Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Perceptions

17
9 Comments 9
47.8k Views 47.8k
4.9k words 4.9k words
Famous Story
Competition Entry: Masked

Atlanta, Georgia - 2018

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

The incessant ringing woke me from a deep sleep. I rolled over, and it stopped. Ten minutes of silence ensued. I'd barely fallen asleep when it started again.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Too damn exhausted to answer, I reached across and turned my phone off.

Four hours later I ate a leisurely Sunday breakfast on the patio and watched the sunrise. My thoughts wandered to the details of several pending cases and blocked-number calls I'd received. Unable to relax, I opened my laptop and resumed my research into the practical applications of DNA in genealogy.

My phone buzzed. 

Cole. I hadn't heard from him for six months. Sexy Devil with a heartthrob smile. I answered after the third ring. 

"What's going on?"

"Traveling around the world," he replied. "Missing you."

I laughed. "I bet. Is that before or after you've smooched all those gorgeous women?"

"I'm innocent," he protested. "I swear."

"Right." I closed the laptop intending to chat for a while. "It's noisy. Are you in Seattle?"

He paused a minute.

"No," he said, sounding tense.

"Where are you?" I frowned at the sudden change in his voice.

"In Atlanta."

"Okay." My heart began to pound. It had to be a coincidence.

I hadn't told anyone I was home.

"Chloe..."

I didn't respond.

"I'm here." He sounded breathless as if he'd run a hundred miles.

The call ended. I tried to control my growing anxiety. Sweat beaded my brow.

Mere seconds elapsed before the distinctive whump filled the early-morning air. An unmarked black helicopter crested the trees and landed on the grass near the pool. Instantly, the doors opened, and three familiar black-clad figures emerged. I'd last seen them in Newport Beach in February.  

My eyes perused their formal uniforms as they jogged towards me.

"It's been too long." I greeted Allie and Ivy with quick hugs.

"Indeed."

Cole met my gaze with a grim smile.

"This isn't a social call," I stated.

His red-rimmed eyes and disheveled hair agreed.

"We wanted to tell you in person." Ivy placed a large black case on the table.

"The earliest house in 'The Blake Collection.'" Cole's hand covered mine, giving it a slight squeeze. "It was located."

"What?" I gasped, clutching the table's edge.

I felt faint and took a lungful of fresh air.

Allie popped the latch and slid the case over.

I reached inside, fingers trembling, and pulled the glossy pictures out.

I noted the main house with five floors including both full-width attic and basement. Multiple wings branched out from the center. A separate two-story library, summer house, and garage comprised the spacious property.

"How?"

"The owner willed the place to the butler in 1946. It remained mostly unchanged and unlived in since, passing down the paternal line." Cole offered me the paper.

"The last owner sold it to a real estate company's partners in April," Allie said.

"Public interest is intense." Ivy passed her phone. People lined the gates to the two-mile-long drive. "London papers will break the news Tuesday."

Allie closed the case. "Hayes River wants you for the job."

Fuck. I was excited. A dream was coming true. I almost couldn't believe it.

"Absolutely." I tossed my keys to Ivy. "Get my backup luggage."

"I'll contact Knight House." Allie grinned and left.

"There's an issue." Cole's hand scrubbed down his scruffy face.

"Isn't there always?"

"I don't know how to tell you."

"Just say it." My shoe tapped against the wooden chair.

I leaned forward in trepidation.

He knelt before me, grasped my hands and shakily exhaled.

"Rio is the other partner."

I swore. Tugged my fingers free. A wave of heat rolled over my body.

Images surfaced of sun-tanned skin, deep cadent voices, sly smiles, and dark tousled hair.

"Chloe, please." His jaw clenched.

I jumped up and paced the patio unable to decide. Stay, or Go. Yes, or No.

The wind blew my hair as the sky darkened.

Cole's voice dropped to a desperate plea. "I need you."

Strong arms circled my body. Oranges and spice tickled my nose as I inhaled.

"We can't do this without you."

Through him, I'd met Rio. They'd always been best friends. A fiery magnetism existed between the three of us when we spent too much time together. Not for the first time, I wondered how close they were.

The opportunity to curate and sort an untouched estate was rare. But something I could pass up. A single passion had consumed most days and nights for seven years. The search for Courtesan Masquerade. Reason prevailed.

I couldn't stop the hunt now. 

Perhaps it was time for laughter in the rain. A different game. Long-denied fantasies allowed to turn into self-indulgent reality. I had a self-assuredness I hadn't felt then. I could handle this.

"Yes." I turned in his arms and met caring blue eyes. "But, now I own you."

My life had taken many unexpected twists and turns. Trapped between heaven and hell was only the latest.

It was inevitable we'd meet again.

Rio Van Horne. Fucking Arrogant Bastard.

Within fifteen minutes we were airborne en route to Virginia headed to London via private jet then on to Belgium.

I used my time wisely. I plotted out every fucking angle I knew Rio capable of playing.

My first job was at a historical society. I loved transcribing letters and journals filled with intriguing tales of travel, betrayal, and sexual affairs. It was fascinating work. The boring stuff I passed to volunteers.

I was engrossed in a scandalous tale of adultery involving a French socialite and two business rivals circa 1810 Chicago. One minute I'd been reading about a bum-groping ogler of ill repute and the next a motorcycle-helmet-wearing man was towering over me.

"Must be a great book."

"Why's that?" I croaked. Heat flooded my cheeks, and I hoped it didn't spread.

I hadn't heard anyone enter.

"You're blushing." My pulse quickened at the husky voice, skin-tight ripped jeans, and scuffed black combat boots.

He flicked the visor up. Such dark blue eyes.

"Really?" I tried to play it off. "It's just the... weather. Hot summer and all that."

His gaze dropped to my neck and then chest briefly.

"Oh, it's definitely scorchin' in here." He winked and removed the helmet. "I need water to cool down."

I shifted self-consciously with a desire to straighten my hair and clothes. Was this man flirting with me? Not seriously. A man like that always had a beautiful girlfriend. 

"Cole Stanton." Warm fingers enclosed mine. "I'm the new guy."

My belly tightened with aching need I buried. I was too shy to be the kind of woman he dated. But a friend I would be.

Grinning broadly, I said, "Chloe. Nice to meet you."

Our friendship grew. Rio entered my life two years later. 

The workday was grueling. Constant interruptions meant I was late to Cole's party. Boisterous crowds filled the front yard, throughout the sizeable multi-level house and spilled into the spacious backyard.

I unlocked the master bedroom and entered the bathroom. I set my bag on the long counter next to a vase of fresh-cut roses. Easing my skirt down, I let it pool around my feet. I pulled my shirt off and adjusted my bra. It was unusually humid and hot inside. I opened the windows wide. Leaning against the tiled wall, I slowly slid my hands over my body massaging my muscles. Hours spent cramped in a small car were hell. Cool air caressed my damp skin as I stretched. I moaned as the tension and worries released. It felt so good to relax.

I was tempted to climb into Cole's California King bed naked and sleep the weekend away between crisp sheets. But, I'd splurged on a new dress. I carefully put it on. My fingers smoothed the form-fitting black satin into place. I loosened the hairclip and shook out my blond hair to tumble over my bare shoulders. A red mask hugged my face. Quick swipes of gloss over plump lips and I finished.

I admired my reflection and smiled. My full breasts, shapely legs, and pert bum were displayed seductively. Perfect. Work had occupied my personal life too much lately. It was time for some fun. Be daring. Be bold. Go commando. I reached under the dress and slid my panties off. I pitched them into the hamper. Would Cole notice the mystery panties in the laundry? I giggled at the thought of sheer red lace nestled with his favorite black Calvins. 

Assorted pirates and comic book heroes were in abundance. A group of men played cards at the poker table in the game room. With tailored black tuxedos, sexy London accents, dark blue face masks, and gold money clips stuffed with crisp bills they were oblivious to their surroundings.

I sat at the bar and sipped orange juice. Five women dressed as saloon girls passed out ice-cold bottles of beer and glasses of champagne. Most guests had alcohol, and I was reluctant to get my dress ruined from a spilled drink, or worse. I sighed. Maybe tonight wasn't the time to be daring. I wandered the rooms restless. I wanted something different. Exciting.

A glance at my watch showed it was nine forty-five; an hour since I arrived. I wondered if I should leave. The doors to the ballroom opened, bringing the scent of roses, and the soft thump of footsteps sounded behind me. A shadow passed overhead before I could turn.

"Your lips were made for moonlight kisses." Against my ear, the words, spoken softly made my chest tighten. I spun around to face the stranger, a gasp caught in my throat.  

He was tall, muscular, and strikingly handsome from what I could see. Thick dark hair, vibrant green eyes, two-day stubble lined his jaw. A black mask to match my red one covered his face. My eyes roamed the perfectly tailored dark red silk shirt, and black pants that clung to his frame. My stomach fluttered in response.

"Who are-" His hand cupped my jaw, and his thumb lightly brushed my bottom lip.

I shifted my gait and exhaled a slow, nervous breath.

"Dance with me before this night is over." His lips casually brushed my fingertips.

I scanned the room certain he made a mistake. What if he didn't? This is your chance. Be bold. 

"Yes." I felt weightless as I accepted. He affixed a white rose in my hair. Delicate petals grazed my temple.

"Exquisite," he uttered. The whispered voice, husky and deep, was compelling. I could listen for hours.

A slow song played. It was one of my favorites. He took me by the hand and led me onto the crowded dance floor. Powerful arms circled me, pulling me close. My fingers wrapped around his broad shoulders. Large hands guided me into the firm contours of his body. He held my hips and lined his pelvis against my own. My pulse leaped as my nipples slid over his silk-covered chest. He wore an expensive musky cologne. A woodsy scent. He smells so good. It made me light-headed. I wanted to bury my nose against his neck to breathe him in until morning.

Our bodies moved in rhythm to the sensuous music. We danced like this for what seemed hours. Song after song until I lost count. It felt natural as if we'd been partners for years.

"I could get lost in you." I searched his eyes. A twinkle of mischief shone from the depths. 

Hot breath filled my ear. "I don't want to be alone tonight." His tongue licked the edge of my earlobe, making me shiver. "I know you want me too." As if to prove the point, his hands cupped my ass, deliberately pressing his hardness into my belly. "Let the mask set you free."

I didn't have casual sex, but for once I wanted to be unpredictable. Anonymity freed me to act in ways I normally wouldn't. I wanted him. Desperately. Completely. In all the ways it was possible for a man and woman to be together. I craved the heart-pounding adrenaline of wild and crazy sex.

As the music changed to a faster beat, he whirled me around the dance floor masterfully. People stopped to watch us. Men tried to cut in, but one harsh glare from his intense eyes had them backing away. He was commanding in his authority and succinct in his answers. "No."

His body led me with leonine grace through complicated dips and spins, twists and turns. I could hardly keep up. My heartbeat sounded like drums in a parade. He flung me into the air and pulled me back into his arms. Repeatedly. Like I was the tide receding into the ocean then crashing back onto shore.

He bent me backward until my hair brushed the floor. Looked me in the eyes, and tenderly ran a finger along my jaw. When he lifted me up, he kissed me hard and furious. Like he wanted to consume me. His soft lips planted on mine until our breathing was ragged and desperate. He tasted of mint and cherries. I wanted to savor all of him. Every masculine inch. The thought made me moan. My lips were swollen and tender. But, I wanted more.

Space in a corner opened. Lush displays of flowers flanked the sides. The room's dark shadows and continuously streaming guests kept us hidden. We grew bolder in our intimate touch. More explicit. It was thrilling and addictive.

His hips ground into mine from behind. A strong arm slid around my waist, holding me in place. The other one fondled my breasts, pinching the tightened buds through the thin fabric.

"Open for me," he urged.

I spread my legs. My pussy seeped with arousal. Expert fingertips stealthily followed a wet trail up my inner thighs switching between them to find damp skin. A lone finger breached my wet folds stroking and teasing until I writhed in delicious agony. His thumb grazed the edge of my clit rubbing in tandem until two blunt fingers suddenly slipped deep inside. My body clenched tight with need. His fingers pumped my dripping pussy faster, silently urging me to surrender fully to his will.

Then he stopped. His fingers and thumb still as my body trembled. His lips kissed the sweat-damp skin of my neck. His nose nuzzled the side of my jaw. Whispered words fell against my ears, but I knew not one. My mind was unable to comprehend anything but the sensations running through my body. Every thought focused on release. The sweet torments of frustration and desire and lust merged. The line between pleasure and pain balanced on a single stroke of his thumb or pump of his fingers.

VioletaParadise1
Online Now!
Lush Cams
VioletaParadise1

My head rested on his shoulder, one hand clasping the back of his head. The other gripped his firm thigh to stay upright. His thumb hovered over my clit, occasionally flicking it as his tongue plunged into my ear. Sweat from his brow dripped onto my skin and gathered in the crevice of my breasts.

"Ride me," he demanded.

I heard the rasp of his zipper and felt the back of my dress lift. Warm air and gentle fingers touched my bare skin momentarily. Then his body was flush with mine. Every inch was pressing me to the wall. My hands held onto the chair rail as his fingers plunged and twisted inside, quickly bringing me back to the edge.

Whimpers and moans escaped my trembling lips as the tension built. My body arched as the length of his hard cock nudged between the cleft of my ass. His free hand caressed me, nails scraping across my skin making goosebumps. My hips thrust back against him. He matched mine. Then his teeth nipped my bare shoulder.

"Come for me," he growled.

His thumb pressed down hard on my clit, and I came.

Every muscle pulled tight. I felt myself gush all over as my pussy milked his fingers. My toes curled in my shoes. Wordless sounds escaped me as I thrashed between his arms. My body shuddering as his hands steadied me. I felt light as a feather. Empty. Like I could drift away from the smallest nudge of a gentle wind. The sound of the music and guests had dimmed, but the roar of my body's release still filled my ears.

"I want you now."

He lifted me up and into his arms. Unsteady hands locked around his neck. The wild thundering of his heart matched my own. I kissed the side of his neck. The rough stubble on his jaw an advertisement for temptation. My eyes closed in anticipation.

I wanted to feel it all over my breasts. The early-morning sunrise filtered through thin curtains on a Sunday. His naked chest on mine as he fucked me in his bed. His hands gripping my ass as he thrusts slow and deep. His cock finding every aching spot deep inside me no man has explored before. Lazy breakfasts and late nights. I wondered if I was falling in lust.

The night was magical. Like a fairytale movie. Full of perfect seduction. He was real. Incredible. It felt like every fantasy and hope and dream merged into one night of exciting surprise.

It was an explosion of senses and heightened connection. My skin felt tingly and exposed.

I'd never felt such instant passion for a man except for Cole. That, I kept hidden behind the veil of friendship besides those moments when awareness and attraction flickered to life and surged between us. Then we played the game. A dance of tease and innuendo and possibilities that hovers in the periphery waiting to bloom into something extraordinary. Dormant but for the right spark to keep it burning.

A kaleidoscope of shifting perceptions depending on the time and place.

I wondered what time it was. Late definitely. I had an early-morning meeting, but I didn't care anymore.

He strutted through the hallways, opened a door, then I was sprawled on the bed. I sank into the soft, luxurious fabric and sighed. I unzipped my dress and kicked off my shoes. I touched myself, spreading my legs, fingers coated in liquid.

"Let's keep the masquerade alive. No masks or lights except the moon." His voice a strained whisper in the dark.

The door clicked shut, and I heard the lock engage. Curtain rings rattled across wood in the dark as he yanked them open. Moonlight cut a path across the bed. The contrast between shadow and light changed as fingers roamed over my curves. The window opened, and a cool breeze filled the room.

He approached the bed, shirt splayed wide. His intense, steady gaze on me as he calmly shoved down both pants and briefs until he was bare. Heat engulfed me as I waited, eager to explore his body with my hands. I'd been waiting for this moment all night. I felt greedy.

"You're perfect," I said. My eyes fixed on the expanse of skin exposed to me. Every inch of it. From head to heel. I was riveted by the finely sculpted abs. The swirling ink that swept along muscles and led to his groin.

"Mmm... Ohhh..." I couldn't stop moaning as my hand kneaded my breasts and a finger rubbed my clit.

"It's pretty simple." He climbed onto the bed.

"Ahh..." My hips thrust as I watched him stroke the length of his cock. Fluid leaked from the tip and over his fingers. "Ohhh... What is?" His knees rubbed my thighs as he settled between them.

"I'm really very horny when I'm around you." One hand cupped my buttocks as his tongue slid into my mouth. We kissed deeply. Our tongues tangled in a war of taste. His shaft rubbed my pussy and clit until my knees clasped his waist.

I reached out and rubbed my fingers through his hair. The strands felt silky and soft. His eyes held mine. I wanted to see every inch of his beautiful face. He acted before I did. His fingers removed my mask then his own.

"Fuck me," I begged. My hands gripped his waist. 

He grasped my hips and pulled his cock back then aimed it at me. I felt him slide inside, parting me easily. My pussy was swollen and ready for every erect inch of him. He was big. Achingly so, but I wanted him because every moment between us was wrapped in warm golden fairy dust. I needed to capture it and keep it forever to remind myself perfection existed.

My body arched, and my palms slid up the center of his back. Nails pressed into his sweat-slick skin. Our bodies rocked in rhythm in the cool night air as the moon bathed us in a masquerade's show.   

His hips circled then thrust fast and hard, again and again, and again, until white-hot heat burned through my veins, My clit throbbed, and he touched it, pressing his thumb firmly over the top, and I exploded into a million little stars. His hands lifted my legs, spreading them wide as he fucked me in a frenzy. His head thrown back and shouting out his pleasure. My pussy clenched tightly around him. I held him inside where I always wanted him to be.

He collapsed on me. Both of us breathless at the moment. My fingers brushed the hair off his forehead and pressed his head into the crook of my neck. We laid like that for minutes. Bodies joined, and I wondered what destiny had in store. Would this be our only night? I hoped not and had a desperate need to hold on to him fiercely until dawn. 

The silence of the night surrounded us. Peaceful and comforting; caressing us within shadows and light.

He rolled beside me and gathered me in his arms. Our bodies spooned perfectly. His breath was a whisper as he said, "I have a confession to make."

"Tell me."

"I love a woman daring enough to go commando." His lips nuzzled my ear, the muscles of his chest flexing against the smooth skin of my back.

"I like the sound of that."

His hand wiggled under my pillow. "I have another confession to make." Lacy fabric dangled above my face.

I recognized the design and scent. "How did-" His finger pressed on my lips.

"I heard a noise. Turned off the water." His face pressed against mine. "I was in the shower when you entered."

I remembered the humid and hot bathroom. Opening windows. The vase of roses. The challenge to be bold, and, daring. The wish for excitement. The private show I gave him. None of it mattered right now.

I turned to him and kissed his lips. "I'll give you a commando show anytime you want."

He placed my panties on the night table. "I don't want to lose them."

"What if you do?" His face was cast in moonlight and shadow. Like two perfect halves of a whole. The dark and the light. Together but separate. I brushed my lips across each cheek.

"I have a secret." His hand slid into my hair. His lips twitched as he tried not to smile.

"Trust me."

"When I heard you, I watched." His gaze dropped to his lap. "I couldn't pull my eyes away."

I laid my head on his chest as my fingers traced his ribs.

"I have another secret."

"Share with me."

"When you took off your panties I knew you could be my destiny." His fingers slid through my hair. He caught the strands and held them up in the moonlight. "A golden goddess who guides my way. I needed to know you."

I squeezed his hand. "I don't want to let you go."

"Do you know Greek Mythology?" His hand guided mine to the moon shining high in the night sky. "I'm like the moon. Visible across the world."

 

Show me.

 

"Orion was a hunter who Zeus placed among the stars. I'm named for him. I'm a Hunter." He kissed my fingers. "Wherever you arcan find you."

 

"Then hunt me."

I fell asleep in his arms. Content and at peace. When I woke five hours later, he was gone. His clothes, mask, and my panties as if they had never existed. Like the night we spent was a dream of my mind. A fantasy and not real. I asked Cole about the mystery man. He'd missed his party due to work.

It was a whirlwind ten months. Four months of lengthy interviews, in person and on a video feed to hire employees. Visas and permits arranged. Packing, shopping, and wrapping up any loose ends I had. I walked through the house making sure all doors and windows were locked. Everything of value was packed away in secure storage. Keys waited for the caretaker, and alarms were activated.

I'd miss this place.

I needed a quick nap, leaned back in my new leather chair and closed my eyes, shifting to find a comfortable position. After five minutes I regretted throwing out the old one. Sighing, I rested my feet on a chest I'd inherited from my grandmother and let my body relax.

Boom.

I jerked up, startled awake.

Boom.

The front door hit the brass doorstop a second time. I straightened, wincing at my stiff neck.

My stiletto heel caught the indentation in the top brass corner piece. I pressed my heel in slightly then pulled it away, stopping at the audible click. Suddenly, my shoe loosened. The brass lifted, and a two-inch space opened. The edge of a rolled bundle caught my eye as hurried footsteps echoed down the tiled hall. I pushed it back into place quickly, grabbing a nearby blanket and throwing it over the chest.

Cole and a man I'd never seen before entered as the cloth settled.

Just in time. My pulse raced with excitement. Anticipation. I wondered if every chest opened the same.

"What an entrance." I fixed my gaze on the dark-haired man.

Cole winced. "Sorry, it's the wind. Blew the door out of my hand."

"Remember the chests I told you about? They all have the same markings." I gestured to the chest I'd covered.

"Show me." He squatted near the chest.

I looked at Cole. He knew I liked privacy.

"Rio's the expert I told you about," Cole said. "The one who knows all about ships and their history."

"Rio, Thanks for coming," I said relieved. I knelt beside him and pulled the blanket off. "It's in great condition."

"What's the year?" Rio asked. "Are those original beckets?"

"Yes, the original 1850 handles."

His hands rubbed over the wood and brass carefully inspecting the seams. "It's a good piece. One of many I've seen."

"This is what I wanted to show you." I pointed to the middle of the lid. "See the carving?"

Rio leaned in close. "Yes, I've seen that a couple of times." His finger rubbed over the symbols and letters. "What does it mean?"

"Rittinghuysen, from the Netherlands. Knights' Houses." I pointed it out. "There are flowers carved both below and on top. The name Blake has the same, except the flowers are English."

"So, it's two names?" He pulled out his phone and scrolled through pictures. "Like this?"

I inspected the picture. Two Camphor Wood chests sat side by side in a glass case. The names prominently displayed below. "Yes. Exactly like those. Both names but ten chests each."

Rio gazed at the chest then at the picture contemplating both for several minutes.

I wondered if there was something wrong and looked at Cole, but he was engrossed in paperwork.

His eyes swept around the room. "It doesn't have much value. $750.00 sounds about right."

"What?" I gasped. "You're no expert. Anyone can see it's worth more." I was glad I hadn't shown him the real value in the chest.

"Plain ones maybe. Not the ones with names and flowers." Rio rubbed a hand over the carvings. "It makes them hard to sell."

"What is going on?" I glared at Cole. "Did he just lowball my chest?"

I couldn't believe this. How could a shipping expert not know Wiliam Henry Blake?

"Get out!" I pointed at Rio. He startled and backed away.

"Rio, there's been a mistake." Cole grabbed my arm and led me to the table. "She's not selling."

Rio sat across from me. "I thought I was buying your chest."

"I'm prepared to pay full price for all you own."

"Why would you do that?" He looked me over.

"I'm collecting items my family owned." I glared at Rio. "They are important to me."

"I need them too,"

"Not unless you're a Blake or Knight." I smirked. ""Of which I am. Chloe Knight."

"Chloe Knight doesn't have brown hair." Rio taunted. "I've met her before."

"Wanna bet?" I stood and shook out my hair. The chin-length brown wig fell behind my chair.

Rio stared at me. I stared back.

He stood and offered his hand. "Orion Van Horne. Although some know me as Rio."

"I'm sorry." He looked at Cole. "I'm still on a job."

His phone rang, and he was gone in minutes. I didn't know what to feel.

That started the game we played. He refused to tell me why he needed my family's heirlooms. I refused to work with him until he did.

Two weeks later I received a package.

White Roses, a red mask, and a picture of the Eiffel Tower at night. A handwritten note in elegant calligraphy.  

Paris at sunset. For as the day dies the masquerade then comes to life.

 

Published 
Written by TheSensualLady
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments