Sleeping Away From Home

last reply
36 replies
4.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Chuckanator
0 likes
I do have that same problem and tried the same things. However, I found on a recent trip for a family reunion that if I took a hot shower before bed I relaxed me enough to go right to sleep. I did wake a couple hours later because the couple in the next room were expressing their carnal pleasures loudly.

Wild at Heart
0 likes
I sleep like a baby at other people's houses because I'm usually drunk or all fucked out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
As I travel a lot different beds don't bother me very much. It is more the jet lag that concerns me.
I also work in the hospitality industry and the experiences you have in being unable to sleep are very common. Beds and pillows vary a lot between hotels.
The other problem is Doona's (Duvet) many hotels use them now and we get a lot if complaints about no sheets or blankets. It's a laundry problem so it will only get more prevalent.
Lurker
0 likes
With my work changes, I've been doing a lot more of this in recent years. First thing I learned was not to eat after 8pm if at all possible to avoid it. Little to no alcohol, though often one beer or one glass of wine. Put away all work or any other distractions and then leave time for some quiet reading before I expect to sleep. Music played softly (almost any kind but I have preferences), Finally, I've taken to tucking the extra pillows some hotels give me so that I'm spooned with one pillow in front and another in back, in addition to the one under my head. Sometimes, I've even tried sleeping nude rather than in pjs and that sometimes helps.
Lurker
0 likes
I know what you suffer. You have to sleep on planes, lots of water and rest before you have to go to a meeting. No caffeine on a plane and fresh food. Hotels will have extra pillows and blankets. Take a hot bath and snuggle in works. No a calcium snack helps. My dyslexia has a vendetta
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nothing what I do replace the feeling of sleeping home, but I do love to chat with my lover when I have to be away before the sleep overwhelms me.