Topic RUMPLATIONS: Honky Tonk and Cyber Bar
15 Apr 2017 04:26
Greetings. First an announcement.
The final chapter to TouchofGray's outstanding series, 'Long, Hot Summer' has just been posted. I seldom campaign for RR's, and I'm not going to do so now. ...but I am going to campaign for this last chapter to be given serious consideration for an, EP. Yep, I think it's that good.
Here's the link...maybe. Reading the other chapters first would be best, of course, but this one can stand alone. So check it out then you can come back and thank me for this 'heads-up'.
Jen, many thanks for the opening, so to speak. Glad to have such an honest, upstanding group.
What do you know? It only took three tries to get that damn link working. Me, I need a drink. Anybody want to join me?
Wow, that's quite an endorsement! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I'm inclined to ask for a little something extra in my coffee just to celebrate!
Seriously, thanks for being such a generous advocate. I'm flattered, and much, much obliged.
Topic RUMPLATIONS: Honky Tonk and Cyber Bar
12 Apr 2017 13:52
MP, you are one brave soul. To salute that courage, what about a double-BBB? Do ya want some coffee for a chaser?
Lillly, here's a double-handful of poppers and a tall, Ms Temple. BTW, there's a series titled 'Long, Hot Summer' by TouchofGray which I can recommend. I believe the latest chapter is on the main page. I'm hoping someone else will read his stuff and let me know what they think.
So who wants a drink?
Barkeep, I just want to thank you most sincerely for your very kind endorsement. Both you and Ms. Black have been unstintingly generous in your praise, and I appreciate it mightily.
Also, more thanks for the invitation to your little establishment here. Make mine a very, very dry Absolut martini, up, with a twist, and teeth-zingingly cold.
Topic Share some of your stories - invitation to self-promote
24 Jan 2017 11:17
1) The one you wish more people had seen. I don’t think I’ve written that one yet. And it seems to frequently happen that what the writer has the greatest affection for, the reader seems cold to it. Of the smattering of things I’ve published here, Wren in Love comes closest to being a favorite of mine, and it was only lightly read. B & E is a close second to Wren in Love, and of course it had the least readership of all. See No. 9 below.
2) Character that you've written that you'd most like to spend a night with Wren Vane, from Wren in Love, but mostly because she and I are more similar in tone and tint of mind, and I would enjoy her company outside of the bedroom.
3) Most interesting female character. The female correspondent, A Muse Amused, in Post-Modern Love, Part 1. She may be slightly bitter and lonely, but she’s sharp and acerbic and almost bending toward the philosophical in her erotic pain. There is a part 2, but I haven’t been able to bring myself to submit it yet.
4) Most interesting male character. Bobby and Eric in B & E. When I finished that story, I could imagine writing about one or the both again. It’s not that they’re all that interesting in that story, but I see potential for them. Also, they seem like the only male characters in my posted stories that aren’t flat out dimwits or douchebags.
5) Story whose success surprised you. Haven’t been so lucky to see anything I would remotely call successful.
6) A story you were nervous about posting. All of them.
7) your raunchiest story. I don’t know, they all seem pretty tame considering what’s out there in the wide world. Helping Jan is a story that strikes me as extremely unpleasant in its coldness, a reverse chronology of turning a married but fairly inexperienced woman into a cum slut of sorts. There’s an underlying nastiness to it, and I’m not sure why I wrote it.
8) your sappiest story I don’t think I’ve done anything I would characterize as sappy yet.
9) the one you're proudest of. Definitely B & E. I’d just plowed through a half dozen or more Elmore Leonard novels. That voice and those cadences and that style was filling my head, and I had to do something with it, had to do something with that buzz it gave me. So I tried to write an Elmore Leonard story but with, you know, fucking. It was fun, intercutting all the scenes, trying to keep it snapping along, putting up all the pieces out and then fitting them all together. Of course, it got the fewest views of anything, and no scores or comments.
10) a story you want to mention just because See #9 above. Since we’re self-promoting.