Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Annie and I, the early days, chapter 7

"So am I"

5
1 Comment 1
2.5k Views 2.5k
2.0k words 2.0k words

The first two boats were being delivered to Shardlow and I was up early and on site when the trucks pulled in.

I flagged down the first truck and told him where to go, but he seemed reluctant to obey my instruction.

“Reckon I'll wait for the gaffer," he said moodily, so I went to the second driver and repeated what I'd told the first trucker.

"Why isn't he going first?"

“Oh, I think he wants a rest."

“Okay, mate,” he said and drove around the first truck. By the time he'd unchained the boat, I'd got the crane going and brought it up between the truck and the water.

I dropped the legs, chocked them in position, checked the spirit level in the cab and, fifteen minutes later, the driver was pulling out with a big grin on his face, probably due to the ten pound note I'd given him.

“Oi, kid,” the first driver shouted, “when’s the gaffer coming?"

“You’re talking to him,” Frank said, coming from behind the truck. He'd been watching since they’d pulled in.

"What, a fucking kid?" He looked amazed, and when I strolled up and asked Frank if he fancied a cup of tea in the cafe, his face fell even further.

"What about my load?"

Frank laughed. "That fucking kid, as you put it, is about thirty years younger than you, mate, but about forty years ahead in maturity. Now, you either get that boat unchained ready for that fucking kid to unload, or you can get back in your cab and fuck off. The choice is yours. Either way, me and the fucking kid will be back in about fifteen minutes

It was unchained when we got back and we completed the job in a sullen silence. He didn't get a tenner!

"They'll learn, young David," Frank said. "They'll learn."

The driver returned two days later, and he was as helpful as the other drivers. He got his ten pound tip. Frank was right, he'd learned.

There were no more hiccups with any of the loads and all the drivers went away happy. But I was happiest. I'd earned twenty pounds for unloading and refuelling each boat and my wedding to Annie was less than two weeks away.

I now had a provisional driving license and could drive on the roads with a qualified driver. I'd had a few lessons from Frank and he'd quizzed me on the Highway Code. I was confident that I'd pass my test when the time came.

It came sooner than I expected. I received a letter saying a test had been booked for me at ten in the morning… on the day I was getting married!

I didn't tell Annie, but Frank thought it was funny, then he took me to look at the old Rover,

"Nancy reckons we should give it to you as a wedding present,” he said.

"And I have to do what she tells me. Here, it's yours." He passed me the keys.

He kept doing things like that, things that left me speechless. I'd saved almost a thousand pounds toward buying it and he'd casually given it to me!

"I don't know what to say, Frank." I was almost choked for words.

“The morning of your test, I'll pick you up in your car, take you there and wait for you. When you pass, I'll drive you back here and then you can pick up Annie in it and go to the registry office. How does that sound?"

"She'll go mad, Frank."

He laughed. “Aye, she probably will, lad."

On my wedding day, I was as nervous as a kitten. Annie had spent the previous night at home with her mum, Frank had taken me out for a few beers at a pub owned by a friend of his — isn’t it silly, I was getting married but I was too young to legally drink? — and I'd spent the night at his house.

Nancy fussed around me like a mother hen. "Have you got a clean handkerchief? Have you got the ring?" Bless her, she enjoyed every moment.

Eventually, it was time to leave for my test. The instructor was a man in his forties. He examined my license and told me to get into the car. Then he sighed and rolled his eyes. "In the driving seat, please.”

Oops!

"Pull up just inside the gate, please. Read me the registration of that blue car over there."

He made notes.

"When I drop my hand, I want you to make an emergency stop as if a child has run out in front of you."

I did it and I had to do a hill start and also filter into traffic on a dual carriage way. Back at the test centre, we sat in the car while he asked various questions about the Highway Code.

“Congratulations," he said formally, handing me a green slip of paper.

I'd passed! I was a qualified driver!

I got into the passenger seat for the drive back to Frank’s place but he grinned and told me to drive. "It's your car, David."

Nancy hugged and kissed me and I went to collect my bride.

"What are you doing driving this?" she demanded and then let out a whoop of joy when I told her. She kissed and hugged me and her mum had to repair her makeup.

My parents were at the registry office. Mum greeted us with a kiss and dad seemed to be looking for a pregnancy bump. Julie was there and already crying. My landlord and his wife were there but the other guests were just friends and Annie's family.

Twenty minutes later, we were man and wife and I was the happiest seventeen year old in Britain.
Annie's uncle Bob had laid on a reception for us in his pub at Willington.

MiaRioss
Online Now!
Lush Cams
MiaRioss

A fleet of cars ferried us there and Bob announced that, as it was a private party, Annie and I could enjoy a drink.

We did and it was a great party, Julie was well away on the booze and I feared she might let some secrets slip. But she was as good as gold, except she did quietly ask when I intended committing adultery with her.

"When my wife lets me."

"Don't let it be too long, eh?"

"No danger of that, Julie."

The party broke up about midnight. Those not fit enough to drive ordered taxis, and I went in search of Bob to pay for everything. He shook my hand and said pleasantly, "Piss off, David.
"Oh no, Uncle Bob," Annie said. "It was a really nice do you put on. Let David pay for it."

“Right, come here,” he said and then kissed her. "Payment received with thanks. Now bugger off."

We buggered off.

We'd not planned on a honeymoon. Instead, we were saving for a house and I'd already decided that I wasn't going to be a slave to a mortgage. I was going to pay cash. In the time I'd been working for Frank, I'd saved thousands and I wasn’t yet eighteen.

As a married woman, Annie's wages went up to ten pounds a week. Nancy said they'd be increased to fifteen when she turned eighteen. We both worked hard but, to be honest, we loved what we were doing.

My rates had stayed the same, but Frank hired me out with the crane and he paid me twenty pounds a day when I was on hire. Some days I worked twelve hours or more, but my bank balance was growing by the minute.

~~~

"Look at this, David." We were sitting at home one Sunday morning, and Annie was watching a man putting up a ‘For Sale’ sign in the front garden of the small cottage opposite us.

"I wonder how much that is?" I said — but she’d gone.

She spoke to the man and he smiled and answered before handing her something and she ran back to me, excitedly waving and laughing.

"He gave me the keys to look. Come on, he's waiting for us now."

"How much is it?" I asked her as we ran across the road.

"He reckons about seven thousand. But, if it needs some work and we're paying cash, who knows?"

It had two rooms and a kitchen on the ground floor, two bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs. But the garden interested me. It looked to be about a whole acre. The roof definitely needed re-thatching, but I wanted it.

We thanked him and took a note of the number on the sign and ran back to the flat.

I phoned Frank. "Are you doing anything right now?"

"Not much, why?"

"Get in the car with Nancy and come over here. There’s something I want you to see."

"What is it?" he asked.

"An awful lot of money,” I said and rang off.

They were with us in less than half an hour, eager to know what I was so excited about.

"Look over the road, Frank. Tell me what you see.”

"A few shops, houses, a cottage for sale. Oh, I see, it's a cottage on a corner. What's behind it, I

Wonder”

"Nothing, it's all garden, Frank."

“Yeah? Well, I know planning permission has already been granted for the whole of this area.

Come on,” he said and was out of the door in a flash.

"Bloody hell, David.” He grinned as we looked over the vast overgrown garden. "We're looking at a gold mine.”

"That's what I thought."

“But why are you telling me? Why not buy it yourself?"

Because I owe you everything and you're a lot wiser than me. Half and half?" I held out my hand.

"Half and half." He laughed and we shook on it.

All twenty eight boats were booked for the next week, so Frank and I went into the estate agents the next day to complete a deal for the cottage. The manager phoned Franks’ bank to confirm that he was good for the cash, and the cottage was ours.

We went to my bank where I withdrew my half and gave it to Frank. I neither asked for a receipt nor did I expect one; we had that kind of a relationship.

What we did, though, was form a company with four directors, Frank, myself, Nancy and Annie. We called it ‘Four square holdings’ and our only assets were an acre of land and an old cottage.

The day after, I was at Frank’s place when he said, ”I’m selling the bakery, David. I’ve got too much on and I can't give it the time it needs."

"Wow," I said, "that's a big decision."

"Yes," he nodded. "My granddad started it, he passed it on to my dad, and he passed it on to me."

"I've persuaded him,” said Nancy, coming in and sitting on his knee. "He's worked like a dog all our married life. I want my husband back."

I looked at them and, for the fist time, I saw a man and woman who loved each other truly and deeply.

"Whatever you want me to do Frank," I said quietly, "I'll do it."

"I know that," he smiled. "I'm going to tell you something now. I don't know how you'll take it, you might laugh. I don't know, but it's the biggest and potentially the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Annie came in and sat on my knee. "I think I already know, Frank," she said and looked at Nancy. ”You're pregnant, aren't you?"

Nancy nodded, smiling. "Yes."

Then Annie stunned me. Turning to look at me, she said, "So am I.”

 

 

Published 
Written by davedax97
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments