Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Coffee, Dickens, and Christmas Eve

"When everyone else has gone home for winter break, how do you spend your Christmas Eve?"

14
5 Comments 5
11.8k Views 11.8k
3.5k words 3.5k words

He’d been here for nearly two hours, and his cup had been empty for just about the same amount of time. Lucy watched him from behind the counter, wondering if he’d ever feel her gaze and look up to meet it. So far, he hadn’t. His eyes stayed focused on his book, and he’d been turning pages pretty consistently since she’d been staring. Normally, she wouldn’t just stand back and watch the patrons, but tonight was slow. Rosalia wasn’t much entertainment either. She stayed by the drive through window, glued to her phone, only putting it away if customers showed up. Managers could get away with that, apparently. And the store would be closing soon, anyway.

It was practically empty here, save for the boy and an older couple who were nursing their coffees and whispering to each other at another table. They had ordered recently, though, and probably wouldn’t stay much longer. The boy was really the only noteworthy person to focus on. Just the fact that he’d be here in the first place was unusual enough to warrant Lucy’s stares. Students didn’t typically stay in town over winter break, and this kid definitely looked like a student. He should have better things to do than reading in a Starbucks right before closing. Then again, she should have better things to do than working on Christmas Eve.

Rosalia being here made sense. She lived in town, her family was here, and she’d get home with enough time to see her kids before they went to bed. She’d have a normal Christmas. And the couple made sense, too. The whole city’s population was college students and old people who liked the small town life. They’d go home soon and celebrate tomorrow. While watching them, Lucy realized she’d probably be one of the only people in town who would be alone tomorrow.

She could have gone home if she’d wanted to. That was a big “if” though. Home was only two hours from campus, close enough to drive, but she didn’t want to be with family this year. They barely celebrated anymore, not since her dad died. That was years ago, but her mom still let the holidays come and go without acknowledging them. Lucy expected a “Merry Christmas” text tomorrow morning, but not much else. And her sister would probably spend the day with her boyfriend’s family. That’s what she’d done for Thanksgiving. No, there was no point in making that drive. No point in just sitting in her room all break. At least here, she could make some money working.

But that boy was here too, and he still hadn’t looked up at her. She couldn’t believe it was possible to be that engrossed in reading for as long as he’d been. Must be one hell of a book. His cup was empty except for melted ice and caramel syrup residue. That’s another weird thing about him… who orders frappes in winter? She wondered what his story could be. Maybe he hated his family, and that’s why he stayed behind. Maybe he lived too far to travel back. Maybe he just didn’t give a shit about the holidays, and liked being alone. The town had been uncharacteristically quiet since the students had left, and maybe he was the type to enjoy that. But if you liked being alone, why come to Starbucks on Christmas Eve? Lucy guessed that you probably wouldn’t.

Eventually, the couple left like Lucy had expected them to. No one had come through the drive through in a while, either, and Rosalia had finally put away her phone to start cleaning up. Ten minutes to go before they had to kick the boy out, and still he read, seemingly oblivious to the time.

“Help me out here, maybe?” Rosalia was busy cleaning the bar area now, and she tilted her head in the direction of the main floor.

“Yeah, sure thing,” Lucy replied as she headed over to straighten the condiment counter. Closing was always a chore, but at least it was something to focus on. She tidied up what she could, wiping down the counter and tables. Sweeping was next, but first she’d have to deal with the boy.

He was still just reading. His dark hair hung right above his eyes, eyes she couldn’t guess the color of because they were still totally focused downward to the pages. The book didn’t look that interesting from where Lucy observed it, but the boy did catch her attention. He was hunched over the pages, so intense. So interested. She never got like that while reading. Something always distracted her. And his hands held the book almost delicately. His fingers held the pages down lightly, and he turned the pages gently. He was definitely not the type to dog-ear or highlight. Definitely not a reader like Lucy.

As she approached him, she squinted at his cup. Nick. She’d made the frappe for him, but couldn’t have remembered his name without checking. And somehow, even though she was now standing right over his shoulder, he still hadn’t paused to look up.

“Hey, um... Nick?” He angled his face up to meet her, not giving any signs of being startled by her appearance. Brown. His eyes were brown. And they were soft, friendly though they’d never met before. Lucy felt her skin warm from his gaze and tried to ignore it.

“It’s time for me to leave?” His voice was flat. It was the kind of question that didn’t really require much of an answer. Lucy did anyway.

“Yeah, I’m sorry. We’re closing up for the night.”

“Nah, it’s fine. Sorry for taking up space for so long. I like background noise when I read, easier to focus.” He cracked a slight smile then, which Lucy couldn’t help but return it.

“I can tell,” she said brightly, “that book must be fascinating.” His smile widened in response, and he tilted the cover so she could read it. A Christmas Carol. How cliché.

“It’s better than you’d think,” he defended himself before she’d even had a chance to voice her opinion. “Seriously, it’s a classic for a reason.”

“But Dickens? No one reads him anymore except English Majors.” Lucy smiled as she teased him. Was she flirting? He was cute, but he was also a stranger.

“And Computer Science Majors,” he corrected. He chuckled, and then his smile subsided. “Either way, I’ll get going. Thanks for the Frappuccino.” Nick stood to leave and closed his book without checking his page. Lucy didn’t know why, but she wasn’t ready for him to leave yet.

“You’re a Computer Science Major who’s reading freaking Charles Dickens alone at a Starbucks on Christmas Eve?” She tried to keep her tone playfully incredulous, but he raised an eyebrow at her suspiciously.

“And you’re, what, a Communications Major working the closing shift at a Starbucks on Christmas Eve? I’ll take Dickens over work any day.”

“Communications?” Lucy giggled. She was in digital art, actually. But his guess took her off guard.

Nick laughed again, “Well, with the way you’re interrogating me over my choice of literature even though we’ve never actually spoken before, I figured you’d have to be pretty comfortable talking to people. Hence Communications.” She felt her face burn again. He was definitely flirting back. His eyes searched hers, scanned her face, and paused too long on her lips.

“I do art. Digital art.” The confidence in her voice surprised her, because she felt weak under his gaze. Her face was searing, and she was positive he could tell. She bit her lip subconsciously and adjusted her apron.

“Art, huh? Well, Dickens was an artist too. And A Christmas Carol is a masterpiece.” He was standing too close now. She felt hyper aware of his proximity to her, but it didn’t make her uneasy. Instead, she wanted closer.

“I’ve seen the Muppets version,” she volunteered, “It’s awesome.”

“Muppets? Your only exposure to A Christmas Carol is through the Muppets?”

“Yes? What’s wrong with that?”

“Well, I’ve never seen it, but I still think you should at least read the book that inspired it.”

“Oh my god,” Lucy exclaimed, “You haven’t seen it? Jesus, okay.” She put a hand on her hip, feigning exasperation.

“I’d see it if the opportunity ever came up, but it hasn’t. So I’m stuck with the novel.” His grin beamed sincerely now. He showed no traces of the fake annoyance Lucy exuded. He was totally fishing, but she was inclined to let him.

“Here’s your opportunity then. I have to finish closing but then I’m off, and I own the movie on iTunes. Come watch it with me.”

She didn’t know why she’d invited him over, but figured it was due to a combination of factors. The first being that the Muppets movie was truly a classic; it was funny and heartwarming in a way Nick’s dusty book probably wasn’t. Second, it felt wrong to be alone tonight, even if she hadn’t wanted to be with family. But the third reason was more honest, more undeniable. She was attracted to him. Attracted to the warmth behind his eyes as he looked at her, to his broad smile, and to his sincere way of poking fun at her even though they were strangers. He was interesting and friendly.

Lucy hadn’t ever gotten herself into a situation like this, and wouldn’t normally let something as basic as physical attraction drive her behavior, but she actually liked this boy so far. And she liked the idea of not having to spend the holiday by herself.

He must have liked the idea of having someone to be around, too, because he didn’t seem at all taken aback by her offer.

“Sure, I walked here anyway. I’ll wait for you outside?” She agreed, smiling at him excitedly before heading back to her tasks.

 

* * * *

 

The drive to Lucy’s apartment felt quick, but the two covered a lot of conversational ground on the way there.

MizukiMiko
Online Now!
Lush Cams
MizukiMiko

She found out he was still in town because he lived too far from home and couldn’t afford the airfare back. That made sense. Then they talked about the classes they’d take for the spring semester. The conversation flowed naturally, peppered by Lucy’s teasing. She felt comfortable with him, and amazingly even felt okay knowing she’d be alone with this practical stranger in her apartment. Yes, they were in college, but Lucy had never really subscribed to the one-night-stand mentality. Still, the ease with which they talked reassured her.

Once in her apartment, she started the movie as promised, and they settled in next to each other on the couch. She’d seen the movie so many times that she didn’t really have to pay attention to it to know what was happening. Instead, she focused on Nick without moving her eyes from the TV. He really was attractive. And focused. His eyes rarely left the screen either. But every time he shifted in his seat, Lucy was aware of it. God, she wanted to be closer. Surely he knew that she was attracted to him. He was definitely aware of the fact that they were alone. And he’d been flirting with her back at Starbucks and on the way here. But now, he was being such a gentleman, and it almost annoyed her. He really was watching the movie.

Lucy gradually shifted her body closer to him so that their thighs were touching, and his focused demeanor cracked. She heard his breath catch, almost imperceptibly had she not been listening for it. A couple minutes later, she moved closer so that their arms were resting against each other. Finally, he turned his face towards her. His brown eyes were intense, just as they’d been earlier when he was reading. They pierced hers and she felt her heart jump in her chest. She bit her lip instinctively, but didn’t look away. His eyes flicked downward momentarily, to her lips, to her neck, then back up to her eyes. Her skin burned wherever he looked, but she stared confidently back. His lips were beautiful. And more than anything right now, she wanted to feel them against her own.

“I know you love this movie,” he whispered, “and we’re supposed to be paying attention to it… but can I kiss you right now?”

Lucy nodded, and then his mouth was on hers. They kissed slowly at first, almost carefully. He was so gentle as he raised his hand to her face. So gentle as he stroked her cheek with his thumb. A moan escaped her lips, and he echoed it. She was breathless, at a loss for words. He was basically a stranger, but kissing him didn’t feel weird. She felt more comfortable now than she could ever remember feeling with other guys, even the ones she’d dated. The way he kissed her like he was afraid of hurting her made her feel secure.

She didn’t care about playing it safe though. She leaned in closer to him, pushing him so he was lying down on the couch. Without breaking their kisses, she straddled him and brushed her hair to one side. She needed to not be alone tonight, and she translated that need in the way she kissed him, deeper now than before. She pressed her lips harder against his, eliciting another moan. His hands were at her lower back, holding the exposed skin where her shirt raised up. Hers were in his hair, tugging at it as a means of pulling him closer.

They kissed like this for a while, moaning and touching and tasting each other until she realized how hard he was. She felt him press against her, and a wave of lust washed over her. Once she noticed it, she couldn’t ignore it. She needed him. Her breath was ragged as she moved her lips over his jawline, planting kisses on his neck and his collarbone. His fingers dug into the skin on her back and he groaned.

“I’m okay with not stopping if you are,” she whispered.

“I’m more than okay with where this is going,” he replied. He tilted his chin up so she could have better access to his neck and slid his hands lower to grab her ass. She continued kissing his neck, biting teasingly as she did. His dick was firmly pressed against her where she straddled him, and feeling him like that made her unbelievably wet. In one easy motion, she sat up and slipped her shirt over her head.

“Take yours off too,” she demanded, tossing her own to the floor. He obliged, and then pulled her back down to him. They kissed desperately, as if they could erase their feelings of loneliness by doing so. He reached a hand up and deftly undid her bra, and she removed it the rest of the way and threw it to the side. Her breasts were full and youthful, and she’d always been secretly proud of their appearance. Nick’s hands were on them instantly, massaging them and toying with her nipples. His cock pulsed under her and she felt it through her jeans. Why were her jeans still on?

She finally broke their string of kisses and climbed off his lap. She unbuttoned her jeans hurriedly, sliding them and her panties down and off her legs in a series of quick motions. He undid his own jeans and pulled them off, too, staring at her the entire time. Once all of their clothes were on the floor, she returned to her place on top of him. She sighed contentedly at the feel of his naked skin against hers. His cock rose to attention, pressing against her dripping lips.

Lucy leaned down to continue kissing him while his hands found their way down her back and to her bare ass. He grabbed her skin and dug his nails into her. He wanted her, she could tell by how he touched her… by the ferocity behind his eyes. And even though it was crazy, she wanted him too. She reached down between her legs and found his shaft, completely erect and waiting for her. His eyes searched hers, an unspoken question in them. Are you ready?

She was.

She angled his cock towards her with her hand, and then slowly lowered herself onto it. She moaned as his head entered her, then as the rest of his length disappeared inside her. He was thick, the thickest she’d ever had, and she could feel herself stretching to accommodate his girth. It felt good, that feeling of fullness. He closed his eyes as she took every inch of him for the first time.

She let herself enjoy the sensation for a few seconds before raising herself up again. When almost all of his length was out, she slid back down. She rode him rhythmically, with each downward motion punctuated by a surprised gasp from her. He bucked his hips up to meet her each time, forcing himself deeper inside her. It felt incredible. It had been too long, months even, since she’d been fucked. She braced her hands on his chest and threw her head back, smiling as she rode him.

“God, you’re wet,” Nick groaned. He slammed his cock into her harder and she yelped. Then again. And again. He forced his entire shaft in so deeply that with each thrust, she screamed out in a delirious mix of pain and pleasure. She needed this. She needed to be near someone. She needed him. She shut her eyes and let herself relish how great it felt to have his cock pound into her.

They fucked faster now, and she collapsed onto him, burying her face in the curve of his neck, kissing him and moaning against his skin. She tangled her fingers into his hair and he wrapped his arms around her, holding her as their bodies collided.

“Oh, yeah, fuck me,” she moaned, “please fuck me.” She pulled at his hair and pushed her body down hard onto him. Nick rammed his cock into her fast and hard, as deep as it could go before pulling it all the way out and slamming it back inside her again. In and out. In and out. They fucked until she felt her orgasm building, until her muscles contracted around him and the sensation consumed her.

“Don’t stop,” she begged, “don’t stop.” She bit down on his shoulder and he continued shoving himself into her. Her orgasm peaked and crashed through her, and she dissolved into it. She couldn’t think. She couldn’t move. All she knew was the feeling of his strong arms holding her close, and of his cock steadily pushing her further over the edge. She came hard, overwhelmed by Nick’s constant thrusts. Her pussy tightened around his cock over and over until the orgasm subsided, but still, he kept plunging inside of her.

With one final motion, he pushed his entire dick into her, releasing his load. His cock twitched as he came. She moaned into his neck and slowly rode him until he was finished. It was incredible. She loved having him inside of her, and she loved being filled by his cum.

After he’d finished, she rested her head on his shoulder and stared up at him happily. He stroked up and down her spine absentmindedly with one hand and wrapped the other around her waist. The movie had long since finished, and the room was silent except for their breathing. She closed her eyes and smiled, happy to be here, enveloped in the arms of an attractive, gentle boy who was no longer really a stranger. He touched her softly and she sighed, content to lay with him for the rest of the night. After some time, he broke the silence.

“You know, I really was liking the movie. It was following the book pretty closely. Shame that I missed so much of it.”

“Yeah, it is,” she laughed, “We can put it back on if you want.”

“Or we can just stay here like this and watch it tomorrow?” he propositioned.

“Haha, or that. Believe it or not, I do actually have a bed. You’re welcome to share it with me.”

“Nothing would make me happier! I’m as merry as a schoolboy. As giddy as a drunken man!” Nick smiled widely and looked down at Lucy’s face. She had an eyebrow cocked in amused confusion.

“What are you talking about?” Her voice brimmed with laughter that threatened to bubble over.

“Just read the book, will you?”

Published 
Written by umbreon
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments