Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Courtesan Ch. 02

"Timmy believes that his worst fear has been realized"

38
12 Comments 12
13.7k Views 13.7k
4.4k words 4.4k words
Standing huddled in the doorway to Smithson's Jewelry Store trying to weather the bitterly cold north wind was difficult enough. Reliving the memory of that awful night when I finally reached the inescapable conclusion that Kelly had fallen in love with another man made it even more unbearable.

I remembered crying for over an hour. When I finally stopped crying I was still heartsick, but I was able to pull myself back together. The emotional outburst had released tension and anguish that had been building up inside of me for the past several months. I could focus again.

I forced myself to try to approach the problem analytically. I had a theory that my wife may have fallen in love with another man, but that was all it was, a theory. Before I dared to confront Kelly I needed proof. I also realized that there could be other explanations. It was possible that Kelly was ill, or the pressure of her job had caused her to have a mental breakdown. I decided to wait and watch. If my wife had actually fallen in love with another man, there would additional be signs.

The next morning Kelly's mood had not improved.

When she walked into the kitchen I was making French Toast. I greeted her with a warm smile and said, "Good morning Kelly, I made your favorite breakfast."

She glared at me while she silently poured herself a cup of coffee and then she sat down at the kitchen table. When I offered her a slice of French toast she waved it away and blandly said, "I'm not hungry."

I sat down at the table and watched her sip her coffee. After a moment I said, "Kelly, you're not yourself. I think you should consider seeing a doctor."

She looked up at me. There was pure venom in her eyes. In an icy voice she said, "Timmy, I am going to repeat what I told you last night. I work very hard at my job. It's taking all of my energy right now. I would appreciate it if you would stop harping at me every time I come home." Scowling, Kelly stood up, turned her back to me and stormed out of the kitchen.

I followed her. "Kelly, I'm starting to wonder if you're having an affair with another man."

My wife stopped. For a moment she stood perfectly still and then she turned and quietly whispered. "No Timmy, I am not having an affair."

"Do you still love me?"

She nodded. "Yes, I do."

Kelly and I stared at each other. After a moment she sighed and retreated to the bedroom. She quickly returned carrying her overnight bag. "Timmy, I have to go to Las Vegas for a day. I'll be back tomorrow night." She walked over and gave me kiss on the cheek. It wasn't the kind of kiss a wife would give to her husband before she left for an overnight trip to another city. It was more like a kiss a mother would give to her son as she was leaving for work.

I watched Kelly walk out the door. After she was gone I silently mouthed the words, "I love you."

Kelly returned home from her trip to Las Vegas at about 6:00 pm the next day. When she walked into the house I was in the kitchen making fettuccine carbonara for dinner. I smiled at her and said, "Hello Kelly."

She walked straight into the bedroom without acknowledging my greeting.

For a moment I stood perfectly still. I wasn't sure what I should do. Deciding I had to try to talk to her again, I followed her to the bedroom. Kelly was in the bathroom. Her overnight bag was on the bed. It was open. There was a black lace baby doll nightie, a pair of black nylon stockings and a black lace garter belt in the bag. Underneath the lingerie I could see a black cocktail dress. I took it out of the bag and held it up. It was short, very short, almost indecently short and shockingly low cut. It was obvious that the dress would just barely conceal my wife's large breasts.

"I see that now you've even stooped to searching my luggage." Kelly walked over, took the dress out of my hands, put it back in her overnight bag and closed it.

I stared at my wife. "That's not exactly your traditional business outfit. Kelly, I think you owe me an explanation."

Kelly stared back at me. I waited. Kelly didn't answer. Finally I said, "Kelly, you know that I've always been willing to let you date other men. If that's what you're doing, please just tell me."

Kelly looked at the floor. She didn't say a word.

After a moment I said, "Kelly, I'm worried that you're having an affair. I'm afraid that you've fallen in love with another man."

"I am not having an affair and I am not in love with another man." Kelly took a deep breath. "Timmy yesterday you pointed out that we never have sex anymore and you found it necessary to remind me that I used to love sex. Well you needn't have bothered. I'm well aware of how much I miss sex. I'm sorry that my job saps all of my energy and if you must know, these clothes are my one refuge. When I'm alone in my hotel room after working all day I enjoy putting on some lingerie that makes me feel sexy and I masturbate. Yes, Timmy, you heard me correctly. I masturbate when I'm alone and I'll bet you do too. There, are you satisfied? Have you humiliated me enough this evening or is there something else you want to cross examine me about? If there isn't, then I'm tired and I want to be alone."

Kelly turned, fled into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

I stared at the bathroom door for a moment and then I turned, walked out to the living room and sat down on the couch. Kelly's explanation was ridiculous. I believed that she might masturbate when she was alone at night in her hotel room, but I didn't believe that she put on sexy lingerie and a slinky black dress when she did it. I was now even more convinced that my wife was having an affair, but I still wasn't a hundred per cent certain.

As I sat on the couch I realized that this situation was destroying both of us. I had to find a way to resolve it. While I realized that I would be devastated if I actually found out that my wife was in love with another man, I still had to know. Our life was falling apart. We couldn't keep living like this.

Kelly was asleep by the time I came to bed. I slept fitfully and got up well before her. She slept in. She often did that after returning home from a business trip. It was ten o'clock when she finally walked into the kitchen.

I smiled at her. "Would you like some breakfast?"

Kelly looked at the clock on the wall. "No thank you Timmy, it's late. I have to get into the office."

I quietly said, "Very well."

As Kelly picked up her purse she said, "I'm sorry but I have a late meeting tonight. I probably won't be home until well after midnight."

I looked at my wife. "Kelly please don't go out tonight. Come home, we need to talk. I promise you that I won't be upset if you tell me you're having a casual affair with a man." I paused for a moment and then I whispered, "And if you're in love with him, well we need to talk about that too."

Kelly shook her head. "Timmy how many times do I have to say this? I am not having an affair. I'm working." She sighed. "What do you want from me?"

"I want it to be like it used to be. I want to love you and I want you to love me."

"Timmy please believe me, I do love you."

"Then come home tonight."

"Timmy I can't. I have to work."

Kelly turned. As she walked out the door she said, "Don't wait up, I'm going to be home late."

I stomped my feet and blew on my hands. It seemed to be getting colder. The doorway to Smithson's Jewelery store wasn't providing me with much shelter. I glanced at my watch. It was 8:30. I'd been waiting for over an hour.

The confrontation that I just described had taken place that morning. I'd spent the entire day considering possible courses of action. I finally decided that my only choice was to follow my wife so I could find out what she was actually doing while she was out at night.

I was beginning to believe that Kelly really was going to spend the evening in her office when I saw the door to the Whetmore Building open. Someone was coming out. I watched carefully. It was a woman. It was Kelly.

She walked into the parking ramp next door. I ran to my car, started the engine and waited.

Several minutes passed. Finally Kelly's Mercedes S 550 pulled out of the parking ramp and turned north. I waited for her to get about a block ahead of me and then I pulled my Ford Focus away from the curb and followed her.

My wife brought the luxury sedan home about four months earlier. I was shocked when I saw it and asked her how we could possibly afford such an expensive car. Kelly just shrugged and told me that her boss, Martin Jackson, had been so pleased with her hard work and effort on a recent project that he'd bought it for her as a token of his appreciation.

At the time, I was still driving an old Toyota Corolla with over 200, 000 miles on it. The next day Kelly had a new Ford Focus delivered to the house. When she got home that night I asked her about the new car. She kissed my cheek and told me that I was such a good helpmate for her that when she got a reward I deserved to get one too.

Kelly made a left turn onto Fourth Avenue. The Calvert Hotel was in the middle of the block. She pulled up to the front entrance and parked. The valet opened her door. Kelly handed him the keys to her Mercedes and went straight into the hotel.

I parked my Ford on the street and followed her. As soon as I entered the lobby I looked around. Kelly was waiting for the elevator. I hurried into the cocktail lounge and found a seat at the bar that provided me with an unobstructed view of the elevator doors.

When the elevator doors opened Kelly got in. As soon as the doors were closed I raced over and watched to see where the elevator stopped. It was the seventeenth floor. I pressed the up button. The elevator came straight back down. My wife had been the only passenger.

I got into the elevator and pressed the button for the seventeenth floor. My heart was racing. I took several deep breaths to try to calm myself. As soon as the elevator stopped and the doors opened I cautiously stepped out. I looked up and down the hallway. It was vacant. There was no sign of my wife.

The Calvert is a relatively small hotel. There are only about a dozen rooms on each of its nineteen floors. Most of them are luxury suites. As I started walking down the hallway I realized that even with the small number of rooms I still had no way of knowing which one my wife had gone into.

Suddenly I heard the elevator door open. There was an opening about ten feet ahead of me. I ducked into it. I found myself in the room that housed the ice, candy and soft drink machines. I stood in front of the candy machine pretending to be making a selection.

A bellman passed by in the hallway. He was carrying a tray with a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket and two glasses.

I heard him knock on a door.

I peeked around the corner. The bellman was standing in front of the room that was across the hall and two doors down from me.

The door opened. The bellman said, "Good evening, Melody, how are you tonight?"

"I'm fine, Mark, how are you?" It was Kelly's voice.

"I'm good. Thank you for asking. Shall I set the champagne in the usual place?"

"Yes, that will be fine."

"Has Mr. Baldwin arrived?"

"Yes, Mark, he's here. He's in the powder room right now."

There was a moment of silence and then I heard a pop. I assumed that the bellman had just opened the champagne.

"Thank you, Mark. Please put this on Mr. Baldwin's bill."

"Of course, have a pleasant evening." There was a pause and then the bellman said, "Thank you, Melody, you're always very generous."

Kelly answered, "You're welcome, Mark.

NahomiCarterr
Online Now!
Lush Cams
NahomiCarterr

You always take excellent care of us. Mr. Baldwin and I appreciate your effort."

The door closed. I ducked behind the ice machine. Fortunately the bellman walked by without glancing into the room where I was hiding. I waited until I heard the sound of the elevator doors closing and then I stepped out into the hallway and carefully tiptoed down to the room occupied by my wife and Mr. Baldwin. It was room 1712.

I listened at the door. I could just make out a man's voice. "Melody, you are gorgeous. Take off your blouse, do it slowly. I've been waiting for this all day."

There was silence then I heard the rustle of clothing.

"They're so beautiful. I just love looking at them."

"Roger, why don't you let me take off your pants. You can play with my big tits while I suck your cock." It was Kelly's voice, there wasn't any question about that.

I turned and slowly walked down the hallway. There wasn't any more doubt. I was now one hundred percent certain. My wife was having an affair and her lover's name was Roger Baldwin. I also now knew that this wasn't just a casual fling. It was clear that Kelly and Roger Baldwin were regular guests at the Calvert Hotel. Even worse, Kelly's lover had a pet name for her, a pet name that even the bellman knew.

I also knew the name and understanding its significance tore me apart. When Kelly was a senior at Kelroy she wrote a story about a little girl whose parents were getting a divorce. The little girl coped with the stress in her life by taking refuge in a fantasy world. Her guardian in that fantasy world was a beautiful, but very naughty, fairy who protected the little girl while the two of them enjoyed a series of wonderful adventures. The fairy's name was Melody. If Roger Baldwin knew about Melody, he and Kelly had to be very close.

Overwhelmed with sadness, I stepped into the elevator. I'd lost the love of my life. As the elevator doors closed I realized that I was also angry. That caused me to pause and think. I wasn't angry with Kelly because she was being unfaithful. I'd long ago learned that she viewed love and sex as two completely separate entities. I wasn't even angry because she'd fallen in love with someone else. That hurt, it hurt me deeply, but love is something that just happens, it's not something that we can control. I couldn't be angry with Kelly because she'd met someone new and was now in love with him. That happens to people. It was painful, but I had to cope with it. It was a reality of life.

As the elevator descended to the first floor I realized that I was angry at Kelly because she'd lied to me. I remembered the afternoon that I asked her about her reputation at Kelroy. She'd told me that she didn't want to lie to me, in fact Kelly promised that she would never lie to me. Now it was clear that she had been lying for quite some time. As I stepped off the elevator I was trying to figure out why she'd changed.

I decided that I needed to give Kelly one more chance. I walked into the cocktail lounge and sat down at the bar. When the bartender came over I ordered a bottle of Heineken. As soon as he was gone I took out my cell phone and dialed Kelly's cell number.

Her phone started to ring. I was actually surprised that she still had it turned on. I waited. She answered it on the fifth ring. "Hello?"

"Kelly, it's me."

"Timmy? Why are you calling me? Is something wrong?"

"Kelly I want to apologize for the way I've been acting lately. I'm sorry that I haven't trusted you. I was being foolish. I know that you would never lie to me."

There was a moment of silence and then Kelly said, "It's okay, baby, I forgive you. Both of us have been under a lot of pressure lately."

"Are you in your office right now?"

"Yes I am, why?"

"I was thinking about making some chocolate chip cookies. I thought you and the rest of the people in your office who have to work late tonight might enjoy them."

There was a brief pause and then Kelly answered, "Timmy, thank you, but the door to the Whetmore Building is locked. If I go down to the lobby to wait for you it will be that much longer before I get to come home. Maybe you could bring us some cookies on another night." After another pause Kelly said, "I'm sorry, Timmy, I have to go. I'm in the middle of a meeting with several of our corporate analysts and they're all waiting for me. I'll be home later. Baby, don't wait up. I'll see you in the morning. Good night, Timmy. I love you."

I said, "Kelly, I love you too." She didn't hear that. Kelly had already turned off her cell phone.

I paid for my beer, left the bar and walked out to my car. I was sick. The woman I loved and trusted had just told me a mammoth lie.

When I got home I sat down in the living room and waited for my wife. It was just after 1:00 AM when I heard the garage door open. The headlights of Kelly's Mercedes lit up the living room curtains as she pulled into the driveway and then the lights disappeared when she drove into the garage.

I listened. The garage door closed and then the side door opened. I heard the click of Kelly's high heels on the linoleum floor. She turned on the kitchen light. After a moment she walked into the dining room and turned on that light. I could see her, but the living room was still dark. She didn't know that I was watching her.

Kelly set her purse down on the dining room table and casually thumbed through the stack of mail that was next to it. She sighed and then she turned. As she walked into the living room she gasped when suddenly saw me sitting on the couch. She was clearly startled. She didn't expect me to be up.

Quickly gathering her wits, Kelly asked, "Timmy, why are you sitting in the dark?"

"I was waiting for you to come home."

"That was thoughtful, but sweetheart you shouldn't have done it. I told you I was going to be late."

I nodded. "Yes you did."

Kelly smiled at me. "Baby, offering to bring me chocolate chip cookies tonight was sweet. I told everyone and they're all hoping that some other night we really can do that."

"Everyone?"

"Oh yes, they all thought it was a nice gesture."

"Even Roger Baldwin?"

Kelly stopped. For a moment she stood perfectly still. Finally she looked at me and asked, "Who?"

"Roger Baldwin, Kelly, you know who he is. He's the man you met tonight in room 1712 of the Calvert Hotel. From the discussion you had with Mark the bellman I gather that the two of you are regular visitors at the Calvert."

Shaking her head, Kelly said, "No Timmy you have it all wrong. Mr. Baldwin is a potential investor. He's staying at the Calvert. I brought him some papers that he needed to sign."

"And I assume that you commemorated the signing with the champagne that Mark the bellman brought to his room."

Kelly smiled. "Timmy honey, Roger put in a hard day. He ordered the champagne for himself. I didn't drink any of it. I was working. As soon as he signed the papers I left and went right back to the office. You know I was there, you called me."

"No when I called your cell phone I was calling you from the cocktail lounge at the Calvert. You were still upstairs. Kelly you lied to me and you're still lying to me. I don't care that you let another man fuck you tonight, but I do care that you're lying to me about it. Kelly when we first started dating you promised me that you would never lie to me. What happened to that promise?"

Kelly sighed. "All right I did tell you a little white lie tonight, but honey you've been so suspicious lately. I didn't want to have to explain why I was at the Calvert. Roger didn't fuck me tonight. I really was getting his signature on some papers."

"So why did he say to you, Kelly take off your blouse and do it slowly. I've been waiting all day for this. I'm also quite certain that I heard him say, They're so beautiful. I just love looking at them. I assume you were showing him your breasts at that moment." I shook my head. "Kelly, I don't think exposing your breasts is a normal part of a business meeting."

Kelly held her hand up. "Okay, Roger did make a pass at me. Timmy I'm a blond with big boobs. That's something I have to deal with all the time. Men are constantly making passes at me." She laughed. "If they ever stop I'll get worried."

"So you were fending him off, is that what you're telling me?"

"Yes, of course I was fending him off."

"If that's true, why did you tell him to take off his pants so he could play with your big tits while you sucked his cock?"

Kelly gasped and then she whispered, "You heard me say that?"

Slowly nodding, I answered, "Yes I did. I was standing right outside the door."

My wife stared at me. As she stared her expression hardened. Suddenly she yelled, "You pathetic little wimp, you were spying on me."

I smiled. "Yes I was and it now appears that it was a good thing that I was spying because you seem to have turned into a chronic liar."

Kelly's face was filled with rage. "I don't have to take this. I work hard and make a very good living for us. I'm sick and tired of all your whining and grousing. I'm going to bed. I'm done with this conversation and I never want to hear another word about it."

My wife stormed into the bedroom and slammed the door behind her.

This time I followed her. When she saw me open the door she screamed "Get out, you can sleep on the couch. I don't want to see your sorry face anymore tonight."

Ignoring her I walked over to my closet, picked up my overnight bag and started filling it with clothing.

Kelly watched me. After a moment she asked, "Timmy what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving you Kelly. I don't mind that you're sleeping with another man, but I'm sick and tired of the all the lying. I'm also fed up with the the way you've been treating me for the past year."

Kelly's face filled with an expression of absolute horror. "Timmy, no! You can't mean that. I love you. That man tonight means nothing to me. I don't even know his real name. Please let me explain."

I shook my head. "No, Kelly, I've spent the last six months trying to get you to explain. I'm tired of your lies. I'm done."

"Please, Timmy, you have to let me explain. This time I promise to tell the truth."

"It's too late, Kelly. Maybe Roger Baldwin will marry you, but I doubt he'll put up with your lying either."

"Timmy, you have it all wrong. Roger Baldwin is not a real person. He doesn't exist."

I shook my head. "Kelly, shame on you. I heard him talking. He even calls you Melody. The two of you must be very close if you told him about that story."

"Timmy, he doesn't know about that story. It's just a name I use. Please believe me."

"But Roger Baldwin does exist."

"No he doesn't exist."

"Kelly, stop lying. It's not helping you."

"Timmy, I'm not lying. I swear that I'm not."

Shaking my head, I asked, "Oh Kelly, what happened to you?" and then I closed my overnight bag.

As I left the bedroom, Kelly wailed. "Timmy please don't leave me. I can't bear the thought of going through life without you."

Forcing myself to ignore her, I walked quickly to the garage, got into my car and sped away from our house. My heart was broken. I still loved Kelly. While I knew that I would always love her, I also understood that if I stayed her lies would tear me apart.

I pulled into a deserted shopping center parking lot where I cried for over an hour. When I finally stopped crying I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. It was difficult. The prospect of living the rest of my life without Kelly was devastating.

Published 
Written by goodhusband
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments