Site Outage – 22 September

last reply
47 replies
4.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
wow...tons of crap happens here when im sleeping!
littlemissbitch ~ professional face ripper offer, at your service..
Internet Sensation
0 likes
I'm glad I didn't have to get freaked out about lost stories.
Lurker
0 likes
I got a notification that someone had commented on one of my stories last night when this was going on. When I checked this morning the comment wasn't there..Could this be this bug too or did they just change their mind and removed the comment ?

All in all it is better then to lose a story, so you rock Gav just saying ..
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by Lisa
If Lush goes down again, I'd just like to ask that people who are visiting Stories Space during the downtime PLEASE remember it's a non-erotic site aimed at all ages. I've had to change usernames of a sexual nature and delete blog posts related to Lush etc. It's really good to see new people there but if you could please remember it's not an erotic story site, that would be much appreciated.

Pardon the wicked giggles, but I've often wondered how frequently that kind of thing happens @ StoriesSpace. I do not envy your efforts there to police your site, Lisa. But you do a wonderful job (along with your other volunteer assistance).
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale

Pardon the wicked giggles, but I've often wondered how frequently that kind of thing happens @ StoriesSpace. I do not envy your efforts there to police your site, Lisa. But you do a wonderful job (along with your other volunteer assistance).

Thank you. That's the busiest we've been! I'll admit to being a bit stressed as I watched the new members turn up with words like "wet" and "boobs" in their names.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Lisa

Thank you. That's the busiest we've been! I'll admit to being a bit stressed as I watched the new members turn up with words like "wet" and "boobs" in their names.

Now that's funny stuff.... ;-)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Lisa

Believe me when I say that I was thinking how will SS (poor) people react on this wild crowd!
At SS is every thing decent, polite with manners (some of them are minors, don't forget that) and here..well we talk about sex most of the times (which is still taboo for most people) and it was just funny to imagine those faces when Lush crowd needed a place to crash. Don't get me wrong, I love Lush people, I just understand confusion of SS people. Funny thing as Warlock said!
Code Monkey
0 likes
Ok I'm going to have nother try at this very soon.

If anyone has any sent messages they really treasure I suggest you move them to a folder before I get all stabby on the databse server.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by gav
Ok I'm going to have nother try at this very soon.

If anyone has any sent messages they really treasure I suggest you move them to a folder before I get all stabby on the databse server.

ok Gav, how big folder can we have?

Kidding people, I don't give slightest f..about my sent messages!

do what you need to do, I think all Lush people are happy that you are doing whatever monkey stuff you are doing, giggling
Lurker
0 likes
Gav, do you think the problem will recur at some point, or was it just a temporary fix that you did last nite? And...was the slowness of some pages loading a symptom of the database issue, or could that just have been my scotch kicking in? You aren't reponsible for the imaginary bugs crawling on my skin in the morning when I wake up, are you?
Code Monkey
0 likes
@She I agree, who needs sent messages silly

Ok I think we are good. I shall use She as my litmus test to see if we are good, is she has stories, mission success!

Anyone have any issues?
Code Monkey
0 likes
Quote by billybroadband
Gav, do you think the problem will recur at some point, or was it just a temporary fix that you did last nite? And...was the slowness of some pages loading a symptom of the database issue, or could that just have been my scotch kicking in? You aren't reponsible for the imaginary bugs crawling on my skin in the morning when I wake up, are you?

This should be an isolated incident. I'm in consultation with the engineers over at Mongo so that it doesnt happen again.
Lurker
0 likes
i don't know if it was just me, but when the site was down i could get to HS (which since i don't read/speak spanish did me no good) but i couldn't get on SS at all. i just got a blank page.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
Quote by Sprichler
i don't know if it was just me, but when the site was down i could get to HS (which since i don't read/speak spanish did me no good) but i couldn't get on SS at all. i just got a blank page.

Nope same for me, I could not get on SS at all either.
Sergeant Turnip
0 likes
All looks good to me! All my poems and stories are still here. Gav you are are fantastic

What would we do without you?
Code Monkey
0 likes
Mission accomplished.

You might see some perf improvement (and some missing sent messages sad )
Lurker
0 likes
Thanks Gav, glad that litmus test went well. You did more than great!
Classified
0 likes
Quote by She
Believe me when I say that I was thinking how will SS (poor) people react on this wild crowd!
At SS is every thing decent, polite with manners (some of them are minors, don't forget that) and here..well we talk about sex most of the times (which is still taboo for most people) and it was just funny to imagine those faces when Lush crowd needed a place to crash. Don't get me wrong, I love Lush people, I just understand confusion of SS people. Funny thing as Warlock said!

Quote by Lisa

Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Weaver of Words
0 likes
Quote by Lisa

I would have thought you were quite busy last October when Lush was down for like three days when the upgrade was being done. I know a lot of people who joined during that time, me included.