last reply
17 replies
2.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Meditation:

According to UCLA physiologist JR. Keith Wallace, meditators who used meditation regularly for up to 5 years, had an average biological age 5 years lower than their chronological age. Those who'd been meditating for more than 5 years had an average biological age that was 12 years lower than their chronological age.

(Buddhism for Busy People)

Meditate and live longer!

I have started meditating on a daily basis, first thing when I wake up in the morning. I'm finding it's calming down the "mad monkey of my mind" quite considerably.

What do you recommend and why?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Meditation:

According to UCLA physiologist JR. Keith Wallace, meditators who used meditation regularly for up to 5 years, had an average biological age 5 years lower than their chronological age. Those who'd been meditating for more than 5 years had an average biological age that was 12 years lower than their chronological age.

I have started meditating on a daily basis, first thing when I wake up in the morning. I'm finding it's calming down the "mad monkey of my mind" quite considerably.

hmm awesome, thanks for the share smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nicola did it say for how long, per meditation session, that they meditated?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
This is my favorite meditation mantra.

Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha

It works - if you really want it to.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by LusciousLola
Nicola did it say for how long, per meditation session, that they meditated?

It didn't I'm afraid, but I would guess it was at least 20 minutes per day. I'm no expert though.

http://deepakchopra.com/2010/08/length-of-meditation/ - some good information on his site.
Wild at Heart
0 likes
I'm pretty clueless about meditation but a friend of mine is into TM and he says it really helps him but for it to be done right a guru or whatever the TM people call it has to help you develop a meaningful mantra that is unique to you.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
I'm pretty clueless about meditation but a friend of mine is into TM and he says it really helps him but for it to be done right a guru or whatever the TM people call it has to help you develop a meaningful mantra that is unique to you.

What's a TM?
Wild at Heart
0 likes
TM = Transcendental meditation. Haha sorry bout that.
Lurker
0 likes
thanks Nic, i need try it someday
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've known people that say meditation really helps you control your stress. I dated a chick that got me into it for a while. I found that a couple of whiskeys, on the rocks, and getting laid always got me results that were just as good... YMMV.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Magical_felix
TM = Transcendental meditation. Haha sorry bout that.

Thank!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by MrNudiePants
I've known people that say meditation really helps you control your stress. I dated a chick that got me into it for a while. I found that a couple of whiskeys, on the rocks, and getting laid always got me results that were just as good... YMMV.

Darn, beaten to the punch again.

In any event, any time I've tried meditation I get pulled up for sleeping on the job
"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
''Yoga'' Have been my passion for five years now. We meet every morning or evening on the beach, Forty five min of stress release. I would recommend it to anyone. Why? It really helps you focus on the task at hand. You get to release all your build up stress and we sent it into the sea way across the ocean to other people giggles, Oooops no the sharks take care of it. No really I enjoy Yoga. I'm thinking next month Pilate's just a though for a while now.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
For me, it's Tai chi. I have what is referred to as a monky mind, it's all over the place, never still, and at the best of times i'm distracted and absent minded, at the worst, i get totally lost. about a year ago i started taking a class - it's spiritual and meditative, low impact and graceful - also, it is the frame for self defence, and even if i never use it for that, it gives me a sense of confidence. We start with stretches, and then with chi gung, which is VERY meditative and puts me in the proper frame of mind - after 90 minutes, my stress and worries are pretty much all washed away, and i am focused. also, i have been getting stronger and my balanace is better - it's a good, all around work out without being hard on my body.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I recommend this to you all because it definitely worked for me and we all could use more calm in our lives.
By following the simple advice I heard on a Medical TV show, I have finally found inner peace.

A Doctor proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started.

So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished, and, before leaving the house this morning, I finished off a bottle of Merlot, a bottle of shhardonay, a bodle of Baileys, a butle of vocka, a pockage of Prunglies, tha mainder of botal Prozic and Valum scriptins, the res of the Chesescke an a box a choclits.

Yu haf no idr hou gud I feal.

Peas sen dis orn to dem yu fee AR in ned ov inr pis

"Whoa, lady, I only speak two languages, English and bad English." - Korben Dallas, from The Fifth Element

"If history repeats itself, and the unexpected always happens, how incapable must man be of learning from experience?" - George Bernard Shaw
Lurker
0 likes
I have done the Hatha Yoga for years, the only thing it's good for is toning up my muscles. I like as anyone does at the end of a yoga session that relaxation; but I get that same feeling when I lie in my bed before sleep and afterwards. To me that meditaion seems to only last in the moment, then I have to deal again with living in the moment!
The mediation does not give me any longer term benefit's during the day!
So I'm back to sqaure 1 again, coping with life the best way possible and that just living and taking part in outdoor stuff and not being cooped up indoors.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by nicola
Meditation:

And they also say being married to an older/ not younger man makes a woman live longer. To hell with statistics a life enjoyed is better than a life.....you know what I mean LOL
Lurker
0 likes
Yoga = Sex LOL. I'd rather have sex than yoga