Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Annie And I - Chapter 8 (final)

6
2 Comments 2
3.0k Views 3.0k
1.1k words 1.1k words

Frank and I insisted that the girls slow down. Their pregnancy announcements had stunned us both, especially Frank because he was forty-six and Nancy thirty-five.

Annie suggested that Julie could be asked to join the team. She was working as a hairdressing apprentice for about four pounds a week and wasn't enjoying it in the slightest.

At home that night, Annie rang her and asked her to come round. She was overjoyed at the job switch and jumped at the chance to double her wages. When Annie followed up by telling her she was expecting a baby, Julie burst into tears.

Frank and Nancy had, of course, previously met Julie and they got on well. One of her duties at the hairdressers was answering the phone and she had a pleasant phone manner.

I was becoming more and more involved in the day-to-day running of the boat company and crane hire was booming too.

One morning, Frank said, ”We need a base, young David, a yard where we can keep the crane and service it.”

“Well, if you recall, we do own a bit of land opposite me."

"Yes — but ‘Four Square’ own that, not the boat company.”

I thought about that for a moment. "Why don't you sell the crane to ‘Four Square’ and set up a division, call it ‘Four Square plant hire’?"

"How much money have you got?" Frank asked.

"I'm not sure, but Annie will know. Why?”

"We should buy another crane, a fork lift truck or two."

“Drivers, too?" I asked but he shook his head.

“No, just the machines."

Annie informed us we had about eight thousand pounds, so I gave Frank a cheque for three to buy half of the existing crane and set about looking for another at the right price.

Nancy walked into the office and showed a letter to Frank. He passed it to me without comment. It was from a multi-national house building contractor with an offer of one million pounds for the cottage and land.

"A million pounds," Annie yelled as she read it. "We're rich."

“We'll get two if we hold out,” Frank said. He tasked Nancy with replying. "Not a refusal darling, more of a deferment. They’ll come back if they're really interested."

They were interested — in fact, very interested. Two days later, a couple of their top executives arrived to meet the directors of ‘Four Square’. It's fair to say that they were a bit surprised that Annie and I were so young.

"We think you'll find that a million is a very fair price for the land,” was their opening gambit. 

"It seems fair enough," Frank admitted, "but David here has something else in mind."

"We've done a little research," I said, "and the only access to that plot of land is the entrance by the cottage. The reason the land hasn't already been snapped up, is that to open more access roads would be too dangerous, given they would be within just a few feet of a corner which happens to be on a main trunk road. Two applications have already been turned down for that reason. So, we will sell the land for a million." 

I paused to let those facts sink in, and then added, "But for the cottage and its access, we want another million. If you choose to buy the land without the cottage and access, we will build a toll gate and charge for access, including pedestrians."

Their mouths dropped open as I continued, outlining possible charges varying from daily rates of ten pounds for pedestrians and forty pounds for wagons.

The older of the two prospective buyers produced a mirthless grin.

BriseisMonn
Online Now!
Lush Cams
BriseisMonn

"I see why you're a director."

We not only got our two million but, thanks to some tough bargaining from Frank, we kept the cottage but not the access.

We watched as they drove away and only then did we cheer. We laughed, cried, hugged and kissed each other and then agreed with Annie, ”We're rich!"

Over the next six months, the boat business boomed beyond anything we'd imagined. We bought two Marinas and ten boats, the Shardlow marina became the headquarters for ‘Four Square plant hire’ and Julie relocated there to run the bookings. Annie and Nancy were by then too big to fit behind their desks.

Frank sold me half of the business for half-a-million pounds. Annie and I, as directors of three companies, were probably the most successful teenagers in Britain — and the richest.

We bought a big, old detached house in half an acre of land. Annie learned to drive, we bought her a car, and even took Julie through her test and bought her one too. She was earning twenty pounds a week.

Annie and Nancy went into labour on the same day and gave birth to beautiful girls who ruled our lives from that moment on. Newspapers besieged us with offers of money for photographs and interviews, all of which we refused.

On the day I brought Annie home from the hospital, a rather dowdy youth took a picture of us swinging into the driveway. It was raining and he looked thoroughly soaked and miserable.

I stopped the car. "Who do you work for?"

“No-one, sir. I'm just starting out as a freelance hoping to sell a picture. I only left school two weeks ago."

I looked at Annie in the back of the car with our daughter and raised my eyebrows. She smiled and nodded.

"Get in,” I said. 

He hesitated. "Why?"

"Because I'm going to make you rich. And don't call me sir."

Not only did he get as many photographs of Annie and I that he could possibly sell, he also got a world exclusive picture of our daughter, Victoria. We allowed him to interview us and we answered with complete honesty.

I even told him about driving the crane from Southampton when I was sixteen.

He could hardly believe his luck. We gave him tea and Frank arrived with Nancy and their baby. I told Frank about the boy and he agreed to do the same, allowing photographs and an interview.

They were calling their daughter Annette, after Annie. I thought that was lovely and we put the babies together for a photograph.

"Why me?" asked the lad. "Every newspaper and magazine in the country wants what you've just given me."

"Because that man over there," I pointed to Frank, "gave me a chance when I was only a little bit older than you are now. I'm giving you the same chance."

"I don't know what to say,” he said awkwardly.

I winked at Frank and said with a grin, "Say nowt lad, except thank you. It’s always best, say nowt.”

***

Authors note - I owe JWren a big thank you for his assistance with editing this story

 

Published 
Written by davedax97
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments