Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Blind My Eyes- Chapter 2

"One body, two souls..."

16
6 Comments 6
3.7k Views 3.7k
6.3k words 6.3k words
~oOo~ 
V A L E N T I N A 
Theo was growing more hostile by the second. I was paralyzed with fear because I had never seen his face transform this way.

“Back away from me!”

“I just…”

“I said, stay back!” he furiously raged, his eyes glowing with danger. I watched the dark spider veins fade in and out around his cheekbones. It looked like he was struggling to fight against his supernatural nature.

“Why are you being so aggressive towards me?”

“Isn’t it obvious?” Theo scathingly replied.

His natural eye color began to return, as he finally regained control over the demon.

I steeled myself and replied, “You had no problem sleeping with me not too long ago. Have you forgotten so quickly?”

“I wasn’t sleeping with you, I was with…” He stopped midsentence and turned towards the window again.

“With Violet?” I answered for him. “It was my body you fucked.”

The way I said her name sounded contemptuous, almost like I was jealous.

Theo faced me, looking visibly upset. “Don’t you dare degrade what I shared with her. It wasn’t mindless fucking! I’ve always made love to her, I’ve never just… never mind.”

Was he completely delusional? His “supposed love of his life” looked nothing like me. Was his bond with Violet so strong that he was able to look beyond the physical? From my understanding, sex was everything physical.

“You touched me, you kissed me, you were inside of me!” I repeated, emphasizing the “me” part.

“You watched us?” he narrowed his eyes, crossing those massive arms in his chest. “Well?”

Watched?” I scoffed. “You had sex with me!”

“The situation is too complicated for your human mind to comprehend.” Theo stared me down long and hard before he casually made his way into the kitchen.

“I comprehend it just fine,” I uttered.

Did he really not feel any remorse? My eyes wandered over to where he was standing, watching him open the rundown refrigerator, and pull out what appeared to be a…

“Is that a stolen blood bag?” I asked, looking shocked and disgusted at the same time.

“Straight out of Mercy General.” He smirked.

I had heard of bank robbers, but blood burglars? This was new to me.

“Don’t look at me with those judgy eyes,” Theo glared. “It’s either terrorize the public and feed straight from the vein, or make a weekly visit to the blood bank. Seeing as how I’m a great candidate for donations, technically, I’m not stealing anything. I am an American citizen. I pay taxes—well, actually I don’t, but you get the idea.”

“Not really,” I awkwardly answered.

He sipped back on the crimson liquid, as I carefully watched his eyes with a scrutinizing stare. They weren’t transitioning. Was it anger that triggered those dark veins to appear?

“Will you die without—you know…”

“No, my body will just shut down, sort of like going to sleep. Sleeping death, I suppose.”

I stayed quiet, feeling uncomfortable all of a sudden. This entire situation was so confusing.

Time to explain it as best I can.

“Listen, I have to tell you something.”

“I’m all ears.”

I took a deep breath and mentally processed my first four words. “I’ve been struggling with multiple personality disorder ever since I was old enough to realize.” At a leisured pace, I treaded into the kitchen and continued, “It took a while for doctors to get me on the proper medication and prevent my alter from coming out. I haven’t experienced any fugue states for the past seven years. Not until…”

He waited for me to finish, but I was kind of hoping he understood what I meant.

“Not until you kissed me,” I sighed, getting red in the face.

Theo cursed under his breath. “He was right.”

“Who?”

He tossed the empty blood bag in the trash and said, “No one.”

“Micah?”

That name was enough to make him stand completely still, as he turned his head and locked his gaze on me. “How do you know that name?” There was always this razor sharp edge in his voice that was extremely intimidating.

“He visited me in my dream before I woke up.”

“What did he say to you?” Theo was serious now, but I didn’t want to tell him every single detail.

“He told me things about Violet, who you are, and who he is.”

I left out the details about how he showed me Violet’s romantic history with him instead of telling me.

“Great, that’s bloody marvelous,” Theo grouchily muttered. “Micah! Show yourself, you feathered freak!” he erupted. “I know you can hear me!”

“Um… is it just me, or is there another person in the room that I don’t quite see?” I confusingly questioned.

“He makes it his life purpose to stalk me. I suppose I should be flattered.”

“So, you just yell—and poof, he appears?”

“The bastard always shows up at random.”

Clearly he wasn’t very fond of him.

You tell me to stay away from her, but then you give her sex dreams!? Not so ‘pious’ now, are you, Micah?” he shouted into the air like a madman.

“It wasn’t a sex dream!” I countered back, feeling this urgent need to defend his reputation. “The only person who’s constantly giving off sex vibes is you!”

Theo cocked his head to the side and looked at me inquisitively. “That makes no sense. You do realize that you’re making no sense at all, right?”

“I’m standing in a strange apartment belonging to a self-proclaimed vampire-werewolf…”

“Lycan,” he corrected.

“Whatever. You’ve got me mixed up in your secret fantasy world and…”

“It’s not fantasy. It’s reality, love.”

“Quit interrupting me,” I sighed in frustration. “My point is, I just found out that vampires, lycans, and angels exist, all in less than 48 hours, and you’re telling me that I’m the one who’s not making any sense?”

“How am I giving off sex vibes?” he took a couple steps forward, as I took a step back.

“Jee, I don’t know, maybe because you had sex with me?” I said with sarcasm.

That wasn’t the only reason. I felt attracted to him from the moment he saved me in that dark alleyway. Now that I knew what it felt like to be with him, only increased my desire. I was pretty sure I wasn’t the only one who sexually fantasized about him.

“Anyway, I’ll be leaving now.” I turned around and he appeared in front of me in half a second. “You need to stop doing that!” I shouted, startled half to death.

“You’re not going anywhere.”

“You can’t force me to stay.”

“He warned you, didn’t he?” Theo asked, darkening his eyes.

“It doesn’t matter what he warned. You pretty much violated me, which kind of indicates that you really are the bad guy.”

I felt bad for saying that. The entire experience felt nothing like a violation. It wasn’t like he stripped me of my virtue. I had none. At least that’s how I saw myself.

“Now, if you excuse me, I’m going to finish getting dressed and then I’ll be out of your way for good this time.” I started in the opposite direction, but he grabbed my arm.

“I was caught up in a moment, Valentina. I’ve been living for centuries haunted by memories of Violet.”

Micah showed me those memories. I would’ve been haunted too if I ever experienced a love like that.

“I wasn’t thinking. I acted impulsively. I should’ve stepped back and rationalized what was going on, but in that moment all I wanted was…”

“Look, I know you’re hopelessly in love with her, but this is my body. I have ownership over it, not Violet.”

He stayed silent and let my words sink in. I was only speaking the truth. Violet felt like a visitor, someone who should’ve checked out ages ago.

“I promise never to touch you again.”

Never? Moment of truth… that was seriously the best sex of my life.

"You’ve traumatized me.”

“Believe me, if I could compel you to forget, I would.”

“That’s even worse! You wouldn’t be taking any responsibility for your actions. Giving me a quick fix of amnesia hardly redeems you.”

“You need to understand something,” he communicated. “I’m an abomination. Half beast, half vampire, and a man somewhere in between.” Those same black spider veins began to appear around his eyes. I guess he really could control it at will.

“I’ve committed one too many sins and slaughtered too many to even qualify for a chance at redemption. That wasn’t what I was seeking when I rescued you. I’ve spent what seems to be an eternity trying to wipe out my race, so that I could be reunited with Violet. Running into you last night was an accident. I was on my usual hunt, when we just so happened to cross paths.”

We hadn’t just crossed paths, he heard me screaming and saved my life. He had no idea that Violet was inside me. He saved me. Not her.

Then again, what if he saved me because of a pre-destined love that he shared with her? I began to question in my head.

“You didn’t have to rescue me, but you did. Why?”

“I told you already. I tried to compel you, and it didn’t work, so I brought you back here to try and solve that mystery. Needless to say, the mystery remains unsolved and will probably wind up a cold case. I know I acted like an arse at first, but do you really think I would’ve kicked you out of my flat if I knew she was in there?”

Ouch. That kind of hurt to hear him say that. But to be fair, he did come after me eventually. Micah had not shown me any of his horrendous slaughters. All I had seen in those flashbacks was a loving, romantic Theo that would’ve died for the woman he loved. He was gentle with her, passionate, exclusive. I envied Violet.

“Just please, don’t leave,” Theo gently pleaded.

I had no idea why this was getting me so emotional. Maybe because I felt used, or maybe because I desired to be loved the same way Violet was loved and adored. Some other chick’s soul was inside of me, yet we were two completely different people. I was the kind of girl that liked to wear skinny jeans, crop tops, ripped shorts, and didn’t own a pair of heels because they killed my feet. But whenever Violet took over, my wardrobe style drastically changed to mini dresses, skirts, stilettos, and heavy makeup. The way she walked and talked was totally different to my usual mannerisms. She was a real girly-girl and I… well, I don’t know what I was. I was just me. I guess I was a plain Jane compared to her. Violet was more confident and proud of the way she carried herself. Whenever she took the steering wheel, all I could do was sit back and watch. I had no other choice.

╬ ☩ ╬ ☩ ╬ ☩ ╬ ☩ ╬ 
M I C A H 
There have been moments in my immortal existence where I have questioned the rules of God. Why did he create a legion of angels and restrict us from making contact with his beloved humans? Why not make our presence known to further guide them into the light and thwart the evil around them? I’ve always been on the outside looking in. Breaking my oath for Violet nearly cost me everything.

“Your mind is somewhere else, Micah.”

I turned around and faced my Legion commander, Gabriel. He was an Archangel in Heaven with a respectful reputation in rank and duty. Gabriel was tall, just like myself, had light blue eyes, and his hair was a shade lighter and longer than mine. He was dressed in plane clothing, just like I was, it was our usual disguise when we wanted to blend in with the humans.

“You need to stop watching over the girl,” he warned, stepping beside me.

The sun was setting in the horizon, and I was standing on top of a sky scraper, watching over the civilians as an unseen entity.

“She’s not safe, Gabriel.”

“She is not your responsibility.”

“How can you say that? I’m the reason why her life has turned out the way it has.”

“Our Creator forgave you for your indiscretions and rebellion against The Order.”

“I wasn’t rebelling, I wanted to save her soul.”

“You defied the will of God, and yet he was merciful enough to forgive you. Stop peering into her future and let her decide.”

“Everything I did would have been in vain, don’t you understand?”

“You are not responsible for Valentina’s life. God gave humans the freedom to choose. He offered all of us that same choice, and we have allied ourselves to the Legion of Light.”

This wasn’t news to me, I knew this already. Gabriel had a compulsive habit of reminding me every chance he got.

“She almost killed herself last night. Do you know how it felt to watch her in that bath tub, bleeding out… seconds away from eternal damnation?”

“We are angels, Micah. We follow the will of the Lord because he is all knowing, merciful, and wise. He has blessed us with his abundant love and we must show our gratitude by adhering to The Order.”

“Where is his mercy and compassion when a human forfeits their life? What if all the suffering and pain on this earth is too great for a sensitive soul to bear?”

“Nothing justifies suicide, Micah. I warn you, do not question him the same way Lucifer did. It will not bode well. The world is populated with billions of people. If every human decided to end their life by the masses, what would be left? What purpose would that serve? The gift of life is a blessing to all, be it a tree or a fish. It is all of God’s creation. Adam and Eve were created in his very image and…”

“And he cast them out of the Garden of Eden when they defied him,” I interrupted. “He cursed them when they ate the forbidden fruit.”

“Do not speak blasphemy!” Gabriel cautioned. “You serve the Legion of Light. To be what we are is an honor. When you speak such desecration, it makes me question your faith in our Creator.”

I questioned my own purpose many times. That was no secret. I guess that’s why Gabriel always felt the need to counsel me like an older brother.

“Lucifer walks the earth with his demon army,” he went on. “Do the humans know this? Some, perhaps. But as time goes on, the love of God will diminish in the hearts of humanity, until we reach the end of times and the great reckoning arrives. The Earth is corrupted. It’s always been this way ever since Lucifer besmirched it with sin. Our purpose is to maintain a balance. This is a holy war we are fighting, Micah. Turn your attention towards the greater purpose. Valentina does not belong in your world. Do not make the same mistake you made with Violet.”

“She doesn’t know who Theo truly is,” I replied. “Theo doesn’t even know.”

“And he must remain forever ignorant to the truth. The girl will be his undoing.”

~oOo~ 
V A L E N T I N A
Theo had gone out for a huge majority of the afternoon. He told me if I left, he would hunt me down and drag me back here by force, so there really was no point in running. It’s not like I wanted to go. I didn’t have a place to stay anymore. I was officially evicted and all my stuff was surely to be repossessed. He said that I shouldn’t worry about it. And I quote him when I say, “there’s nothing that compulsion can’t cure.”

Then how come it doesn’t work on me? I pondered the thought, as the tub filled with warm water.

My iPhone was on top of the vanity, playing Lana Del Ray’s album, Born to Die. I managed to find some candles in a cabinet before I entered the bathroom. I lit them one by one, placing them around the sink and window sill, and then I switched off the light. With a drop of my towel, I carefully stepped into the tub. It felt so good to be submerged in warmth. My muscles were aching after the passionate love making that my body experienced earlier in the day. Theo kept going for hours and hours. No human could be able to last as long as he did and recover so fast. I felt slightly aroused just thinking about it.

Leaning back, I rested my neck on the edge of the tub and shut my eyes. Last night was a bit terrifying. I was in such a bad state of mind. If Theo had not saved me when I he did, I surely would’ve released my last breath before it was lights out. Permanently. I tried to push the images away and focus on other things.

Everything’s going to be okay. Just relax , I kept telling myself.

As I slowly slipped away into soothing serenity, something started dripping on my forehead. I opened my eyes and looked up.

Oh dear God… no… no…

Aaaaahhhh!” My shrieking screams became garbled under the water. I couldn’t breathe. Something or someone was trying to drown me. I tried to fight against it, but it was no use. The invisible adversary was much stronger than me.

evaliu
Online Now!
Lush Cams
evaliu

I could feel my heart rate slowing by the second, as the soapy bathwater turned blood red.

“Valentina!”

Someone was shouting my name. I blacked out for a second and felt my body being pulled out of the water. Gasping for breath, I nearly coughed up a lung and trembled in fear. Theo was looking at me with his glistening grey eyes, and that’s when I quickly covered my breasts in embarrassment.

Did he barge in here? I wondered. The hinges on the bathroom door were broken.

Staring up at the ceiling, I expected to find the bloody phantom, but she was gone.

“Wh… what…” I sounded delirious.

“Do I really need to supervise you around the clock? Or is this going to be a regular thing now, suicidal bath time?” Theo’s gaze was intense, enough to make me shiver.

“I… I don’t… what happened?”

“I came home about a minute ago, repeatedly knocked on the door to check on you, but you didn’t respond. I would’ve left you alone, but I heard your heart beat slowing down, so I suspected you were trying to drown yourself. When I barged in I…”

“You didn’t see the blood?” I cut him off.

“Blood? What blood?” he looked at me as if I were crazy.

In an effort to calm myself, I took a moment to just settle back to reality, hugging my knees to my chest. “I know you probably think I need to be checked into a psych ward at this point, but I swear what I saw was real. I closed my eyes for just a second and then something started dripping on my face. Once I looked up, I saw…” I hesitated.

“Well?” Theo grumbled impatiently, folding his arms against his muscled chest.

“I saw Violet. The image was straight out of a horror movie. It was like she was stuck to the ceiling. Her body was covered in blood. I screamed, and that’s when someone started to drown me under the water.”

He was silent for a while, and then he said, “You probably nodded off and fell asleep. Hence, the drowning.”

“But it felt real!”

“Look, I know I’m a supernatural being, but there’s a fine line between reality and illusion. Try not to confuse the two.”

“Learning about your world makes it difficult for me to distinguish between what’s real and what isn’t,” I argued.

“Trust me, sweetheart. You know nothing of my world. Not yet, at least.” He rolled up his shirt and took it off. It must’ve gotten soaked when he pulled me out of the water. I wanted to look away, but I couldn’t. It wasn’t Violet who wanted to stare at that sculpted physique, it was entirely my own desire. “What do those tattoos mean?” They resembled tribal markings.

Theo ignored my question and hung his shirt over the radiator.

“Are you going to tell me where you went this evening?” I nervously asked.

“Are you going to stop asking me all these bloody questions?” He glared.

The man—excuse me, vampire, no, wait—Hybrid, was so hot and cold. One second he appeared to be well tempered, and the next moment he was losing it, completely going ballistic on me.

“Out of the tub,” he demanded, handing me a towel while looking in the opposite direction.

“Why look away? It’s nothing you haven’t seen before.” I stood up and wrapped the white towel around my naked body.

“I figured you’d want to maintain your modesty, since you were so quick to cover up at the first sight of me.” His smirk was subtle, but I definitely caught it.

“Do you want to stare?”

Why am I flirting with him? I wondered.

“You do not want to continue this conversation with me, Valentina.”

I stepped out of the tub and tried not to gawk at his perfection.

“I know that’s how Violet died—in the bath tub, I mean. I’m sorry you found me that way last night. I regret it.”

“No point in regret. It does nothing for you,” Theo stated with a brooding expression.

“Why do you say that?”

“That’s just how I feel about it,” he exhaled in frustration. “Anyway, you should dress yourself and get to bed. You need your rest for tomorrow.”

“What’s happening tomorrow?”

He stopped at the doorway and looked back at me. “I found a way to help you. You will no longer be Violet’s host.”

“What do you mean?”

“Isn’t it pretty self-explanatory? I’m getting her out of your body.”

Whoa. How was he going to manage that?

“Don’t you think you’re twenty-one years too late?” My question held doubt.

“I’ve found a way to solve your problem. I’m sure you don’t want to live the rest of your life sharing a body with someone else.”

“And here I thought I always had dissociative personality disorder,” I muttered.

“I refuse to share her with you.”

Was I that bad of a person to share a body with? I suddenly felt really self-conscious.

“Why the glum face?” he noticed. “I thought you’d be ecstatic.”

“I am, I just… it’s a little… I don’t know. It might not be a big deal for you, but last night you were intimate with me. And I know what you’re going to say, ‘I was with Violet, not you,’ but I experienced it too, and I’m having difficulty dealing with…” I took a deep breath and averted my eyes. I couldn’t look at him. I couldn’t show him how absolutely vulnerable I was when all he gave me was this stone cold stare.

“I told you, it won’t happen again.” Theo stepped towards the broken door and looked back again to say something, but then changed his mind.

He made me feel so small and insignificant, even if it wasn’t his intention. Maybe it was because I knew he wasn’t entirely human. Everything about him was so daunting in a way. He could walk into a room and the hairs on the back of my neck would stand on end. I wasn’t sure if it was an emotional knee-jerk reaction, or if it was because I was afraid of him. Perhaps a little bit of both.

***** 
The Dante family was a European industrial, political, and banking family living in the United States. They made the world’s largest fortunes, investing in the oil business and several real estate institutions. By rightful reputation, they were the most powerful family in the world, but what the general population didn’t know was that the fate of the world was spinning on the finger of one man, and he was not human. He was an 814 year old vampire named Enoch Dragor, but everyone in the corporate world knew him as Ethan Dante.

Enoch had lived through what seemed to be an eternity, rising his position of power through the centuries alongside his most trusted advisors who had sworn into the blood oath before they became creatures of the night. Enoch lived in a huge mansion in New York, and he had many homes all over the world. He was tall in stature, had short blonde hair, ice blue eyes, and he always dressed in the most extravagantly expensive suits. His skin color was pale and sickly white since he could not walk in the sun. But that never stopped him from achieving all that he had.

It was a little past midnight when Enoch opened the double doors that led to his home conference room.

“You’re all here, wonderful.” He flashed a wicked smile and closed the doors behind him.

The room was furnished with a large antique table that was long and rectangular. There were custom carpentered chairs surrounding it. Every room in the mansion was constructed with high ceilings and the curtains were always drawn back at sun down. Unlike his global offices, his home maintained its original baroque styled architecture. There was a crystal chandelier that hung above the table and five of those chairs were occupied with suited men. They appeared youthful, attractive, and well groomed.

“So glad you could all join me tonight,” said Enoch, taking a seat at the head of the table. “I know we don’t normally conduct our meetings this way, but it was necessary.”

One of his butler’s entered on call, holding a tray full of wine glasses that were filled with blood.

“Really, Enoch?” said one of his colleagues, sliding his glass to the side in distaste. “You insult us. You know I only drink blood when it’s pouring out of a human’s neck.”

“The blood has already been drained from the vein, just minutes ago.”

The man tapped his fingers on the table in annoyance.

Enoch rolled his eyes and relented. “Pierre,” he addressed his butler. “Please bring in the livestock.”

“Right away, sir.”

A minute later, three brunettes, two blondes and one red head entered the room. Each of the women were dressed in tight black mini dresses and black pumps with ample cleavage. They looked very provocative and desirable. Enoch had adorned them with expensive jewelry.

“Ah, that’s more like it,” said the man in the pinstripe suit. He motioned the red head forward, and she seated herself on his lap.

“Pierre, you may escort Lila out of the conference room. Her services won’t be needed tonight.”

“Not hungry, Enoch?” another man asked.

“I’m not picky like the rest of you.”

“Come over here, sweetheart. Sit on my lap,” said the vampire in the dark blue suit and red tie. He had long dark hair that curled at the ends, and a trimmed goatee.

The women groaned when the vampires began to feed on their necks.

“Careful not to drain them dry. They are my finest,” Enoch warned.

Once the men had their fill of blood, the women were led out of the room, while each vampire wiped their mouths with a handkerchief.

“So, what was so important that you had to demand our presence on such short notice?”

“Do you want the long version or the short version?” asked Enoch.

The men looked at each other before one of them said, “Give it to us straight.”

“We have a bit of a fiasco,” he regarded each one of his colleagues and said, “The girl is alive, and Theo has found her. We must eliminate this problem.”

~oOo~ 
V A L E N T I N A 
I was running down a dark tunnel, screaming and scared out of my mind. Someone was chasing me, and even though I had no idea who it was, I was too afraid to look back. Why was this nightmare happening again? I tried to force myself to wake up, but it wasn’t working. The person or thing that was after me was panting really hard and rough.

Come on, wake up! Wake up!

A bright light suddenly flooded the tunnel, and the next thing I saw was a figure of a man flying towards me. I couldn’t see his face. It was hard to keep my eyes open due to the blinding light. Someone grabbed my body and the next thing I heard was the wind howling in my ears.

~oOo~
“Open your eyes, Valentina.”

That voice. I recognized that magical voice and looked up. Micah’s kind eyes were staring right through me, as I lost myself in his worldly allure. I wasn’t inside that dreadful tunnel anymore, instead I was…

“We’re… we’re…” I stuttered in panic.

“Don’t worry, I won’t let you fall,” Micah smiled warmly, wrapping an arm under my legs so that he was cradling me in the air. “See? I got you.”

We were floating in the sky, right above New York City.

“Micah,” I gasped. “Your wings!” The edges had been burned off and a good portion of his white feathers had turned to ash, cinders flying off like glowing embers on coal. “Were they on fire?”

“Don’t worry, it’ll l heal.”

“How did you find me? I’m still dreaming, right?”

“You were having a nightmare. I was waiting for you to fall asleep so that I can enter your dream and communicate with you, but something strange happened. You had astral projected into a demon realm. I had to cross over to find you and pull you out of it. Angels are not restricted to any of the realms, but when we enter a territory governed by Lucifer, our wings will burn.”

“Are you saying I was stuck in some Hell dimension?”

“Not exactly,” he replied. “It’s too complicated to explain, Valentina.”

“I’ve always thought they were nightmares. I mean, it’s happened many times before, but I always managed to wake myself up.”

“You have the ability to astral project, which means you can cross over to other spirit worlds that other humans cannot see. It’s rare and dangerous. I’m just glad I was able to rescue you in time.”

“Did you see what was behind me?”

“A demon.”

I always knew there was something sinister and evil chasing me.

“I don’t know what’s scarier, floating midair with you at the moment, or finding out that one of my freakiest nightmares is actually really.” I locked my arms around his neck tighter.

“I can protect you,” Micah murmured.

I felt like Lois Lane in Superman’s arms. The only difference was that Micah was not dressed in blue tights and a red cape, and he wasn’t super human. He was— well, an angel. I looked down at the city lights that were twinkling in the darkness. This was better than a helicopter ride. This was beyond incredible.

“I’m not astral projecting at the moment, am I?”

I wasn’t hearing any music like I had the last time I was with Micah.

“I’m not actually holding onto your physical body at the moment, I’m carrying your essence, your spirit.”

I listened to the sound of his wings stretching up and down. We were high enough to avoid running into any buildings, but we weren’t quite up in the clouds.

“But you needn’t fear, Valentina,” he added. “I will restore it back into your body before you wake.”

I guess that explained that strange feeling I would occasionally experience in my sleep, like I fell out of the sky and landing face first on my mattress. This was all so unreal. My life had completely changed overnight and I was discovering things that had apparently existed for thousands of years, millions maybe? It was a lot to take in.

We were airborne for a while until Micah flew downwards and safely landed on his feet on top of a building. He wasn’t wearing anything except for a pair of jeans.

“Can anyone see us?” I asked, slipping out of his arms and standing.

“No.”

“Where are we?”

“On top of Theo’s apartment building.”

Right, I was still fast sleep in his bed. Almost forgot.

“So, what did you want to talk to me about?”

Micah seemed unsure at first, but he softened his aquatic eyes and closed the space between us, caressing my cheek. “You didn’t listen to my warnings.”

“I tried to leave, but he won’t let me. Theo says he’s found a way to take Violet out of my body.”

“That could be dangerous. How does he intend to do that?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know the details, but at this point I’m kind of desperate to live my life for me and not have to take medication forever to keep my altar,” I paused, “I mean, Violet, from taking over.”

“I understand your feelings, but you need to trust me, Valentina. Being around Theo will bring you more harm than anything.”

“He said he would just hunt me down if I tried to escape. Isn’t there a way to stop him? You must be more powerful than him, aren’t you?”

He wavered and stared off into the city. “Things are not so simple. There are rules I must abide by.”

“Who’s rules?”

“God’s.”

Duh. Stupid question. 

“How come you can visit me in my dreams, but not in person while I’m awake?”

“It’s complicated.”

“How can I run away, if he will only find me anywhere I go?”

Micah appeared troubled. “I will speak to my legion commander. I know you didn’t ask for this. I apologize sincerely.”

“Why should you apologize? You’re not responsible for any of this.”

His eyes were faded to sadness, and then he looked up to sky in distraction.

“What’s wrong?”

Was there something he was hearing or seeing that I couldn’t?

“I am being summoned,” he anxiously answered. “I must go.”

I was disappointed that my time with him would be so short.

“Before I leave, I want to give you this.” He took my left wrist and slowly waved his hand over it. Glowing light radiated from his palm, and when it stopped, I noticed a foreign symbol had been tattooed on my skin.

“This will protect your spirit from travelling to demon realms.”

I wanted to thank him, but I was up in his arms again without warning.

“I will return you to your body now.”

He really did take my breath away. I had to remind myself to focus on other things because the first time we met, Micah told me that he could read my thoughts.

We floated downwards through concrete walls and floors as if we were ghosts. Nothing hurt, and I felt light as a feather. Micah lowered us down to Theo’s suite, until he was directing hovering over my sleeping body. I had a bird’s eye view, as I watched myself in the darkness.

“I will come for you again, Valentina,” he whispered, as he gently lowered me into my body.

There was no forceful impact this time, and I opened my eyes as soon as I felt the connection. Micah was gone, and the first thing I did was check my wrist. The symbol was still there.

What if I’m actually locked up in a padded cell at a loony bin and just hallucinating all of this? I was beginning to doubt my reality because everything was just so surreal.

***** 
No angel shall defy the will of the Creator. No angel shall mate with a human or be enamored by a human. Violation of these laws will result in severe consequences effective immediately.

Micah kept repeating the sacred oath he took when he joined the Legion of Light. He was standing on a clock tower, watching the sunrise in the horizon.

“You’re developing strong feelings for the girl, Micah. Michael won’t be happy.”

“I know, Remiel,” he sighed. “I know.”

The two angels stood side by side, watching daybreak in a vanilla sky. Micah always favored a sunrise over a sunset, because it symbolized God’s blessing; the great light to govern the day. 

"I need to save her," said Micah. "Even if it means losing it all."

Published 
Written by SweetestSins
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments