Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Rhythm and the Blue Line Ch 26

"Sharing the news, good and bad."

5
2 Comments 2
3.9k Views 3.9k
2.5k words 2.5k words
Ryan knocked on Brody's door, bursting to tell him about the tour. Word had gotten around, and she'd gotten congratulatory calls from Annette and others, but it wasn't quite the same. She was about to knock again when he opened the door.

"Hey, come on in." Brody held the door open for her.

"Thanks." Ryan's excitement dropped a few notches. Brody looked and sounded far different than he had on the phone earlier. "You okay?"

"Sure. What's up?" He closed the door.

"I, um, I have news."

"Yeah? Good news?"

"Yeah. We got picked up for the tour." She couldn't stop a grin.

"Hey, that's great."

Ryan was taken back at his muted reaction. "It is. Ah, Lara called today and told me. We're all pretty excited. I'll be anxious and all in a few days, but for now it's kind of wild." Her own enthusiasm was down considerably.

He nodded. "That's fantastic."

"Thanks." Ryan felt deflated; she could see he was preoccupied and his smile looked forced. "So, how was your day?"

"Okay. Just recovering from the trip."

"You did sound tired when I talked to you earlier."

He shrugged. "It's the downside of all the travel. Sometimes your internal clock just gets all messed up and it takes a little bit to reset it. I'll be good tomorrow."

"That’s good." Ryan blanked on what to say next. Brody sounded so flat, unlike himself.

"You up for some food?" Brody didn't hassle her on her eating, another wrong note.

"Sure. And, maybe a movie or something?"

"Yeah, maybe. How does Indian food sound?"

"Like something new and different. I've never had it before."

"How'd you manage that? There are tons of Indian restaurants around here."

She shrugged. "I don't know, just never came up I guess. My parents think ethnic food begins and ends at Chinese. With the band, we tend to do that or Thai or pizza."

"Want me to help you pick from the menu, then? Some Indian stuff can be pretty spicy."

"Sounds good."

They sat on the couch and went over the menu. After Brody placed the order, Ryan reached over and put a hand on his arm. "Are you okay?"

"Hmmm?"

"It looks like something's on your mind. Is anything wrong? Do you want me to go?"

"No, no. I'm sorry. I just—I got some bad news after I talked to you before."

"What happened?"

"My brother called. He and his wife have decided to separate. It's just a huge shock. I mean, Rick and Amy." Brody slumped back onto the cushions. "I can't believe it."

"Oh, wow. I’m really sorry."

"Yeah, me too. Rick said they were keeping it low-key, and they're going to see a counselor, but he's moving out."

"Do you think they might get back together later?"

"I don't know. I mean, I hope so."

Ryan didn't know what to say; she felt as though everything was off-kilter. Brody was the one who knew what to say, who always had a joke to cheer her up. She didn't think she'd ever seen as upset as he was now.

"It's just so hard to believe." Brody was incredulous. "They seemed to have it all and be handling everything really well. I mean, I know it can't be easy with both parents working; it wasn't easy for my parents. But they did it, so I guess I figured Rick and Amy would, too."

"They still might, though."

Brody shook his head. "I don't think so. Rick sounded like he thought it was over. I keep thinking how Bax has his family in Boston, but they seem okay. If Bax and his wife can keep it together, with all the traveling and separation, how come Rick can't, when he doesn't have to do any of that?"

"It's tough, but everybody's different." Ryan thought for a minute. She'd talked with Bax a few times when she'd met Brody and his teammates after games and he seemed like a good guy. "Bax is older and has a different perspective on it. Maybe your brother and his wife just need to get some perspective."

"Maybe." Brody didn't sound convinced.

The food came and Brody suggested she try the chicken biryani. "It's probably not as spicy as what I ordered," he told her. "Might be good to start slow."

Ryan nodded and took a bite. It was good, but it was hot. "Water, please," she said as she gulped air.

Brody gave her a small smile and handed her a piece of naan bread instead. "Here, try this. And take some of this for the rest of it." He gave her a small container.

She ate the bread, then took a deep breath and chanced a drink of water. "Okay, better. What's in that?"

"Plain yogurt. It'll help cut the heat like sour cream does with Mexican food. Water spreads the heat around, so you're better to drink milk or have something like this."

"Good to know." She tried another bite, this time with the yogurt. "Yes, much better. Man, if this is spicy, I don't think I should try what you have."

"Well, there's plenty of yogurt if you get adventurous."

"I think I've had enough adventure for now."

They ate in silence for a while. Ryan decided she liked it enough that she might try it again, provided there was an ample supply of naan and yogurt. When they were finished, she helped him sort through the leftovers and clean up. Brody was quiet during the whole process, and Ryan was stumped on what to do.

"Look, I can go if you want," she said.

He turned and put a hand on her shoulder. "No, I'd like you to stay. Besides, we haven't had dessert yet."

She smiled. "That sounds great. But it can be simple. I'm good with cookies."

"Please. Like I'd give my girlfriend mere cookies." He scoffed and sent her into the living room. A few minutes later he came out with two bowls and handed her one. "See, it's cookies and ice cream."

"My favorite."

"Nothing but the best. Here, a toast to Imaginary Grace and the tour." They clinked their spoons together. "I really am happy for you, Ryan, and the others. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm not; I'm just not great company right now.

"That's okay."

Brody found a movie and they watched as they ate. Ryan couldn't concentrate on the movie. She wondered if she should bring up meeting her parents, or if she should wait. The problem with waiting was that she knew if she didn't do it now, she'd continue putting it off and then the waiting would become as bad or worse than the actual event.

She ate the last of her cookie and glanced at Brody. He was staring at the television but she could tell he wasn't seeing it. It was too bad about his brother, she thought. She remembered when Lara's parents had divorced, and it had been pretty ugly, with Lara in the middle. She hoped that Brody's nephews made out okay; she didn't know if it was better or worse that they were younger than Lara had been.

Once more she debated asking Brody about meeting her parents. It's not like he has to go tonight, she thought.

IsabellaEva
Online Now!
Lush Cams
IsabellaEva

I'm just asking if he'd be willing at some point in the near future. That's not so bad. I hope.

"Hey." She nudged his arm. When he didn't respond, she did it again.

"Hmmm? Sorry, what?"

"I had a favor to ask, if you don't mind. Nothing that has to happen immediately or anything."

"Sure. Shoot."

"Would you be okay with meeting my parents? Sometime?"

He gave her a half-smile. "Sure, no problem."

Ryan felt panic rise despite his positive response. "I'm not trying to pressure you, just so you know. And I'm not trying to, I don't know, look for more of anything. I just thought it's been a little while and Evan said something to them and so Mom's asked a few questions and it'd just be easier if you met them." She was out of breath when she finished.

"Ryan, it's fine." He patted her arm. "I don't mind, really. Just let me check the schedule and we'll work something out."

"Okay. Thanks." She was relieved asking him was over; now she could focus on worrying about the event.

"You met my family, so it's only fair."

"I guess. Let's talk about something else."

He squeezed her arm and they went back to watching the movie. Ryan tried to remember what they were watching, but there was nothing too distinctive. Cars sped along roads, sometimes against traffic, and various things exploded in beautifully choreographed sequences. She couldn't have cared less, and every time she glanced at Brody, it was obvious he didn't either.

"We can turn this off," she said.

"What?"

"The movie." She turned towards him. "Neither of us is watching, so we might as well turn it off."

"Sorry. I guess you're right. I just can't focus."

"It's okay. As far as I can tell, there's not much worth focusing on."

Brody turned the set off. "I am sorry, Ryan. Rick's phone call really threw me."

"It's okay. I was just thinking I should cheer you up. You're usually the cheering me up, though, so it's a little weird."

Brody chuckled. "I hadn't thought about it that way."

"Well, let's see what I can come up with." Ryan made a show of thinking of what to do, which made him smile, and then she climbed onto his lap. He put his hands on her hips to steady her as she straddled him.

"That's not a bad start," he said.

"Good to know." She braced her hands on his shoulders and leaned down to kiss him. His fingers dug into her skin, but she didn't care; she liked to feel him respond to her. When he tried to take control of the kiss, she drew back and pressed her lips to his neck. He groaned in approval and she smiled to herself. She decided to up the stakes and rocked her hips against him.

"I think I'm feeling a little better." His voice was rough.

"Good. That's the idea." Ryan pressed her lips to his again and worked on unbuttoning his shirt.

Brody wasn't willing to be passive; he kissed her jaw, and then moved to her neck. After a moment he stopped, much to her disappointment.

"Wait. Why are you wearing this?" Brody reached up and put a finger in her collar and tugged. "This is totally in the way."

Ryan laughed. "It's a mock turtleneck, and in case you've forgotten, it's the middle of January. Even you have to admit it's cold out."

"Maybe. It's still in the way."

"Sorry." She pulled the shirt off. "Better?"

He shrugged out of his own shirt. "Much."

They both laughed as Brody lay back on the couch and pulled her on top of him. She combed her fingers through his hair as she kissed him again. He tangled his fingers in her hair and deepened the kiss. She jumped when he nipped a path down her neck, and couldn't help but rock her body against his when he cupped her breast. He rubbed his thumb over the soft material, drawing a soft moan from her as he went back and forth over the hard nub underneath.

Ryan decided it was time to advance things again, so she reached back and unclasped her bra. She laughed as she tried to slide it off without breaking their kiss. Once she'd managed, she sighed in approval as she lay back on top of him. She loved how he felt against her, warm and strong.

She drew back for a breath but Brody kissed her again and pressed his body against hers. Ryan dragged her nails over his chest as he moved his hips; she felt him hard and ready under his jeans. She reached down to undo his pants.

He hissed out a breath as her hand reached in and she stroked him with a steady rhythm. He stopped for a moment with his forehead on her shoulder and breathing hard, and she felt his heart racing like hers. He murmured something and hooked his fingers in the waistband of her skirt.

"What?" Ryan was still breathless.

"I said, thank God for skirts." He pushed down and stopped. "What the—what is this?"

"What is it this time?"

"This. Wait." He pushed at her shoulders and she raised up. He frowned. "You're wearing stockings?"

Ryan raised an eyebrow. "Let me repeat: it's cold outside."

"Jesus. Here I thought this was going to be easy with the skirt." He curled his fingers into the elastic waistband and began pushing the leggings down, working them over her hips as laughed. He got them off one leg and said that was enough before pulling her back to him.

Ryan repaid the favor by pushing his jeans down, and he lowered his hands to help, then slid one hand between her legs and let his fingers slide into her. She gasped and dug her nails into his shoulders as he teased her, bringing her close but not letting her come.

She was about to protest when he moved his free hand; he dug around to find his wallet and dropped it to the floor when he had the condom in hand. She sat up as he ripped the packet open and put the condom on, then moved so that she was over him. They both groaned as he slid inside. Ryan leaned down to kiss him once more.

His lips met hers, rough and urgent, and she let him lead this time. He began to move faster, and Ryan felt her body tighten and then she came almost before she was ready for it. She gripped him tighter, searching for his lips again as he grasped her hips and kept moving. Ryan tried to take a breath and managed a quick one before a second orgasm washed through her. This time she felt Brody tense as well, and then he dropped his head back as he came as well, holding her to him and breathing hard.

Ryan closed her eyes and rested her head against his chest. His heart beat slowed after a bit and the rhythmic sound lulled her almost to sleep.

"I, um, I guess we should get up," she said.

Brody's arms tightened around her. "Why?"

"I was thinking maybe I should go back to my place."

He shifted so he could look at her. "You don't want to stay here?"

"I do. I just didn't know if you wanted me to."

He laid back on the couch. "Yeah, I do."

Published 
Written by PennLady
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments