Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

The Heatwave

"Rachel's love life heats up"

3
1 Comment 1
8.3k Views 8.3k
1.1k words 1.1k words

The sweat trickled down the chest of Rachel as she sat back on the cafe chair. She fanned herself, trying to stave off the heat with no result.

“Im dying,” her long-time best friend Laura said, putting the ice cubes from her drink into her mouth to crunch.

They were both wearing only shorts and vest top but they were still hot as hell and trying to find anyway to cool down.

“I’m going to grab another drink, do you want another one?” Rachel said, moving slowly out of her seat.

“Get me five,” Laura chuckled for a moment before going back to fanning.

Rachel moved towards the entrance to the cafe, going to the counter to order their drinks from the chirpy hostess. The bar was crowded, full of customers trying to stave off the heat, so it took a while to get her attention. “Two cokes, lots and lots of ice!”

The waitress gave a look of understanding. Rachel took sat on a stool to wait: she could see the women was overrun with orders.

All of a sudden Rachel felt a presence to her left, a very warm presence that kicked up her temperature tenfold. She looked over with a hint of annoyance to see an extremely attractive man. His floppy blond hair fell across his forehead, slightly curled with sweat. He had soft green eyes with crinkles in the corner and his jaw was angular. He must have felt her gaze because he turned and looked down at her. It was then she could really appreciate the fact this gorgeous man was shirtless.

Her jaw grew slack as she took in his broad shoulders and tanned skin. Despite the heat, her nipples grew hard at the thought of being held in those thick, muscled arms. She heard a soft chuckle that brought butterflies to her stomach. She looked up into the eyes of the man she had been gawking at and saw the most heavenly smile. Those crinkles were fully deepened and his straight upper teeth were peeking out giving her a blinding flash.

“Um, do we know each other?” he asked doubtfully.

A blush rose to her cheeks and she stuttered to reply. “Oh... um no... no.” She turned back towards the counter, hoping he would ignore her embarrassing response.

Just then his hand shot out in front of her. She slowly turned to face him again and his grin had widened. He looked at her with a knowing glint in his eye.

“Sam,” he said, his low voice causing those butterflies to fly again.

She reached out and took his hand shaking it silently. After a moment his eyes filled with amusement.

“And you are?” he encouraged her.

“Oh... Rachel.” She let go of his hand realising they’d been clasping hands for a lingering amount of time.

“She speaks!” he chuckled, making her blush again.

“Yeah, sorry. The heat is making me crazy I guess.”

“Tell me about it. I work down at the garage and our air con is broken. I had to win a challenging game of rock, paper, scissors with the guys to get the first break.” She chuckled and then he added, “And now I'm even happier”

Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

LiaAmato
Online Now!
Lush Cams
LiaAmato

“Why's that?”

“Because now I've got to hear that amazing laugh of yours.”

Rachel winced, she’d often been called out on the wildness of her laugh. She couldn't hold it back though. “Yeah it's something,” she looked down at her hands.

“Hey!” he growled before grasping her chin and bringing her face back to hers. “I love it. What's with people who laugh quietly. I feel like they’re just being polite and that I didn't make an hilarious joke.”

She laughed louder, “Oh, all your hilarious jokes! You’re very confident aren’t you?”

“I hope I am so I can hear that all the time.” He reached out and pulled an errant hair away from her face to tuck it behind her ear. Her heart stopped for a second as he concentrated on his task. The waitress interrupted the moment as she placed down Rachel’s two drinks. They both blinked rapidly and then he looked down at her cokes and his smile drooped and his jaw clenched.

“Well, I’ll let you get back to your date.” He leaned back, away from her. She thought she would enjoy any loss of heat but she was saddened at his move.

She then registered what he had said. “I'm here with a girlfriend. No date for me.” She stood, “And yeah I’d better get back to her before she collapses from the heat.”

“Oh,” he seemed to be relieved. “Well how about I change that ‘no date’ status?” He smiled sheepishly.

She tried to remain cool on the outside whilst inside she did a happy dance. “Is tonight too soon?”

“No not at all,” he replied quickly. “How about I take you out to dinner tonight at seven?”

“I’d love that.”

“Great,” he replied, before pulling out his phone and asking her to add her number to it so he could text her for her address. When finished, she handed it back and he took the opportunity to clasp her hand and lean into her cheek. He pressed his lips softly to her skin then whispered into her ear, “I can't wait to have you alone.” His lips brushed against the lobe.

Goosebumps raised on her arms and her whole body tingled. “Okay,” she whispered breathlessly then, without looking back at him, she rushed out of the cafe.

“What took you so long?” Laura shouted, practically sprawled out on her chair.

“They were rushed off their feet. And also I may have got talking to a gorgeous guy,” she said nonchalantly sipping on her coke.

“You're saying you left me to die here because you met a guy?”

“A gorgeous guy,” she corrected.

Laura rolled her eyes and took a huge gulp from her drink, sighing with relief. Just then the door opened and Sam walked out with a milkshake in a sealed cup.

“Hey, my break's finished. I’ll see you later Rachel.”

“See ya.” She smiled as he walked away and turned to see Laura staring at his retreating back. “Now do you see what I mean?”

Laura turned back to her, her jaw open. “Hunny, if I'd gone to get the drinks, you'd still be waiting out here.”

They both laughed loudly and, for once, Rachel was not conscious of other people commenting on her wild laugh.

Published 
Written by AbiGreenEyes
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments