alienware

last reply
6 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
The Engineer
0 likes
Well i am a hardcore gamer who is totally obsessed with Assassins creed series. Now i am planning to take a new laptop and i want it to be an alienware,because of the game playing but i also have my college work which requires some heavy software work too.. so you guys have nay specific model from alienware..or should i look something else,if so what should it be?
Find Simar on:
1. Skype: Simar Singh
2. Kik: simar2308
0 likes
My gaming hardware expert isn't around (my teenaged son) but IIRC, he used to be of the general opinion that Alienware is overrated and overpriced these days. Not sure who does make a good gaming laptop, though. He was going to build his own gaming desktop at one point but abandoned the project after he kind of lost interest in the whole hardware engineering end of things.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Alienware is manufactured by Dell, so I'd just go for a high-end Dell system. It's pretty much the same anyway, just without the expensive badges and stuff. If you were wanting a desktop, I'd suggest you build your own. It's easy enough to do and fun to do the research.
Lurker
0 likes
I have an Asus, can't go wrong with them.
I'm not for everyone
0 likes
Quote by AriaLove
I have an Asus, can't go wrong with them.

Asus all the way. Best bang for the buck. Got a G5 laptop for gaming.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I probably missed the boat on this, but if you're going for full power, a custom rig is the only way to go. Otherwise, Alienware is a little overpriced for the hardware it's giving. You're normal people brands like Lenovo, HP, Asus et cetera have pretty much a relatively good ratio for price : power. If you're not going custom, I highly recommend refurb, they typically have hardware inspected by a technician rather than assembly line, so manufacturer flaws are significantly less common. Plus, cheaper.

Source: I fix computers for a living. I kind of have to know this stuff.
And I've only begun fucking with you people.
At the end of the day, it's all math.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Biggest issue with Alienware is hard drive failure. We lease them at work and over half have had a hard drive failure in the past two years. Other than that, they have been excellent machines!