Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Running into Coverage Ch. 3

"Morning bed hair was never sexier, Hadley and Marcus take it to the next level"

3
1 Comment 1
3.8k Views 3.8k
5.9k words 5.9k words
Oh holy hiatus. Firstly, life happens to us all and turns days into weeks and side-projects into—well, side-projects. As always, there is much gratitude to Estragon who looked over these pages which sat in my inbox for ages. Your edits and support means the absolute world. There is much to be said for a lady such as Hadley, but I will let the next chapters cover that. As always, your thoughts, comments and feedback is always appreciated.

Enjoy

M

****

Over the next month, not a single day went by that she didn’t hear from Marcus. They talked about his grueling practice or the shade of blue she managed to perfect. They talked in the morning hours, or late in the night depending on where either of them was. With the Cougars on back-to back-away games, Marcus had been tied up for most of that month, but had wanted to be there for Hadley. When he had been home, he would casually drop by the coffee shop to harass her or go to the studio. As the rains of October had hit, so did a leaky roof at the studio. Unfortunately, hers was up on the top floor and got the brunt of the water damage. One night when they were talking on the phone, Hadley had been voicing her concerns for some of her paints and paintings, and how the landlord wasn’t making any progress. Having come from a working class family, he knew a few things about repairing leas, and had patched up part of the ceiling in an effort to stave off collapse, until the landlord fixed the actual problem.

On a sunny afternoon, Hadley dipped her fingers in some of the green paint and brushed them along the fresh canvas in her studio. When an annoying ring like a club hit echoed in the small space, Hadley figured it was probably Marcus calling since he was home and they were trying to figure when to meet up. She grabbed one of the cloths and wiped her hands. The number on the display was restricted but she picked it up anyway.

“Hello?”

“Yo, Hadley!” A deep voice filled the small device, Hadley pulled the phone away from her ear and stifled a laugh.

“I don’t answer to yo’s. Who is this?”

“Jamal, who else would be callin’?” The name registered immediately; it made her feel like such a schoolgirl over the fact that this big burly guy was calling her.

“A lot of people, Jamal. I’m worth way more than you think I am. How did you get my phone number?”

“I stole Jennings’ phone earlier and got it. What are you doing tonight?”

“Painting, what are you doing?”

“Having a drink with you. A bunch of guys are getting together and we thought it might help—“

His voice was tight, but Hadley was no fool and caught on. “Oh my god! You want to use me to pick up girls?”

“Nah, it’s not…okay, yeah. We’re going to Brick, you know that place?”

“No, but I can’t imagine too many places are named Brick or Wall.”

“Damn, you are sassy. Come out for a drink, you know you want to.”

“Maybe another time, Jamal.”

“How about tonight? Seeing as you and Jennings are friends, we should be too.”

Hadley had to laugh at that. “I can’t even believe I’m considering meeting you.” Truthfully, she had hit a hard spot in the current canvas she was working on and was craving a distraction. At a gallery near Lincoln Park, she had talked with a dealer, and managed to schedule time in a couple of weeks for him to view the canvas. How she was going to complete the piece in such a short period of time, was beyond her.

“It’s one drink, we’ll get Jennings to meet us. It’s easier for the ladies to come up when there’s already one there.”

Hadley rolled her eyes and put the paints down. “What time are you all meeting up?”

Before she knew it, Hadley packed everything up and was on the next bus that would drop her off near the bar. Something she had quickly learned was that, with knowing Marcus, she got to know all of his teammates. It didn’t surprise her that they called her or came with Marcus on his many visits. What surprised her was her immediate excitement in getting out for the night. Caitlin had been studying for mid-terms, and she didn’t really want to be quiet in her own house.

As the bus came to a stop on Huron, Hadley grabbed her bag and dashed out of the back of the packed vehicle. Clutched in her hands was the address to Brick, and as she walked past several upscale eateries she knew she was close. A gust of wind blew into her face, forcing several strands to tangle and block her sight. Her fingers gently pushed the bangs out of her eyes when she saw the line forming outside of the restaurant. Her eyes took in everything. Even from outside, the restaurant was a hit. The plain building front had been painted black with very pale lighting in the entranceway. Hadley hated the idea of having to wait in any kind of line, but promptly stood behind a group of knockout blondes in dresses too skimpy for the cool October evening. She stood in line for fifteen minutes when her phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Hadley, where are you? We been waiting on you, girl.”

Hadley laughed, “I’m outside standing with the rest of the world who wants to get inside.” There was a slight pause but then her phone went silent. She pulled the phone away from her ear and saw the disconnect notice and laughed.

Within seconds, the front door swung open and the Cougars’ Defensive Tackle walked out into the evening chill. He scanned the line that stretched beyond the corner of the street until his eyes rested on a short blonde standing with her hands on her hips. Shaking his head, Jamal whistled loudly causing several of the people standing in line to look.

“Always surprised with you. Always.” Jamal wrapped his big arms around Hadley and pulled her in for a hug. She laughed against his chest before swatting him lightly with her phone.

“You hung up on me.”

Placing his arm on her shoulders, Jamal directed Hadley into the restaurant toward the rest of the group. At the table, glasses were scattered all over and several of the guys were in debate on who was the hottest girl at the table across the way. Hadley hung her bag up on the rung under the table and laughed as Brent Hammond gave a wounded look to the other guys as they disapproved his choice. A waitress came up to the table and took the order for another round which included a martini for Hadley. Soon enough, she joined in the great debate and found herself happy she had come out for the night with the guys.

****

Pulling the cell phone out of his pocket for what seemed like the fiftieth time since leaving the Cougars’ complex in Rockford, Marcus checked for a missed call. The screen was just as blank then as it was before Jamal had asked him to come out tonight. A small part of him had hoped that Hadley would have called but he knew she was busy working on some new project that she wouldn’t really tell him about, and kept referring to her reluctance as ‘creative indifference.’

She wasn’t like any other girl he had ever talked to, and he smiled thinking of her defiance. Hadley did whatever she pleased, whenever she pleased and didn’t apologize for being herself. She spoke the words on her mind, but also had a compassion and generosity that he admired. More than once she had offered to cook a meal for him when he was cooped up on a couch nursing a strained hamstring.

The valet service outside of Brick was attentive as he drove up and got out of the vehicle. Handing over the keys, Marcus walked past the line and nodded at the man at the door. “Nice evening tonight.”

The man uncrossed his arms and went to open the front door for Marcus. “Sure is, have a nice night Mr. Jennings.”

Inside, the place was packed with swarming bodies. The heat from so many people instantly made Marcus comfortable enough and glad he didn’t wear a jacket. Casually he glanced around until he heard a loud booming laugh cast from the side of the bar. Several tables had been pulled together and was over crowded with his teammates and a lot of women that either were or weren’t girlfriends or new people they’d all met that night. Used to the typical night out with the guys, Marcus walked up to the table and nearly came up short as the conversation was riveted at a very particular blonde woman, he seemed to recall had been talking with him for the greater part of that month.

Hadley’s arms were waiving around wildly as she proved a point, all of the guys started howling and laughing at her. Never being someone who couldn’t give as much as she took, she simply laughed right with the rest of his friends. Marcus inhaled as his mouth opened to a wide smile. Jamal was the first to see him walk up and pounded his back for a greeting.

“Jennings, man! We were just thinkin’ that you was going to blow us off for some of your beauty sleep.”

Marcus scoffed, and looked over at Hadley who was pulling an olive from the toothpick. His eyes followed her motion as the olive lost itself in her mouth. He cleared his throat, a tightness forming in his jeans. “I told you I would be here.” His eyes never leaving Hadley as he spoke.

The corner of her mouth curled and her eyes twinkled. “Well then take a seat pretty boy, we’ve all got you beat so looks like you’ll be the designated driver.”

Everyone laughed including several of the newer attendees who seemed more interested in making sure everyone near the bar knew who they were standing with. Marcus shook his head and walked over to Hadley’s side. Tilting her head up, she blinked but smiled sweetly up to him.

“Yeah, that’s what I thought.” Placing a hand along her hip and rubbing lightly, he ordered a beer from the waitress as she cleared empty glasses and bottles from the table.

From there conversations flew between everyone without any signs of reticence. At one point, Marcus was defending his love of hip hop music to how Fabian started to actually rap for their group. Hadley covered her face but didn’t hold back her laughter and the others just smacked him or listened. They were loud, obnoxious and everything that made for a fun night out.

Feeling the cool haze of a vodka buzz, priorities were first and Hadley scooted off of the high seat and walked off toward the washroom. Marcus’ eyes watched her as she made her way to the back of the restaurant. Why his gaze stayed with her, he couldn’t explain. All of his thoughts were interrupted as Jamal shouted out to him.

“Your girl can use the bathroom if she needs it, man.”

He cocked an eyebrow at the larger player. “She’s not my girl, just making sure she got there okay. The crowd is wild here.”

Fabian choked on his drink before looking up at Marcus. “She’s been here with us without you for most of the night and you’re not pissed?”

Marcus took a swig from the longneck. “No. You’re all a bunch of assholes. And you know if you touch her, I’ll break your arms.”

Fabian laughed, while Jamal studied Marcus’ face. “She’s a good girl, Jennings. She calls all of my shit out at the front door. If you don’t catch her, someone else will.”

“She doesn’t fall for my bullshit either.” The men all laughed together but as Hadley came back to the table it was clear to Marcus that she had one too many drinks in her. She wobbled when she should have been walking straight, and held onto his side for support instead of sitting in the chair. Slightly alarmed, Marcus dropped his head to whisper into her ear so nobody else in the group could hear. “Do you want to get out of here?”

Hadley rested her head on his shoulder and nodded. Marcus took the lead and started to leave some money for the tab but Jamal stopped before he could pay for anything.

“This one is on me. Glad I could finally help the notorious Marcus Jennings out in landin’ his lady.”

“I already told you, we are just friends, Jamal. See you tomorrow.” Hadley was walking out to the front entrance when Marcus came up to her.

“Thanks Marcus, I didn’t think I drank that much.” Her voice trailed and Marcus thanked God that the valet was quick in getting his vehicle. Hadley rested her head against the back of the seat and shut her eyes. When she spoke, her voice was quiet as if she hadn’t realized she spoke out loud. “I don’t want to go home.”

Out of instinct or feeling the need to comfort her, Marcus rest his hand on Hadley’s thigh and squeezed lightly. His voice, equally as quiet, “everything okay?”

Turning to face Marcus, Hadley kept her eyes closed. The fingers that were fidgeting with a necklace dropped, lightly brushing his hand. “Caitlin’s studying, her books are all over the place. I just want to curl up on the couch and fall asleep. But I can’t without disturbing her.”

Marcus hadn’t realized his hand was still on her thigh and put it back on the gear-shift. Even though they were only a couple of blocks away from her apartment complex, Marcus turned onto the next street and drove to his condo instead. When he shut off the engine in the underground parking garage, Hadley finally stirred.

Rubbing her eyes, she looked around at the unfamiliar area. “Where are we?”

Marcus opened the door and climbed out. “My house. You can’t bother Caitlin here.”

“Marcus, I don’t….”

“To sleep, Hadley. I have more than one bedroom. Or you can sleep on the couch.” He lifted a brow and gave a devilish smile.

They rode up in the elevator quietly. Of all the times that they had done things together, his house had been avoided. Something she should have thought about before, but honestly was never really bothered. They weren’t dating, and he never made a big deal out of inviting her over in the first place.

His condo was on the thirty-eighth floor of one of the newer condominium towers near Lakeshore Drive. Everything inside was masculine, but very well kept. Clean and tidy, except for the coffee table which was covered with notes, pencils and game-film CDs. Instead of the plush leather couches she fully expected in his bachelor pad, he had large overstuffed love seats that accented the coloring on the walls which were covered with impeccable and stylish artwork. Hadley’s eyes widened as she walked further into his condo and realized that even though their friendship had grown, she had judged him from the beginning and he didn’t deserve that.

“Your house is gorgeous, I had no idea.”

Hadley followed him into the spare bedroom. “I know, I don’t usually bring people back here. It’s kind of where I get to be free…of everything. There’s a bathroom across the hall, when you need to leave wake me up and tell me. I’ll drive you. You are not taking the bus.”

Hadley tried to laugh but was caught up in an intense yawn. He opened up the bedspread as she took off her boots. “Thank you for everything, Marcus. I don’t have a shift tomorrow so I may just sleep in if that’s okay?”

A light smile blessed his parched lips, he ran a tongue over them. “I have practice at nine, you can stay for as long as you need.”

Curling deep into the covers, Hadley nodded. It took every ounce of Marcus’ willpower to not drop a kiss on her forehead or her bare shoulder as she lay so peacefully in the bed. It took even more strength to leave the room and get into a cold shower.

****

A light tapping against the window woke Hadley out of a light sleep. Her eyes adjusted to the darkness and she reached over to her nightstand in search for her phone but didn’t find it. Pulling the sheets down, she looked at her dress and realized she was fully clothed. Awkwardly, she rolled out of the bed and went to the dresser against the wall to see if there was anything she could scrounge up and use for nightwear. There were more framed photos than anything, but she managed to find an old college t-shirt.

Stripping down, she put the t-shirt on which dropped to her knees and went out to get some water from the kitchen.

antonela__ztone
Online Now!
Lush Cams
antonela__ztone

As high up as the condo was the light of the city and moon kept the space well lit. Hadley was able to find her way into the spacious kitchen and quietly pour a glass of water and walk back to the room. She didn’t remember the room as dark as it was, but she didn’t want to curse the light by turning it on and started to crawl into the bed that seemed larger than the one she had been laying in. As she buried herself under the covers closer to the center, her leg bumped against something very warm. A movement from the far side of the bed shifted and it was then that she took in the faint scent of cologne in the air.

A gravelly voice spoke out from the darkness. “Hadley?”

“Marcus?”

“Who the hell else would it be?” He turned and flipped the light on and inhaled sharply at the sight of Hadley lying beside him. “Are you...?”

“Oh—uh…I thought this was the other room.” As Hadley sat up and let the sheets pool at her waist, Marcus noticed that she was wearing his shirt, which had bunched at the exact place the sheets had fallen. He went from soft to hard in record time and shifted to hide his secret.

“It’s not.”

“I can go. I mean, I will go to the other room. I should go.”

With a hand held out to where her knee was, Marcus squeezed it lightly just as he had in the car. “You’re comfortable, you can stay here.” He looked around the bed then back to her, “it’s big enough.”

Her eyes were big pools of the midnight skies, “okay.”

“Okay, as in, we are going to sleep.”

Hadley laughed, “you don’t want to spoon with me?”

A deep rumble erupted from his throat as Marcus took in her sass. Even at two in the morning, she was still giving him shit. “It’s the other way around, Had.” Without another word he reached over and turned the lights off. Hadley lay as still as she possibly could but found it increasingly difficult as the deep and steadied breaths of Marcus filled the air in the room as he drifted into a deep sleep. The bed was comfortable, and warm from both of them lying beneath the covers. Blinking rapidly, she fought the sleep that ached to control her. Giving into the inevitable, her eyes fluttered shut and she sank into sleep.

Always able to get up early, Marcus often awoke before his alarm went off. That morning wasn’t any different. Groggy from the sleep, the morning sunlight crept into the room from the corners of the blinds. He was sleeping on his side, something he never did but was curled into the backside of Hadley. His hand resting lightly over her side, their hands clasped together. At some point in the night, he must have turned to her. Her hair tangled at the nape of her neck and Marcus wanted nothing more than to move it so he could nuzzle her, but feared waking her. Or pissing her off.

After a few minutes, her hand eased out of his and her entire body rolled over in frustration. Still completely asleep she covered the back of her head with her hands. Marcus took full advantage of the break and turned his alarm off so it didn’t disturb her sleep and slid out of bed to take a shower. When he was all done shaving and getting ready, he came out of the bathroom ready to head out for practice only to see Hadley sitting upright in the middle of the bed.

Hair everywhere, black eyeliner smeared at the corners, in his t-shirt. “I feel like hell and you look fine, how fair is that?”

“Good morning to you too. You don’t look all that bad.”

“If I can’t run my fingers through my hair, I look terrible.”

“Wiseass. Take a shower, you’ll feel better. I have to go to practice, so do whatever you have to do. There’s plenty of food in the fridge.”

Hadley scrambled out of the sheets and followed Marcus to the door, completely unaware that she was only in his t-shirt. “Protein shakes and spinach.”

Shaking his head, he glanced down at her bare legs and smiled. “Take or leave it, babe.”

“I’m way too tired to even comment on that.”

“At least this way, I can say I slept with you. And offered breakfast.”

Hadley’s mouth gaped as Marcus walked out the front door of his condo. She stood in foyer for several minutes before falling onto his couch laughing at everything. He was right, they had slept together.

****

A neon ‘open’ sign in the front window flickered as Samantha Morrison walked into Negru in Wicker Park. The small sushi eatery was busy for the evening, but among the patrons she saw Hadley sitting at the bar. As she walked up to her friend, she whispered “boo”, startling Hadley from her focused concentration.

“You scared me.”

Samantha removed her jacket, placing it on the chair before sitting down. “Sorry I’m so late. Traffic was awful on the Kennedy.” Hadley smiled at her. The bartender came up to take an order from Sam, who surprisingly ordered club soda.

Hadley raised an eyebrow, “Not drinking tonight?”

“There is an early start at the school tomorrow. Some kind of all-teacher meeting, otherwise I would say yes, please.” Since she had moved in with Gabe, Samantha had requested a transfer from the school in Hinsdale to one closer to Rockford. As each of the districts began falling under hiring freezes, she opted to work as a substitute instead. There were days where she missed having her own full curriculum, but didn’t mind foregoing that for a shorter commute. Now she was able to accept assignments that were closer to where they lived and keep working full time in her profession. She and Gabe had planned on spending the off-season up in Michigan rather than splitting their time, so she was currently trying to get certified according to the standards of that state.

“I love this place.”

Samantha nudged Hadley’s shoulder with her own. “I knew you would. It’s eclectic but still swanky.”

“They have takeout, but it’s nice to eat inside here.”

The bartender dropped off the club soda and took their orders for a variety of rolls. Samantha was the first to ask some questions. “I am dying. How is the Caitlin situation?”

Laughing, Hadley sipped her own water. “Not too bad. We’ve fallen into a good groove but she definitely has a thing for my peanut butter. You said something about a frame the other day. Sorry, Sam but I have no idea what you were talking about.”

As the food got served, they both laughed. Samantha sobered. “I ramble. Gabe is going to make a frame for your painting.”

“Are you serious?”

Nodding, “I can’t wait. When I made him pack a few things from the cabin, he grumbled the whole way about it. How heavy the table was, why we didn’t need an extra stand. I know he loves having some of the cabin around.”

Taking that to heart, Hadley had just stuffed a piece of spicy tuna into her mouth when Samantha brought up another hot topic her friend seemed to be avoiding. “I saw Marcus the other day.”

Covering her mouth with a hand, she spoke. “How was he?”

Samantha raised a brow and rested an elbow on top of the bar, “you tell me.”

“Oh my god, Sam. We are not dating. It’s just a weird friendship.”

“Random if you ask me.”

“It is random. To be honest, I was kind of nervous telling you about seeing him after that first night at the bar.” The words were true as she spoke them, she had been nervous. When she called Samantha, she was unsure how her friend would react. Their meeting had been completely coincidental and was relieved as Samantha was supportive. What threw her off, and something she should have expected of her dearest friend, was that Samantha figured if Hadley ever went to Bandidos she would run into a few people from the team.

“Hadley, it’s your life. Who am I to say who you can or cannot go out with. Even if you are just friends, I can tell you for a fact though that he is not dating anyone.”

Laughing, “It wouldn’t matter. How do you even know that?”

“I know the language of kids and worked it out of him the other day when he dropped by the house.”

“I don’t get him. People are constantly coming up to him wherever he is; wouldn’t you take advantage of it? When he gets bored, that’s when he calls me.”

“He calls you when he’s not bored too, give him a little credit.”

“Okay, he does deserve more than that. But think about it, if all of these women throw themselves at him, that has to feed his ego. I’m someone who doesn’t feed it, so why bother?”

Samantha listened but knew Hadley was saying all of this nonsense to try and convince herself that her friendship with Marcus wasn’t turning into something that was more than she expected. She believed this as Hadley began asking questions about his visit at the house.

“Did you ask him about us or something?”

“I couldn’t. Gabe had just gotten home for a quick dinner before a late strategy session. They have this strange camaraderie that I wonder about.”

“What do you mean?”

“Marcus stops by occasionally, the door’s always open for him. Considering Gabe comes home for dinner now, that’s when he comes by. Gabe says that they only talk about football and plays but I don’t know sometimes.”

Hadley snorted, “Maybe he needs Godly advice.”

The conversations shifted away from Marcus, as more plates were placed on the bar in front of them. Even as Samantha was talking about the class she had been substituting with for the past week, Hadley found her thoughts drifting back to Marcus and his nightly visits. She wondered if he were lonely, but shrugged that off quickly. He made friends easily and was readily available to go out, so his visits had to have been football related. Gabe had a wealth of knowledge, so maybe he really was always thinking about his game. What she didn’t understand was that for the past month, this was the first time she found out where he had been some evenings.

Looking back to nights where she would meet up with Marcus, he never mentioned where he had been and typically shrugged off the answer. The most she ever got out of him was that he had been meeting up with friends, which technically was true.

Samantha lightly tapped the back of a chopstick against the back of Hadley’s hand, jarring her from her thoughts. “You eat the last one, I’ve eaten most of this roll.”’

Shaking her head, Hadley placed her own chopsticks down. “No, I have eaten most of this roll. You hardly touched much of that one anyway.”

“It was not my favorite. So, what are you up to this weekend?”

Hadley moved her plate to the side, “I have to work on Saturday and was hoping to finish up a canvas Sunday but I’m not sure, why?”

“The Cougars have a home game on Sunday, you should come. You’ve been spending so much time in your studio, and we haven’t really had time to hang out. It would be fun, we can sit up in one of the sky boxes.”

“I don’t know, Sam. I really should finish the piece so it can dry and set before my appointment.”

“Okay, well the offer stands because you know I’m going. You don’t have to go and watch Marcus, Had. It’s something you haven’t done here yet. It’s insanely loud, and you can have a beer.”

“I’ll think about it.”

****

Hours later, Samantha sat with her knees curled to her chest on the couch. The fire had been going but sleep eluded her. The rumbling sound of the garage door opening relaxed her and she dropped her legs down, waiting for Gabe to come into the house.

She smiled to herself as he let himself in and kept his noise quiet while taking off his shoes and putting a few things away in the kitchen. Hearing the fire, he walked into the living room and leaned against the wall. “Hey, you.”

Samantha tugged on the blanket and beamed at him, “hi.”

Gabe walked into the room and sat on the couch, Samantha leaned into him as he kissed the top of her head. “It’s past midnight, you didn’t have to wait up.”

Running her hands along his thigh, she spoke lightly. “I wanted to.” They sat in comfortable silence for several minutes before Gabe broke the quiet air.

“How was dinner with Hadley?”

“It was okay, she seems distracted lately.”

Gabe leaned back a little and rubbed his eyes, the lateness of the hour and the weight of the day catching up with him. “You said she has been working a lot at her studio, she probably is distracted. Working so early at the coffee shop and then heading straight over to paint, she is bound to be exhausted.”

Turning her head, “That’s not what I mean by distracted.”

Knowing his fiancée all too well, he wasn’t fooled by her statements and laughed. The sound was tired. “Sweetheart, you grilled Marcus the other night and know there is nothing going on. What else do you need to know?”

“I’m not fully convinced. I think they’re both not letting on as much as they want.”

“Do you now?”

“Yes, I do. So I asked Hadley if she wanted to come and sit with me on Sunday.” Samantha brought her legs up to rest over his thighs as he sat listening to her. “I think they’re seeing each other, but she’s so tight lipped about him, this is a first even for her. We talk about everything. Even Marcus won’t say a word. You swear he hasn’t said anything to you?”

“Not since she first moved here, but I already told you that.” He spoke with a smile on his face, “Sam, if they’re seeing each other, then they are. This drives you crazy because you don’t know what’s going on.”

Samantha threw her head back against the plush cushion, “I know! When did I get so nosy? Don’t say a word.”

Pushing a strand of her wavy hair away from her face, he kissed her lightly before continuing. “You’re not nosy, you care about Hadley. Marcus is a good kid, if anything I’d worry about him. She’s a tough girl.”

“Not all of the time. Underneath all of those layers, she’s just as soft as the rest of us.”

Gabe moved forward to nuzzle Samantha’s neck, he spoke against her warm skin. “Let them figure it all out.”

His breath tickled the sensitive skin, and she rolled back pulling him with her. “That’s not very fair.”

Dropping feather light kisses along her collar bone, he massaged her sides with a free hand. “I could get used to you being up waiting for me when I get home.”

His statement weaved through her lust for him, making her remember exactly why she had been up that night. Placing her palms on his chest, she pressed on him so he would lift up and they could see each other clearly. No words escaped her mouth, so he spoke for her, “Have I told you that I love today?”

Tracing his stubbly jaw line, she smiled at him. “Yes, but feel free to tell me as often as you like.” Gabe leaned down and kissed the corner of her mouth.

“Aren’t you forgetting something?”

“I don’t think so, but I’ll check the list on the refrigerator before I go shopping tomorrow.”

“Funny.”

Her fingers stilled on him. “Have I told you that I love you too?”

“Hmm, yes but I’m beginning to question that one. Have I told you that seeing you in here made my whole day?”

Caving into the very depths of his words and the warmth of his body, she sighed. “Have I told you that I’m pregnant?”

His entire body went stiff as he stared at her with wonder. His mouth opening to speak only his voice disappeared. Samantha’s eyes searched his face as she waited for him to take in what she said. “Really?”

She nodded and blew out a breath, “I got sick yesterday so I went out and bought a test.”

Gabe shifted to sit up, Samantha looked at him as he eyed her belly. Placing a large hand over her abdomen he brought another up to cup her cheek, “is it mine?”

She gave a whoop of laughter and swatted his chest; Gabe leaned in and kissed her lips. Samantha held onto him and fed off of his strength. He pulled away first, “I’m glad we’re getting married in a few months, not that it matters.”

“This—”pointing to her belly, “is about to get huge.”

Gabe grinned as excitement flooded him while sweet visions of Samantha filled his mind. Images of her body swelling with his child. “I can’t wait.” Samantha started crying out of happiness and excitement. Together they stayed on the couch for a little while longer before they drifted off into their bedroom to celebrate properly.

****

Published 
Written by Ilmonamour
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments