really, really good movies too. They don't all paint by the numbers for the satisfaction of the rom-com crowd...and I enjoy tarring-and-feathering those that suck.

Congrats again to Sandra Bollock, they like her...they really like her.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
By all means, there are many great Hollywood movies. There have been many decades where Hollywood wasn't so uptight and many of the old classics are still excellent pieces of cinema. And every now and then a great script falls in the hands of a director who actually has the right feel for it.
For examples, I loved "Iron man" which is definitely one of the best Marvel movie adaptations. So I'm not knocking Hollywood movies, merely the fact that people tend to focus on those movies too much and then complain about them.

And finally, I am a self-proclaimed movie nerd who has seen all the movies in the imdb top 250. Which has many Hollywood movies in it.
Lurker
0 likes

I've read the comments on Hollywood and disagree. Hollywood with its good and bad is an incredible center of creativity in the art and the technology of film making. Almost any great filmmaker from anywhere in the world will agree with that statement. There have been hundreds of great movies produced by the major studios that are art. The creativity and vision of many of these directors, actors, writers, cinematographers etc. have been studied in depth because of their brilliance.

I really love French Cinema but you know the French make crap too. Some blockbusters are breathtaking. The success of a film as a art depends more on who makes it rather then where it was made.

I am a cultured open minded man, a product of both the street and the salon. I enjoy films from all over the planet, not just American/European but from Asia, South America and occasionally from Africa and of course New Zealand and Australia. I have done so since I was a teenager. I can say without a doubt you can find crap anywhere you go not just in Hollywood.

Peace!

Life is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of the buffalo in the winter. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.
-Crowfoot (Blackfoot)