Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

Is girls masturbating still considered taboo?

last reply
202 replies
24.3k views
0 watchers
5 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think everyone growing up, girls as well as boys, should get to know their own body. Masturbation is a natural and indispensable part of that exploration, and once you've found how to pleasure yourself, I can't think of any valid reason to stop doing that during the rest of your life.
A little kindness can be so valuable, yet costs almost nothing

In many countries being gay is a crime, and even in modern societies, politicians try to legalise discrimination. Your voice can make a difference. Have a look at All Out to find out how.

Hey... pssst.... that's an l (as in luscious) at the end of my name, not an i
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Is the act itself taboo? Absolutely not! It's a perfectly natural thing to do as you explore your body and learn what feels good. I do it at least daily, often multiple times in the day. Especially when my wife is away on business and none of my friends with benefits are around to help.

Is it taboo to talk about it? A whole different question, and I think in some circumstances, yes, it is. In front of your parents it would be fairly awkward. At work with coworkers who aren't also lovers or close friends, it would feel weird to discuss. But with my close friends, it's a completely natural thing to talk about, and I have even had friends ask me to recommend toys that I think are amazing- incidentally, your massaging shower head is perhaps one of the most cost effective sex toys of all time!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Joan,

Just wait until you've used the bridge of my nose. The combination of stiffness and flexibility are hard to beat. Getting the timing of my breathing down is an issue, but practice helps. You will not mind me practicing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
There are scant few things in life that to me are more beautiful that watching a lady pet her kitty and make her purrrrrrr.......
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I hope not...and I never really knew it was
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My heavens no! I love watching a woman touching herself- and when she is making eye contact with me as her fingers move, if never fails to get me hard.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Who said that? It's not... it's actually very sensual to watch a girl pleasuring herself smile
I like the way you make me feel even when I'm nowhere near...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Never thought it was tabo.

Brandie
0 likes
its perfectly normal, why would anyone consider it a taboo, i think its the most enjoyable thing a girl can do on her own
Lurker
0 likes
This is one of the most odd topics I have ever seen in the Forums......women masturbating might have been Taboo in the Dark Ages, but that would have been the only time. Touching oneself for pleasure is a natural thing and I think both sexes enjoy it immensely. Heck, I masturbate sometimes just to relax or help me sleep, so no its not always just about the pleasure and obtaining the Big O.

My two cents on this odd topic
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have to agree that is an dark ages standard. Am sure ALL the girls on here view it as acceptable and do it often
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Maybe way back when it was considered taboo but nowadays I think women have accepted the fact that they are just as capable of bringing pleasure to them selves as any Man can.... I don't have a man right now and If i didn't take care of myself I would be a very grouchy bitch...no lie
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have been masturbating for more years that I can remember. Taboo - never.
At boarding school, we were always told it was not ladylike to touch yourself. I soon learned almost every girl did it in bed after lights out or in the toilets. I had no shame in admitting I did it then and now.
It is a perfectly natural bodily function and I am not ashamed to do it now even in the company of friends.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Not at all. It's extremely sexy!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I was mostly raised by my Aunt and at a young age she taught me and showed me to Masturbate. She said that if you remain sexually satisfied, the chances of an unwanted pregnancy or getting a STI is greatly reduced. Doubt if she used that term.

She told me that she was sure most women Masturbate, but just do not talk about this pleasure.

So I guess it was a type of Taboo in her time.

She is now in her mid 80's and while I no longer live with her and my Uncle when I did I heard their pleasure frequently.

My Aunt looks like in her 60's and I am convinced that she looks like she does because of all the Orgasms she had all her life.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I don't think many have heard of FGM , it is still practiced today
Lurker
0 likes
I don't feel it is any more.
Lurker
0 likes
I masturbated as a youth until I had an affair. Later I married, and my husband gave me my first vibrator. I masturbate with it a few times a month. I think I'm on my umpteenth vibrator now.
Orgasm Aficionado
0 likes
It's still taboo to do it in the office at work. Apparently.
Lurker
0 likes
I hope not.