Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Forever in the Underworld, chapter I

"A creature of the night recounts the beginning of her making."

3
1 Comment 1
5.3k Views 5.3k
1.5k words 1.5k words
“Be careful, boy. There are things in the forest that would scare any man out of his wits. I would not wish for you to experience everything I have been through. It may have been over a century ago, but the creatures of the forest do not fade like humans. It’s the same with their hatred towards the daywalkers.”

“You want to know what happened to me? I’ll tell you if you promise to leave as soon as the day breaks, and never come back to this place until I come for you. And I trust you’ll never tell anyone about me or what you’ve seen?”

He rests his hand on my left breast and carefully pinches the bare nipple between his thumb and index finger. I can still feel the tingling sensation between my legs from where he has just withdrawn. I give him a soft kiss on the lips and enjoy his caresses with closed eyes and deep breaths, savouring the moment.

“Of course, my beautiful. But I cannot say I’ll never come here again. I know already now that my memories of you will bring me back at any time. But though my mind can never leave, my body shall stay away, longing for the day you come. I will dream of you forever, and keep the memories of you in my heart. But never will I endanger you by sharing your secret with the outside world. My world.” His soft words, and unmistakable affection move me, and already I am regretting my words.

“It all happened a long time ago. I was a different person back then. You may not believe it, but I was somewhat like you. A young boy looking for adventure and escape from the trivial life of ordinary people. Infected by the same stories you have heard. Stories of horrible and beautiful creatures, living in places which have never seen the sun. Walking silently amongst long shadows cast by the silvery moon.”

-----

I grew up close to the woods and was fascinated with the folklore of elves, fairies and trolls. In spite of the vicar’s persistent teachings I believed everything my grandparents told me. I knew they existed and wanted to find them. To prove to myself that I was right and they were wrong. To bring back something that would show my parents that we weren’t alone in the wilderness.

For weeks at a time I would search the deep forests, lakes, cliffs, mountains, valleys and rivers without finding anything. I lifted rocks, squeezed through small burrows and spent hours listening to the wind until one day, to my surprise, I actually found that which I was looking for.

I was on my way home, struggling past a rocky crevasse when I caught a glimpse of something in the corner of my eye. It was a small green gem wedged deep down between huge boulders. As I scrambled down to pick it up I saw a passage leading further down into the darkness. I hastily pocketed the stone, and with hopes that there might be more like it I crawled on, feeling my way with both hands under the slowly fading sunlight.

As the bright, yellow sun disappeared from view, I feared that I might not reach the end of the cave without an artificial source of light. Moments later, only a faint, greenish sheen illuminated my view, but still I crawled on, determined to explore as much as I could before even this glow vanished. After all, there was no mistaking the way back.

There wasn’t much in the sense of riches, but there was a staggering amount of bones and tufts of fur lying about. I reckoned this had to be a fox or badger burrow as a wolf or a bear would never fit through this narrow passage.

It wasn’t until the green light actually began to glow brighter that I realized it should have been pitch black here. The light seemed not to come from above, but rather come from the rocks themselves. As my eyes adjusted to the conditions, I found I could see almost as clearly as I would outside in moonlight.

The passage seemed to stretch on for some distance before ending in a larger cave. I knew that turning around now would be difficult due to the crammed position, and who knew what was ahead? Maybe the underfolk were there? Maybe the gem’s siblings? My curiosity got the better of me, and with a grunt I squeezed through the end of the tunnel and fell to the floor of a wide passageway.

AdeleMoran
Online Now!
Lush Cams
AdeleMoran



Finally I could stand upright. My limbs ached from the static position, and I felt compelled to begin moving. So I started exploring along the passage. There was some draft through the tunnel, and a strong, musky smell reached my nostrils from somewhere beyond a bend. Confident that I could easily slip back through the small passage if anything unexpected should happen, I continued, careful and soundless. As I peeped around the next corner, I was greeted with a horrible sight. A huge, ugly face was looking in my direction, with a round, heavy nose vibrating steadily as if catching some vile scent.

My heart skipped several beats as I became aware that the creature had noticed me. Before I could turn to run, a huge fist, with astounding speed clenched around my neck and lifted me off the ground. A deep, growling voice told me there were more of them. Their language was crude and ancient, but I could understand most of it.

“Look at this! A human. What’s it doing down here?!”

“Shan’t we eetit?”

“Fool!” The larger creature, the one that was holding me and easily resisting my attempts at escape, punched the other in the head with a blow that would have reduced me to pulp. “We must give’im to the King. He handles such things.”

“Yes Burr. You boss.”

With the frightening, although short, conversation repeating itself inside my head, I was carried down the passage towards a faint sound like a chorus of voices, sometimes interrupted by a deep sound like an avalanche or thunder. Fear surged After what seemed like several hours, and a confusing array of passages, caves and hallways, we finally entered the source of the distant sounds. through me and turned my breath into rapid, gasping pulses, making me dizzy and disoriented. With a strange mixture of panic and resignation I knew that I had failed horribly in memorizing our path. A large gathering of creatures were present in the huge hall. Towering, broad trolls were standing amidst small, delicate fairies and tiny dwarves. Grotesque, frightening, ugly and some incredibly beautiful faces turned towards us and stared in wonder.

Towering above them all was a creature so large that he left even the biggest of the remaining trolls in black shadows. He was sitting on an elevated dais, wearing a crown of massive gold, inlaid with gems, some as large as my fist. Through the mist of terror and hopeless despair, I somehow noticed a hole in the crown where a stone was missing. The troll-king’s face was wrinkled and weatherbeaten, but something about him made him less frightening than his kin. His eyes were crystal clear, revealing centuries of wisdom and intelligence. I could only hope that was something good.

”What is the meaning of this, Burr? Why do you bring a human down here.”

“I didn’t take him, my Lord. He had somehow found his way down into the River Passage. I bring him to you, King, so that you may decide who gets him.”

“Then I am grateful. You have discovered a threat to our secrecy. For this, I give him to you. Cook him any way you wish.”

Those words made me mad with fear. I kicked and screamed, fighting like a maniac to free myself from the impending doom. In my frenzy the gem I found at the entrance dropped from my pocket and fell to the floor with a sound like the tiniest of bells.

The silence that followed was just as terrifying as the commotion before.

-----

“The night is near ending. You must go now. But promise me we’ll meet again.”

“Nothing can stop me. I already miss lying here with you and feeling your blossom’s warm embrace. Perhaps afterwards you can tell me the rest of your tale.”

“That I will. Now go.”

He gives me one long, wonderful kiss on my lips before we part. He stands up, and I study his naked body, shining in the silvery moonlight. I continue to lie in the soft, green moss and smile as he slowly makes his way down amongst the trees. Tears drip from my chin and quickly vanish in the soft ground.

Published 
Written by Dividence
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments