Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Forever in the Underworld, chapter IV

"With my descision to stay in the underworld, life takes an unexpected turn."

2
1 Comment 1
3.3k Views 3.3k
1.9k words 1.9k words
This is the first night in a long time that I lay my eyes upon my lover. I have heard him several nights in a row, calling my name and wandering restlessly through the deep forest.

My instincts tell me that I should approach him cautiously. Let him see just a hint of me before retreating again. Make him desire and follow me. Cultivate his lust like a farmer grows his crops. Play his own feelings against him until he can think of nothing but me.

I curse my flesh and try to organize my own feelings. My body yearns for his caresses, and I find it hard to resist. How can I know if he really loves me. And how do I know if it is him I love?

-----

After it became known that I had abandoned all thought of ever returning to my own people, some of the trolls actually treated me more kindly. There was still much of the harassment, but I began to feel that the coming physical change would have positive sides. Skuld was pleasant as always, but I could also sense that she looked at me with genuine affection and appreciation for leaving my old life behind for her.

In troll society, as it was when humans still practiced it, magic was considered feminine, something uncontrollable and dangerous, just as the female spirit. There were no sorcerers, only sorceresses, two headed axes, respected and feared. As a female, Skuld had some knowledge of the magics of her people. She understood what was necessary and did all the arrangements for my upcoming change. The magical secrets were kept by a few of the oldest troll hags, but all girls and women had to some degree been familiarized with the basics. Everything depended upon different herbs and ingredients meant to stimulate the forces dwelling in all things. She filled me in on what I needed to know and nothing more.

I would be given a potion to prepare my soul for the dying of my body and release unto a new vessel. As a stroke of irony, there was only one person who knew how to make such a drink. She was Burr’s own mother, but Skuld assured me that everyone who was allowed intimate knowledge of troll magic held their secrets and integrity higher than anything else. To misuse the magic would mean to rebel against the forces of nature themselves. I had a hard time trusting her words. I was going to die, and was more than uneasy at leaving it in Burr’s influence.

Finally, the night came, and Skuld led me from our home and down a series of corridors. I could see other trolls moving in the same direction through every intersection and crossing. There weren’t many big occasions in my new society. Clearly, this was something everybody wanted to witness.

The air slowly became colder and less damp, and I realized that we were on our way outside. My heart rejoiced as we stepped through a large opening in the rock. Finally, after so many weeks I was allowed to breathe fresh air once more. A pang of remorse came over me as I remembered that I was soon to become a troll. Breathing fresh air didn’t matter anymore. My life on the surface was over.

All the dwellers of the underground kingdom were standing before us, circling a small lake bordered by moss and peat. The blue-white moon was sending its cold beams towards us, covering everybody in a sheen that reminded me of the soft cover of newly fallen snow. The black chasm of water before me currently acted as a stage for the elves, gliding effortlessly across the surface in a twirling, smoke-like dance, whispering barely audible, incoherent words to each other.

An old crone moved towards us and offered me a golden cup filled to the brim with a dark brown, smoking brew. I could smell the characteristic scent of wild garlic and pine bark through a mixture of various herbs and minerals. I had dreaded this moment ever since I decided to join Skuld’s people, and with tears in my eyes I emptied the cup, making sure to catch every last drop. She watched me with her crystal clear, blue eyes, filled to the brim with water. My own eyes were like rivers, sending torrents of tears down into the dark pond.

Determined to get this over with, I followed my fiancée’s instructions and leapt heedlessly into the dark water. Silvery bubbles rose to the surface as I emptied my lungs and felt my body slowly begin to sink into the blackness. The last thing I saw was Skuld’s white dress sparkling in the moonlight as she slowly faded from view, replaced by sheer darkness and panic.

I tried to release the pressure to my nose and sinuses, but nothing could be done about my emptied lungs. As my body began to scream for air, I panicked and felt my heart beating rapidly. I knew this was part of the change, but fear overwhelmed me and seized control. The lack of oxygen affected my mind and thoughts, and I began to wave my arms and try swimming upwards. I had to reach the surface. This was the only thought in my head as I tried to ascend, but everything remained black, and I knew it was too late. Screaming with the last few bubbles of air left in me, I lost consciousness.

The next moment I remember was just like the previous.

milfmolly05
Online Now!
Lush Cams
milfmolly05

I was still deep in the lake, desperate for air. My empty lungs pulsed in competition with my heart, and my arms and feet flailed around me like wings, desperately fighting to swim higher and higher. Spots began to appear before my eyes, and I once again felt the dizziness overwhelm me and threaten to steal my composure. I was drowning again. I blinked and blinked, but although most of the spots vanished, one of them stayed and slowly began to grow.

Irritation replaced the panic, and I became determined to remove the last of the spots. I wanted to die alone. With nothing around me but darkness. I focused the last remnants of my mind on this new task, and it became like an obsession. I could see it before me, just out of reach. I desperately tried to catch it and make it vanish, but all it did was expand. This seemingly meaningless task was the only thing that kept me from drowning, and just as I began to think that the whiteness would grow to engulf me completely, I broke the surface.

Dizziness overwhelmed me as fresh, cold, night air filled my lungs and rejuvenated every part of my aching body. My mind slowly cleared, and I realized that the white patch still remained. Skuld’s white dress still shone like silver in the moonlight, and I knew she had saved me.

I scrambled up on the moss and was about to embrace her when I heard a roaring sound of thunder surround me from all directions. I looked around, and all of the trolls, elves, fairies, nymphs and the rest of the fairy folk were facing me and laughing. The look of contentment and joy on Burr’s ugly face told me that something was definitely wrong. He would never be joyed that I was alive. I looked down and saw the result of the change.

Long tufts of silvery white fibers fell into view as I bent my head. They barely touched the dark, sensitive tips of two round mounds protruding from my chest. In spite of the obvious physical traits, the first thing that went through my mind was puzzlement as to my still human skin. I had believed that my new form would be covered in coarse grey or green hide, sparsely covered in hairs and warts. This skin was smooth and pale, reflecting the moonlight without the slightest hint of unevenness.

Slowly, just like my vision had cleared when I ascended the lake, I began to realize that the change had gone horribly wrong. Below the unmistakable female breasts was a slightly rounded belly, showing a hint of hair at the bottom, leading down towards the area where my genitals had once been. I didn’t dare bend further down to examine myself. Skuld was standing in front of me, staring in bewilderment, but not laughing like the others. That was the moment I knew I would always love her. The look on her face was of confusion and anger, rather than amusement.

“Look what a fine troll he has become! This is only too fitting for the human maggot.”

Burr’s words were followed by another wave of laughter which seemed to spur him on in his successful attempt to ridicule me. Blood surged to my cheeks, and I felt embarrassed beyond words.

“At least he does not need to pretend being a man anymore.”

The laughter increased to a roar that echoed back from the high cliffs above. I was about to talk back, but Skuld took my hand and gave me a harsh look of warning. I was a woman now, and women did not oppose men publicly. The rage that welled up inside me and threatened to hurl itself at Burr was immense. He was the one who had done me wrong. He was the reason the transformation had failed. Who was he to make fun of my situation? And he was going to get away with it! This had been his plan all along. This was worse than being human. No one would ever treat me with respect now. Least of all Skuld.

With her hand still on my wrist, she led me away through the crowd as she had done before. I followed her, immensely glad to remove myself from the center of attention.

-----

I decide that this has to be the last time. I cannot do this to him anymore. His hollow cheeks tell me that this has gone on for far too long. The once mighty arms that held me are nothing more than bone and tendons. The eyes that used to shine with affection and desire now remind me of the cracked surface of a marsh puddle in late summer.

Where he once followed my tale with fascination and attention, he can now only lie panting and listen as he slowly drifts into a shallow unconscious. I feel more alive and invigorated than in a long time.

His unsteady breath is nothing like the soothing pulse that used to lull me to sleep beside him in the clear nights before. I do not feel like sleeping. I feel like I should leave him here. I fight the desire to do so and spend the night watching over him like a wounded cub. Before day breaks, I am gone and know I will never see him again. Though my body feels great, the pain in my soul is far greater. I have destroyed this man. Ruined his life for what? He could not repair the lacuna in my heart. No man will ever do.

Published 
Written by Dividence
Loved the story?
Show your appreciation by tipping the author!

Get Free access to these great features

  • Create your own custom Profile
  • Share your erotic stories with the community
  • Curate your own reading list and follow authors
  • Enter exclusive competitions
  • Chat with like minded people
  • Tip your favourite authors

Comments