Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Author's Notes

"This is a serial story. The first is titled "Eve at the Foshay". The second entry is "Eve Walks and Talks in the Garden" The third entry is "Eve Explains, Listens, and Leaves the Garden""

She watched him in the mirror behind the bar. He'd been looking at her for the past ten minutes. Dark suit, light shirt, cuff links, and handsome. Just like hundreds of men before him. When he stood and began to walk towards her, she knew he was going to hit on her. She wasn't here at the Prohibition Bar at the Foshay Hotel to be picked up. She just wanted a quiet drink to herself, time to think, and a roomful of noise around her. And this guy was about to spoil it.

He was two steps away when she whirled in her chair and stood to confront him. She pointed her finger in his face and a stern look shot from her eyes.

"I don't know who you are or what pick-up line you think will amuse me but don't, just don't. I've had enough pick-up lines to last a lifetime."

She kept her finger in his face as a confused look crossed over him. His confidence evaporated; he focused his eyes on the french tip of the blood-red nail that was inches from his nose.

"I already know you're going to tell me I'm beautiful. Men, mostly boys really, have been telling me that since I was twelve. I already know I'm beautiful and I already know the effect I'm having on your biology. If you want a shot with me, buddy, you better come up with a comment or a question that tells me you get me. You got that? You've got exactly fifteen seconds to impress me with your insight about who I am or what I want or I'm walking away with my Tanqueray and everyone in this bar will know you blew it. Your time starts now. This finger stays in your face. If you can't think while a woman has her finger in your face, then you're not man enough to be with me."

1LadyRita
Online Now!
Lush Cams
1LadyRita

John Bull swallowed. A hush came over the bar.

He willed himself into control. He focused his senses. Perfume, pleasant. Dress, tasteful. Voice lessons, probably. Elegant movement. Eyes, chocolate. Hair, short and dark. Confident. Professional. Tired of men's crap. Wants to be seen as a whole person. Her mind is her asset. Her heart needs a friend. Her body is a benefit.

"Five seconds, Romeo, or this woman's walking out of this bar and out of your life."

John swallowed again before he spoke. Then he purred.

"Madam, I'm Adam. Take a walk in the Garden with me. I'm the first man who knows you want a friend first and a lover second. Bring your Tanqueray. It's better than an Apple-tini if you choose to sin."

She searched his face for a sign of dishonesty. Not finding one, she curled her French-tipped finger and beckoned him to come closer. Putting one arm through his, she picked up her drink.

The hush in the bar continued as John Bull walked her to the door.

"Is your name really Adam?"

"No, it's John. But the line would not have worked with John, would it?"

Eve smiled."No, it wouldn't, but I think you get me. Where's the Garden? I could use a friend."

 

Published 
Written by Trystin715
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments