Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

How important is a man's height? Options · View
LadyX
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 5:10:08 PM

castlequeen wrote:
last weekend we went to a party and he begged me to wear my "hooker boots" with 6 inch heels, and I towered over him, but he didn't care at all. The heels however had me in agony after about an hour, how the hell do strippers and actual hookers wear those damn things?

They definitely aren't comfy for everybody, I work with girls who actually take pain meds because being on their feet in heels- mostly- for 8 hours is so painful. I've been in heels since I was 12 so I am used to it, but when I'm not out with a man or working, I either go barefoot or wear my flats, otherwise my feet eventually will get fucked up unless you give them a break. Besides not wanting to end up with wierd feet, having pretty ones benefits me in other ways.
DamonX
Posted: Saturday, June 05, 2010 11:49:43 PM

How the hell did this thread get started up again? Ahhhh, Driver. Working your magic again I see. Well, I guess I work my magic as well.

Quote:
Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, yes being tall is an advantage, but that doesn't make being short a disadvantage.

I'm going to have to disagree with this one. Being excessively short is a disadvantage when it comes to attracting women. Anyone who doesn't think so is living in a dreamworld. It doesn't mean he has no chance, but his options will be limited compared to if he was average height or taller.

Now before certain females get all up in arms and claim that I'm calling them "Superficial" (god, I hate that word) I'll direct them to my countless previous threads in which I explain how attraction is not a choice.

And try and think about the last time you saw a 5 foot tall guy and thought to yourself..."That guy is hot!" I'm guessing...never?

Now, this doesn't mean a short guy is completely unnatractive, but the majority of women in the world will find the same guy more attractive if he is six ft tall than if he is 5 ft tall. And if you are 5'4 and do well with women...congratulations. I have friends in the same boat. But you would do better if you were 6'0 wouldn't you?

Riptide...Great post. I was actually surprised at how heated this thread became as well. I think you've made the same points I've made...but in a less offensive fashion. I look forward to more of your posts.

LadyX
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2010 5:03:05 AM

WHR43 wrote:
Sorry to all the wonderful men that are less than tall, but I want and need a man of a certain height. I am 5'8" with bare feet and then with heels I well you know. Several have mentioned a number of film stars that are well under 6'. Most be important to some, but I have always dated real men not some image on the screen.

My husband is 6'3" and I would not be comfortable with a man much shorter than that. A taller man stands out in a crowd, make you feel protected, safe and dominated in just the right way.

I know that is shallow and superficial, but the is a common thread with the woman of Lush and that is why your guys love us.

Of course Xuani at 5'2" all/most men are tall. Not fair you have the choice of the entire market and those of us who are on the taller side have to settle for what you reject!

lol Whitney. I think we're going after the same height, girl. I like the six footers and so do you.

Let's say you see two men at a club sitting down, and both look smoking hot. Both stand up, one is about 5'6" and the other is about 6'2". Are they both still equally hot? No f'ing way, the taller guy becomes hotter when you see the whole picture. Of course if the tall guy turns out to be a fatass, that's something else, but I'm saying if everything else is equal.

It's not superficial if it's what you are attracted to. I'm with Damon, that's a hater's word- superficial. Like if I wasn't lusting after dark skinned tall men, I should be reading journals on philosophy and watching c-span.

I'd love to be attracted to guys based on other things with more 'substance', wait no I wouldn't. I like my taste in men, and if they turn out to be losers after I get to talking to them, then I move on to the next one- also hopefully a lot taller than me.
Posted: Sunday, June 06, 2010 5:11:28 AM

I go for tall guys as well(6ft or more)...so colour me superficial...it's my one deal breaker/maker with a guy...that and bad teeth
ninakat
Posted: Saturday, December 11, 2010 8:22:47 PM

I'm 5'7 and I wont go out with any guys who is shorter than 5'11
Posted: Tuesday, December 14, 2010 11:40:28 AM

to be frank, i think height is important, im 5.8 and i like to be with a guy that is taller<3 i think its the fairytale behind it, prince charming is always taller:)
but for me sometimes it is how secure you feel about yourself, i think i would feel a little akward hand in hand with a shorter man, but if i did find the right guy and he was shorter, i would go for it:)
but i do prefer taller guys<3
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 5:47:21 AM

I'm 5'11 and though I definitely prefer a taller man, and be able to wear heels ( do the math;)..) I wouldn't say it's a dealbreaker.

In fact I've had several boyfriends who were 1 or 2 inches smaller then me and I'm not talking heels then. In the beginning I used to wear flat shoes all the time and at one point I just said screw it and stopped measuring heels in shops and just bought them! While the break-ups had nothing to do with their heights, it is true that some didn't take the difference in height so well. One would be proud to walk next to me but the other would look in every mirror and window and say it is only a small difference..confused5isjda

Anyway though I am always scanning for taller men that's no guarantee that I end up with one happy8 3601
Nikki703
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 8:36:33 AM

If I really liked someone I guess the height would not matter that much. But if I had to choose, I would want the guy to be at least 6'. I am only 5'5 but with heels can be as tall as 5'10 sometimes (yes I love the stripper CFM's, LOL). My Ex husband was 6'2 and I felt real comfortbale with his height ( about the only thing I liked) and most guys I have dated have been tall.

By the way, I love tall women too. And it seems like there a quite a few tall hotties here on lush. YUMMY!!! Love long legs!
Butterfly
Posted: Friday, December 17, 2010 10:04:26 AM

DamonX wrote:
So...

Is being short a dealbreaker?
At what height would you consider a man unattractive?
Would you put them in the same category as men that are very fat or unattractive in some other way?

No, not for me...in fact funny enough, as far as the few serious relationships I've been in, they've each been either right around my height (which is 5'10") or shorter but never more than a couple of inches. My S.O. of 17 years is 5'8". As far as the dating scene those many, many years ago LOL...I tended to ogle the taller dudes.
For me...it's about what's inside of the man that is a turn on. His wit, charm, intellectual capacity, humor, and a kind heart are winning combos and can tend to prevail over the looks department once I get to know someone. So, I don't put anyone into any specific category until I get to know them lol. If they turn out to be an ass, they end up in that category...etc...etc....
Woman
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 6:53:45 PM

I've been six foot one (and a bit and darn tootin proud of that bit too), since the since I turned eight years old. Pretty much everyone I encounter on a day to day basis is shorter than I.

I am used to it.

When it comes to dating? I go more for a man's personality than anything.

But... that being said.... tall men are yummy to look at. ONLY if they have good posture and do not slouch. Many of the taller men I have known, have terrible posture.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, "short man syndrome"... I am well familiar with this. Some of the shorter men I have known have been some of the most bitter, self conscious people I have ever met. They seem to feel like they have something to prove because they are a few inches shorter than I. And some of these men, get mean.

All in all... it comes to personal preference.

Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Ruthie
Posted: Saturday, December 18, 2010 9:10:18 PM

I like big guys, strong guys. I like knowing that I can be picked up and carried to bed. If a guy can pick me up it doesn't matter if he's tall or not though. One of my very best ex-boyfriends was only about five five, he was sweet, funny and great in bed. Even so, he was taller than me, at least barefoot. Most of the guys I've gone out with have been taller though.
cherryrebel
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 2:58:54 PM

Seeing as I am 6ft 3ins, i don't really dont have a choice about being the taller one. Anything under 5ft 9 would probably look a bit silly. but when u meet someone who turns u on mentally and physically, who gives a shit anyway??? we're all the same size lying down!!!!! xxxx
lafayettemister
Posted: Thursday, December 23, 2010 3:05:03 PM

cherryrebel wrote:
Seeing as I am 6ft 3ins, i don't really dont have a choice about being the taller one. Anything under 5ft 9 would probably look a bit silly. but when u meet someone who turns u on mentally and physically, who gives a shit anyway??? we're all the same size lying down!!!!! xxxx

I'm sooo glad I'm 5'10!! I made the cut.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
lilalola
Posted: Friday, December 24, 2010 5:44:36 PM

I prefer tall men, like seriously a 7ft man is automatically sexier than someone of average height to me, but just if he's taller is attractive enough. I just can't find a shorter man attractive, since I'm not very tall anyway it's not a big issue.
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 12:42:43 PM

Well, I'm quite tall (5 foot 11) and so I can't be hideously fussy about height, I'm willing to go a tad short (my boyfriend is around 5 foot 10), it isn't a case of finding them 'unattractive' when they get to a certain shortness....it's just the little things, being able to rest your head on their shoulder, not have to lean down to kiss them, feel like they're able to take care of you physically should a situation occur, and so on....

Furthermore, from a sex point of view, drastically different heights can pose an issue for some positions.
Kimasa
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 5:25:09 PM

I'm 5ft 3 so a man's height isn't much of a problem to me but I do like them to be tall. Ideally anywhere from 5ft 10 to 6ft.

My latest story:

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-school-reunion.aspx
PaperGangster
Posted: Saturday, December 25, 2010 11:36:06 PM

icecreamcandy wrote:
I am about 5'4 and i have to say i wouldn't go out with anyone shorter than me, but thats just my preference....

flower

DITTO. :)
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 10:35:49 AM

I am 6 foot 5 inches tall. Every women I date is shorter then me, simply by default. Ive dated women from 4 foot 11 ( she used to stand on a chair if she yelled at me) to 6 feet tall. I know this is an ask the gals question I just wanted to point out an observation. My brother is 5 foot 6 and when we go out to bars women tend to approach me to dance more so then him but if we are both sitting down on a stool its about 50/50 on who gets talked to first.
TopThis
Posted: Sunday, December 26, 2010 8:50:22 PM

I am tall. I wear heels. Height is important.
Posted: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 11:12:46 AM

I'm 5'5" and I used to only want a guy who was 6ft or taller, but after I met my friend who I really like, who is 5'7", I could care less about height.
sweetaz
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 4:06:51 AM

I never been out with a guy shorter than me and it wasn't his height that attracted me in the first place. I have come across some of the 5' syndrome, what they lacked in height they made up in loads by being arses. I don't need a man to make me feel secure as Im confident enough within myself to be amongst the masses I could easily pick up my man & toss him on the bed & I have done it too ... much to his delight lol.
Personality is way better :)
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:45:38 AM

I know it's asked to girls but i was quite interested in this because i'm 6'3 and my grown up sisters range from 5'10 to 6'1 and I don't think any of them have ever had a shorter boyfriend
Dirty_D
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:45:34 AM

i stand 6' before i put on my heels and I lOVE heels, so yea height is important. plus logistics with a shorter guy becomes an issue. that being said I tend to date people close to my height, even slightly shorter. (for my wedding, my ex wore heels(boots) and i wore flats(sandals), lol!)
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:02:43 AM

I'm just under 5'8" which is reasonably tall. I have to say that I do prefer a taller man, at the very least the same height as me, preferably a little taller...

I do like to be able to wear heels and still have my fella be taller, I wonder if I associate height with dominance, or strength or something...

I also prefer a guy who isn't skinny...
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 10:03:32 AM

I'd say pretty important. You dont have to be a certain height. You just need to be taller than me which isnt hard considering I'm only 5'4 :)
Coco
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 1:59:46 PM

TheArtTeacher
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:56:19 PM

I'm a short woman (5 feet even) and i find it refreshing to hook up with a shorter guy.
When it comes to choosing a man to be with a lot comes down to confidence, if hes awkward and comes across as having low self esteem women your first though is that is how the guy will be in bed. Your friend should just own his height.
rocco
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 6:59:15 PM

i don't think many men will get with a taller woman?
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:41:35 PM

I'm only about 5'2" but I have to admit I still prefer men 5'8" and taller. My present partner is 5'8". The really tall guys are still very attractive to me. I did go out with one guy my size but couldn't feel attracted to him at all. I think if a guy was at least a few inches shorter than me and was very confident and fit, I would not hesitate to go out with him. However, the tall guys have an unfair advantage.

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

[url=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-chaise-lounge.aspx]
CharlotteRusse1
Posted: Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:43:00 PM

Oops that was: I think if a guy was at least a few inches *taller* than me and was very confident and fit, I would not hesitate to go out with him

Writer of amateur erotica since 2011..See the latest at:

[url=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-chaise-lounge.aspx]