Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In | Register

Internet Dating Options · View
DamonX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 5:12:38 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795
This is stemming off another thread.

What's your take on internet dating? Scary? Pathetic? Or an acceptable way to meet new people? It seems like its growing in popularity among younger people, so is the stigma gone?

Feel free to share any experiences. hiding
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 5:45:56 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,551
Location: Your dirty fantasy
I had the scariest first experience ever...

I met a guy from online several years ago. Although I wanted it to be very casual and just a quick drink after class (I was a student at the time), he ended up bringing 3 dozen yellow roses for me when we met at the pub. I know sweet, right? But a little overwhelming for a casual beer and a first meeting!

I realized there was no chemistry and when he called the next day, I just said that I was happy to have met him, but not interested in anything serious. He seemed to take it well (at the time).

Then, he proceeded to hack into my email account, and start writing me scary, threatening emails as a fictitious persona he created for himself where he claimed he was a "nefarious criminal", had committed "war crimes", was a private investigator, an international spy, and a skilled 'tracker'.... Not even kidding. Then he proceeded to stalk me in real life and let me know what I was wearing when I walked to school on certain days and assured me that he could find me if he wanted to.

One day, he confessed who he really was and threatened to kill himself if I didn't agree to a relationship with him.

Hmmm.. sounds super-fun doesn't it?!

Anyways, to make a long story short, I have no idea what really happened to him... after 6 months of stalking, he just 'disappeared' suddenly. Whether he actually carried out his threat, I still don't know.

After this first and only experience, I stopped meeting men from online.. LOL

However... i did end up meeting two girls from online... Both were wonderful people. I ended up traveling briefly with one girl, and with the other, we became "close enough" that I even attended her wedding...

Sooo... I guess everyone's experiences can be different.

With all the popularity of the internet dating sites these days, it has to be working well for a lot people out there!

ChelleLaBelle
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 5:47:27 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 12/10/2008
Posts: 494
Location: Cincy, Ohio
i'm currently in an online relationship, as many of you already know, but we haven't met yet... However i have met one other person... that was scary as hell.... took a butcher knife with me. lmfao
DamonX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:00:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795
Dancing_Doll wrote:
I had the scariest first experience ever...

I met a guy from online several years ago. Although I wanted it to be very casual and just a quick drink after class (I was a student at the time), he ended up bringing 3 dozen yellow roses for me when we met at the pub. I know sweet, right? But a little overwhelming for a casual beer and a first meeting!

I realized there was no chemistry and when he called the next day, I just said that I was happy to have met him, but not interested in anything serious. He seemed to take it well (at the time).

Then, he proceeded to hack into my email account, and start writing me scary, threatening emails as a fictitious persona he created for himself where he claimed he was a "nefarious criminal", had committed "war crimes", was a private investigator, an international spy, and a skilled 'tracker'.... Not even kidding. Then he proceeded to stalk me in real life and let me know what I was wearing when I walked to school on certain days and assured me that he could find me if he wanted to.

One day, he confessed who he really was and threatened to kill himself if I didn't agree to a relationship with him.

Hmmm.. sounds super-fun doesn't it?!

Anyways, to make a long story short, I have no idea what really happened to him... after 6 months of stalking, he just 'disappeared' suddenly. Whether he actually carried out his threat, I still don't know.

After this first and only experience, I stopped meeting men from online.. LOL

However... i did end up meeting two girls from online... Both were wonderful people. I ended up traveling briefly with one girl, and with the other, we became "close enough" that I even attended her wedding...

Sooo... I guess everyone's experiences can be different.

With all the popularity of the internet dating sites these days, it has to be working well for a lot people out there!


Wow, that sounds horrible.

I've never "dated" using an internet site, but I have used adultfriendfinder. Its pretty much just for sex though. I only met one girl. (I actually wrote a story about it). A few others, I chickened out on.
LadyX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:07:23 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
I can't do that, dating online. I meet enough psychos and losers in everyday life, why beg for more online?
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:13:29 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,551
Location: Your dirty fantasy
DamonX wrote:


Wow, that sounds horrible.

I've never "dated" using an internet site, but I have used adultfriendfinder. Its pretty much just for sex though. I only met one girl. (I actually wrote a story about it). A few others, I chickened out on.



Yeah... the girls I met were from AFF... LOL...



DamonX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:21:00 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795
Dancing_Doll wrote:
DamonX wrote:


Wow, that sounds horrible.

I've never "dated" using an internet site, but I have used adultfriendfinder. Its pretty much just for sex though. I only met one girl. (I actually wrote a story about it). A few others, I chickened out on.



Yeah... the girls I met were from AFF... LOL...



Yeah, I really liked it because your could talk to each other and find out what both people are into before meeting. There was no "feeling out period". You can just get right down to business. love10
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:27:05 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,551
Location: Your dirty fantasy
DamonX wrote:
Dancing_Doll wrote:
DamonX wrote:


Wow, that sounds horrible.

I've never "dated" using an internet site, but I have used adultfriendfinder. Its pretty much just for sex though. I only met one girl. (I actually wrote a story about it). A few others, I chickened out on.



Yeah... the girls I met were from AFF... LOL...



Yeah, I really liked it because your could talk to each other and find out what both people are into before meeting. There was no "feeling out period". You can just get right down to business. love10


I lucked out.. the girls I chose to meet were both hot, classy/upscale and fun! And it was during the time when I was 'bi-curious' and not sure how to branch out past the 'curious' stage... Now that I know what I'm doing, I find there is ample opportunity everywhere if/when I'm in the mood.

DamonX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:37:45 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795

Quote:
I lucked out.. the girls I chose to meet were both hot, classy/upscale and fun! And it was during the time when I was 'bi-curious' and not sure how to branch out past the 'curious' stage... Now that I know what I'm doing, I find there is ample opportunity everywhere if/when I'm in the mood.



That's awesome. I had an ex that could pick up any girl she wanted. It's amazing how many girls will try bi for a night or two.
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:43:17 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,551
Location: Your dirty fantasy
DamonX wrote:

Quote:
I lucked out.. the girls I chose to meet were both hot, classy/upscale and fun! And it was during the time when I was 'bi-curious' and not sure how to branch out past the 'curious' stage... Now that I know what I'm doing, I find there is ample opportunity everywhere if/when I'm in the mood.



That's awesome. I had an ex that could pick up any girl she wanted. It's amazing how many girls will try bi for a night or two.



Most will... Its bizarre, I think only 5% of my friends have never tried it before. Some nights I get hit on by more women than men... Strange in many ways because I really swing far more to the straight side, with just a little playtime with girls thrown in for spice now and then. Some girls are really aggressive out there though! I have been randomly molested on way too many occasions now. lol

DamonX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 6:46:33 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795

Quote:
[quote]Most will... Its bizarre, I think only 5% of my friends have never tried it before. Some nights I get hit on by more women than men... Strange in many ways because I really swing far more to the straight side, with just a little playtime with girls thrown in for spice now and then. Some girls are really aggressive out there though! I have been randomly molested on way too many occasions now. lol


Haha, I know. I think my ex was one of those aggressive girls. She'd call me at 2am from the bar and be like "I just ate a girl out in the bathroom!" She always got girls that had never even tried any girl/girl stuff before too. I wish I had her skills. crybaby
Dancing_Doll
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 7:00:58 PM

Rank: Alpha Blonde
Moderator

Joined: 2/17/2010
Posts: 6,551
Location: Your dirty fantasy
DamonX wrote:

Quote:
[quote]Most will... Its bizarre, I think only 5% of my friends have never tried it before. Some nights I get hit on by more women than men... Strange in many ways because I really swing far more to the straight side, with just a little playtime with girls thrown in for spice now and then. Some girls are really aggressive out there though! I have been randomly molested on way too many occasions now. lol


Haha, I know. I think my ex was one of those aggressive girls. She'd call me at 2am from the bar and be like "I just ate a girl out in the bathroom!" She always got girls that had never even tried any girl/girl stuff before too. I wish I had her skills. crybaby



Ahhh yes... the bathroom is where all the magic happens! LMAO... Its sooo true!
So many of the trendy lounges have bathrooms the size of small bedrooms these days!

DamonX
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 7:03:51 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795
Quote:
yes... the bathroom is where all the magic happens! LMAO... Its sooo true!
So many of the trendy lounges have bathrooms the size of small bedrooms these days!
[/quote]

Most of the clubs here have a guy in the bathroom that hands out towels and give you cologne and stuff. It makes bathroom rendevouz pretty difficult. The best are the hadicap bathrooms if they have them.
nicola
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 7:04:23 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,185
Location: In the Spring Blooms., United Kingdom
I think the stigma has largely gone. I don't usually push sponsors, but adult friend finder as an example have 30 million members, plenty of fish claim they set up 18 million dates last year etc.

People don't have so much time these days for traditional dating methods, and in this modern day, why not use the internet to your advantage?

I don't have any direct experience using them, but have friends who found partners using the web. Some just did it for a bit of fun with the speed dating setups, where you meet 10 potential partners in a casual environment face to face, try and impress them in the given 3 minute time slot etc. I can't think of a worse environment to meet someone though! Give me a party any day of the week.

DirtyMartini
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 7:33:38 PM

Rank: Purveyor of Poetry & Porn

Joined: 10/19/2009
Posts: 5,833
Location: Right here on Lush Stories..., United States
People seem to do everything else online, why not meet people to date? I'm not sure the people who use online dating are any crazier than the ones walking the streets. I've known quite a few people who have used it with great success. I don't think it has the stigma it used to...
I signed up for Fling.com for a month, I think...more out of curiousity. Never went out with anyone from there, but my "Fling Friends" (like Lush Friends, only Fling) were the inspiration for a couple of my earliest stories...they have messaging and the whole bit like here...
So, if you need story ideas...sign up for Fling for a month...
Later,
Alan.
occasion5


You know you want it, you know you need it bad...get it now on Amazon.com...
Lush Erotica, an Anthology of Award Winning Sex Stories

nicola
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 7:49:34 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,185
Location: In the Spring Blooms., United Kingdom
Yes, Fling is another of the more popular ones.
Guest
Posted: Monday, April 05, 2010 8:14:29 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 659,414
nicola wrote:
I think the stigma has largely gone. I don't usually push sponsors, but adult friend finder as an example have 30 million members, plenty of fish claim they set up 18 million dates last year etc.

People don't have so much time these days for traditional dating methods, and in this modern day, why not use the internet to your advantage?

I don't have any direct experience using them, but have friends who found partners using the web. Some just did it for a bit of fun with the speed dating setups, where you meet 10 potential partners in a casual environment face to face, try and impress them in the given 3 minute time slot etc. I can't think of a worse environment to meet someone though! Give me a party any day of the week.




I know one girl I used to talk to on Yahoo and she told me she met her guy on Plenty of fish and they have been together for sometime so it is possible as I said I know several people that met someone it can work.
DamonX
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 4:35:05 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 1/25/2009
Posts: 795
nicola wrote:
I think the stigma has largely gone. I don't usually push sponsors, but adult friend finder as an example have 30 million members, plenty of fish claim they set up 18 million dates last year etc.

People don't have so much time these days for traditional dating methods, and in this modern day, why not use the internet to your advantage?

I don't have any direct experience using them, but have friends who found partners using the web. Some just did it for a bit of fun with the speed dating setups, where you meet 10 potential partners in a casual environment face to face, try and impress them in the given 3 minute time slot etc. I can't think of a worse environment to meet someone though! Give me a party any day of the week.



Yeah, many people in my city use plenty of fish. (because it's free). My friend actually met a lot of women on there. I like adultfriendfinder or alt.com for meeting people that are interested in the same things sexually.

People always say that they don't have time to date, but I'm not sure that's really an issue. (unless you're really busy). Seems the main problem (for me anyways) these days is finding a place to meet people. Once you stop going to clubs its pretty tough.
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 5:36:20 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 659,414
I know two women who met their fiancés online. I've tried plentyoffish but got annoyed with the way the website was designed and implemented. It's free so I guess you get what you pay for. I'm on lavalife now but have had no luck but that's probably my fault. I'm not very good at meeting people online or in real life.
Magical_felix
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:23:21 PM

Rank: Wild at Heart

Joined: 4/3/2010
Posts: 5,196
Location: California
Dancing_Doll wrote:
I had the scariest first experience ever...

I met a guy from online several years ago. Although I wanted it to be very casual and just a quick drink after class (I was a student at the time), he ended up bringing 3 dozen yellow roses for me when we met at the pub. I know sweet, right? But a little overwhelming for a casual beer and a first meeting!

I realized there was no chemistry and when he called the next day, I just said that I was happy to have met him, but not interested in anything serious. He seemed to take it well (at the time).

Then, he proceeded to hack into my email account, and start writing me scary, threatening emails as a fictitious persona he created for himself where he claimed he was a "nefarious criminal", had committed "war crimes", was a private investigator, an international spy, and a skilled 'tracker'.... Not even kidding. Then he proceeded to stalk me in real life and let me know what I was wearing when I walked to school on certain days and assured me that he could find me if he wanted to.

One day, he confessed who he really was and threatened to kill himself if I didn't agree to a relationship with him.

Hmmm.. sounds super-fun doesn't it?!

Anyways, to make a long story short, I have no idea what really happened to him... after 6 months of stalking, he just 'disappeared' suddenly. Whether he actually carried out his threat, I still don't know.

After this first and only experience, I stopped meeting men from online.. LOL

However... i did end up meeting two girls from online... Both were wonderful people. I ended up traveling briefly with one girl, and with the other, we became "close enough" that I even attended her wedding...

Sooo... I guess everyone's experiences can be different.

With all the popularity of the internet dating sites these days, it has to be working well for a lot people out there!


Holy shit... Thats like the worst possible way for an online relationship to turn out. Thats rough.



thepainter
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 5:52:56 AM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/23/2009
Posts: 1,353
Location: hell, Netherlands
To each his own but after having finally met fellow lushie hornybunny74 irl in Amsterdam for 9 days I can say it was awesome after having met on here and chatted since January.
I'm well aware of the risks and weird personas but once in a while if something feels so good you just go for it imo.

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 2:07:23 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,185
Location: In the Spring Blooms., United Kingdom
thepainter wrote:
To each his own but after having finally met fellow lushie hornybunny74 irl in Amsterdam for 9 days I can say it was awesome after having met on here and chatted since January.
I'm well aware of the risks and weird personas but once in a while if something feels so good you just go for it imo.


That's wonderful. I'm so glad you guys had a great time. 3601
thepainter
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 3:29:46 PM

Rank: Forum Guru

Joined: 10/23/2009
Posts: 1,353
Location: hell, Netherlands
Thanks nicola! We even shot some lush advertising pics lol. Check my profile in case you hadn't seen it yet. hello1

Insert typical super smart ass comment courtesy of thepainter here.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 4:27:34 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,185
Location: In the Spring Blooms., United Kingdom
Those are great, that's so sweet!

LadyX
Posted: Wednesday, April 07, 2010 4:32:56 PM

Rank: Artistic Tart
Moderator

Joined: 9/25/2009
Posts: 4,813
LOVE IT! lol geek
Couple_innc
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 12:26:51 PM

Rank: Rookie Scribe

Joined: 1/30/2010
Posts: 4
Location: North Carolina
My wife and I met on the net, been married 6 years now and one lovely child. We chatted for months before, and then we kept is simple at first, a simple date. After leaving the military I moved near her and starting dating. That was over 10 years ago.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:44:27 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,185
Location: In the Spring Blooms., United Kingdom
Couple_innc wrote:
My wife and I met on the net, been married 6 years now and one lovely child. We chatted for months before, and then we kept is simple at first, a simple date. After leaving the military I moved near her and starting dating. That was over 10 years ago.


Congratulations 3601
WellMadeMale
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:59:04 PM

Rank: Constant Gardener

Joined: 9/30/2009
Posts: 10,451
Location: Cakeland, United States
Online mating, err...dating, used to be a helluva lot more fun in the early days of teh internets.

I've enjoyed it off and on since late 1998 (and I thought I was late to the party, then). I have my own theory for why it was, but in my current role as a moderator, I can't really say why that is. Too divisive.

I've used AFF since it was free for men to do so. Created an account in December 1998, when their inflated numbers of 'members' were being stated at 2 million worldwide. More likely it was 200,000 active and the rest were accounts that had been created and abandoned. I started paying the yearly membership fee in the summer of 2002, and I had/have no regrets whatsoever. I met some flakes, for sure...but I also met a number of very interesting women who were not head cases.

I've not used AFF since late summer of 2007, so not really sure what's going on there, the last 2.5 years.

If you're honest with yourself and hence honest with those you're attempting to meet with, then you're going to run into about the same number of whacknuts as you will, on a series of blind dates set up for you by well-intentioned friends...or, by just cruising your favorite half dozen nightclubs. You never really know about someone, in the first few dates anyway, do you?

It's just another way to meet women (for me) who respond to my written words, and don't find me too arrogant or off-putting. I get to put what I consider my best three or four 'recent' photos online - and if you agree to meet me in person at a public venue, I will look like the guy you see in the photographs. If 'you' don't...depending on our email or chat conversations, I'll try to be a wellmademale and be polite, have a cocktail or two and then end the date.

Usually where I've agreed to meet someone on a semi-blind-date situation like that, I don't want to show my ass by stamping my feet, throwing a mini-fit or launching into tirade about some perceived 'lie' or misunderstanding. Hell, other people would see me being a jerk.

Online dating has never held a 'stigma' in my mind, but it has for some of the women I met that way.

"Don't tell my folks or my friends how we met, please."

"okay (chucking to myself) whatever"

Love@aol.com, Yahoo, Match.com, Matchmaker, Alt.Matchmaker, Alt.com -- I've used them all at various times with varying degrees of 'success' and that's being generous with the term success. I have met half a dozen women since 1999 who I'm still friendly with, although not dating/mating anymore. And I met several others who I didn't feel any chemistry with towards escalating a physical relationship, who have become friends of mine.

I think it's a good way to meet women.

I just wish I'd have started an online pay-to-play, dating service in 1999 like Nicola's done with this story website.

If ya can't beat 'em... pay someone to do it for you.
nicola
Posted: Wednesday, April 14, 2010 6:05:06 PM

Rank: Matriarch
Moderator

Joined: 12/6/2006
Posts: 26,185
Location: In the Spring Blooms., United Kingdom
WellMadeMale wrote:
I just wish I'd have started an online pay-to-play, dating service in 1999 like Nicola's done with this story website.


There is one important difference, this site is and always will be free. icon_smile
Guest
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 5:47:55 PM

Rank: Lurker

Joined: 12/1/2006
Posts: 659,414
Both of my brothers met their wives online. I used to think it sort of strange, but have since realized how much of a relationship you can build with someone online. I consider my friendships with online buddies to be every bit as real as those with people I've met face to face.
Users browsing this topic
Guest 


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.1.6 (NET v4.0) - 11/14/2007
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.