MUSIC!!

last reply
66 replies
4.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
was just wondering what peoples favourite music types were?
and if they played any instrument

1.favourite genre
2.favourite band
3.favourite song and the artist's name

+ any instruments play + styles silly

1.modern rock / metal
2. four year strong
3. it must really suck to be four year strong right now - four year strong

plus i play jazz and classical piano, and rock guitar smile
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
1. 80's metal and older country
2. Van Halen
3. Fav. Country song : I've always Been Crazy - Waylon Jennings
Fav. other : Drop Dead Legs - Van Halen

I play electric guitar, of course 80's stuff, and stuff like AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen of course.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ahh couldn't possibly decide on a favourite. Today my favourite band/artists would be Fitz and The Tantrums, Mark Farina, Gorillaz new single, Magnetic man, Band of Horses, Simian Mobile Disco.

Play piano/keys, sax and I also bash the skins and annoy the hell out of people it seems.
Lurker
0 likes
1. Depends on the day from classical to ska and all points in between (nod to ZZ TOP).

2. RUSH!

3. Closer to the Heart (Rush), Here come that rainbow again (Kristofferson)
Lurker
0 likes
Whoot, I demand more music nerds in this world this morning and lucky me I notice this forum post! My day continues to get better even as it becomes tomorow! (3 more minutes LOL)

I love to listen to a bit of everything from classical (I will admit aside from the Anti-semetism Wagner is my favourite...), to Regge (Bob Marley for ever), Pop, Rock, Jazz, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, HILLbilly *giggling*. I will admit that at present moment, as I am in a romantic mood, it's mostly soul and rock'n'roll, I'm busting out my old Aretha Franklin LP's and lying next to my Radiogram (yup I actually own one).

BUT, in the simplest terms in the phrase of your questions:

1.ROCK - I must admit that like any other Aussie girl ACDC has a special place in my heart.
2.Today....The Violent Femmes (also the band t-shirt I'm wearing as PJ's atm LOL)
3. It's a song from a musical, so I don't know if it counts, but I LOVE 'And I'm telling you I'm not going' when sung by Jennifer Hudson in the movie version of Dreamgirls.
Other than that...I can't stop smiling when I hear 'Tie your Mother Down' by Queen (FREDDIE!)

Oh and I play Piano (classical, jazz and honkytonk), harmonica (blues and urban), Clarinet (LOL from my school days) Baritone sax, Alto sax, Most percussion including Drums (strictly rock'n'roll), Cello, Double Bass, Guitar (poorly LOL), a little viola and a smattering of Bugle.
Oh....and the triangle *laughing*

Nighty night quesadillas (my spanish word of the day ;P)
XX
BB
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Guys! Guys! Guys! AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen & ZZ Top - way to go...... I love too many and like Eiotis it depends on my mood BUT I'm always in the mood for

2. AC/DC
3. 'Long way to the top if you want to rock n roll' with the late, great Bon Scott playing the bagpipes.
"Hey, don't knock masturbation! It's sex with someone I love." Woody Allen

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Betty-Bea
Whoot, I demand more music nerds in this world this morning and lucky me I notice this forum post! My day continues to get better even as it becomes tomorow! (3 more minutes LOL)

I love to listen to a bit of everything from classical (I will admit aside from the Anti-semetism Wagner is my favourite...), to Regge (Bob Marley for ever), Pop, Rock, Jazz, Rockabilly, Psychobilly, HILLbilly *giggling*. I will admit that at present moment, as I am in a romantic mood, it's mostly soul and rock'n'roll, I'm busting out my old Aretha Franklin LP's and lying next to my Radiogram (yup I actually own one).

BUT, in the simplest terms in the phrase of your questions:

1.ROCK - I must admit that like any other Aussie girl ACDC has a special place in my heart.
2.Today....The Violent Femmes (also the band t-shirt I'm wearing as PJ's atm LOL)
3. It's a song from a musical, so I don't know if it counts, but I LOVE 'And I'm telling you I'm not going' when sung by Jennifer Hudson in the movie version of Dreamgirls.
Other than that...I can't stop smiling when I hear 'Tie your Mother Down' by Queen (FREDDIE!)

Oh and I play Piano (classical, jazz and honkytonk), harmonica (blues and urban), Clarinet (LOL from my school days) Baritone sax, Alto sax, Most percussion including Drums (strictly rock'n'roll), Cello, Double Bass, Guitar (poorly LOL), a little viola and a smattering of Bugle.
Oh....and the triangle *laughing*

Nighty night quesadillas (my spanish word of the day ;P)
XX
BB

Gee I think I'm in love.... Likes AC/DC, plays the sax and is an Aussie, what more could a guy ask for??

"I am willing to admit that I may not always be right, but I am never wrong." Samuel Goldwyn
Constant Gardener
0 likes
Quote by tubby1961

Gee I think I'm in love.... Likes AC/DC, plays the sax and is an Aussie, what more could a guy ask for??

Perhaps a bit of slurpy, wet deepthroat action while Shoot To Thrill is echoing off the walls and furniture, in the background? One can dream, eh?
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Like some others; it depends on the mood I'm in what I tend to put on...usually though I just tune in to one of my favorite radio stations and go for the variety that's playing on there.

If I'm to nail it down to any one favorite, it would be:

1. Classic rock/blues

2. Stevie Ray Vaughan

3. no way I can name any ONE favorite song, I have too many ranging from "Sunshine of My Love" by Cream to "Sanitarium" by Metallica (big time old school Metallica fan; pre Black album of course) and I love many instrumentals/acoustics and any songs really, by Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, Clapton, Joe Satriani, Santana....you get my drift lol.

I don't really play any instruments but I piddle on the piano and piddle even more poorly with the guitar smile.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by WellMadeMale
Quote by tubby1961

Perhaps a bit of slurpy, wet deepthroat action while Shoot To Thrill is echoing off the walls and furniture, in the background? One can dream, eh?

LMAO Wellmade you're all about class aren't you.....
XX
BB
PS: Tubby, honey, One must not forget that I'm a psycho, always a plus ;P
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Butterfly
Like some others; it depends on the mood I'm in what I tend to put on...usually though I just tune in to one of my favorite radio stations and go for the variety that's playing on there.

If I'm to nail it down to any one favorite, it would be:

1. Classic rock/blues

2. Stevie Ray Vaughan

3. no way I can name any ONE favorite song, I have too many ranging from "Sunshine of My Love" by Cream to "Sanitarium" by Metallica (big time old school Metallica fan; pre Black album of course) and I love many instrumentals/acoustics and any songs really, by Stevie Ray, Eric Johnson, Clapton, Joe Satriani, Santana....you get my drift lol.

I don't really play any instruments but I piddle on the piano and piddle even more poorly with the guitar smile.

WOW! Now my love has split... Stevie Ray, Cream, Clapton, Satriani & Santana. Butterfly and Betty-Bea you ladies are amazing.

Lurker
0 likes
im glad so many are interested in music silly

anyone got any songs they wanna put forward for everyone else to listen to??

HH
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by honkyhorny

1.favourite genre
2.favourite band

1.modern rock / metal
2. four year strong

1) too many to choose from. From heavy metal,rock,alternative, classic rock,classic heavy metal, some easy listening,jazz,indie, some pop,rap cross overs.Depends on my mood.
2) I can't choose one as it changes daily
3) For today my favourite song is

P.S. people normally post music in Club Zafia in the Pub...feel free to post your stuff there
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Quote by honkyhorny

1.favourite genre
2.favourite band

1.modern rock / metal
2. four year strong

1) too many to choose from. From heavy metal,rock,alternative, classic rock,classic heavy metal, some easy listening,jazz,indie, some pop,rap cross overs.Depends on my mood.
2) I can't choose one as it changes daily
3) For today my favourite song is

P.S. people normally post music in Club Zafia in the Pub...feel free to post your stuff there

ok thanks :)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Favorite Type of Music- Classic Rock, 70's and 80's Metal (not to heavy), Punk Rock

Favorite Band- Pink Floyd

Favorite Song - Too many to name

Can play guitar a little and love to sing......................but cant, LOL
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by tubby1961
Guys! Guys! Guys! AC/DC, Metallica, Van Halen & ZZ Top - way to go...... I love too many and like Eiotis it depends on my mood BUT I'm always in the mood for

2. AC/DC
3. 'Long way to the top if you want to rock n roll' with the late, great Bon Scott playing the bagpipes.

Bon Scott was amazing- may he R.I.P!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Favorite Type of Music- Classic Rock, 70's and 80's Metal (not to heavy), Punk Rock

Favorite Band- Pink Floyd

Favorite Song - Too many to name

Can play guitar a little and love to sing......................but cant, LOL

nice biggrin

HH
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Favourite type of music - Gawd, so many different styles, but'd have to come down to Alt Rock & Metal, 70's Rock Zep, Cream, blues and alt.folk....
fav band - At the moment im on a big Pixies thing again, but it was a close call with Soundgarden
fav song - Tame

strangely enough, dont play any electric but lots of acoustic and some hideous ben harper covers lol
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by electriched

fav band - At the moment im on a big Pixies thing again, but it was a close call with Soundgarden

I love the Pixies. As precursors to Nirvana they were way ahead of their time and never got the recognition they deserved except from Kurt Cobain probably biggrin
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by obscura
Quote by electriched

I love the Pixies. As precursors to Nirvana they were way ahead of their time and never got the recognition they deserved except from Kurt Cobain probably biggrin

I always thought they had a cult following in the nineties. They like so many others Velvet underground,Bowie etc were way before their time. They are brilliant. One of my favourite music memories is from a Pixies gig after they reformed...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
I always thought they had a cult following in the nineties. They like so many others Velvet underground,Bowie etc were way before their time. They are brilliant. One of my favourite music memories is from a Pixies gig after they reformed...

I'm sure they did, but they never had huge mainstream success with any album, or song for that matter. But I guess that was because they were so ahead of their time, cos they gained popularity after they split.

I wish I had of seen one of those gigs. Was it around 04-05?
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by obscura
Quote by Loislane

I'm sure they did, but they never had huge mainstream success with any album, or song for that matter. But I guess that was because they were so ahead of their time, cos they gained popularity after they split.

Yeah Reading Festival 2005...One of my favourite festivals ever...
Lurker
0 likes
Country music.
Rascal Flatts
Must be doing something right-Billy Currington
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Quote by Loislane
Quote by obscura
Quote by Loislane

Yeah Reading Festival 2005...One of my favourite festivals ever...

Yay for the Pixieness.... Anyone tried Frank Black's solo stuff? Pretty weird, not so good in my opinion. Never got to see them *sigh.
Lurker
0 likes
I've heard it but I wasn't to sure about it either. Same with the Ginger from the Wildheart's solo stuff.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My usual reply to the favorite music question is, "I like good music."
Sometimes people think I'm being pretentious, but it's true. The genre, the artist, the style, etc. are not what draw my attention, hold my attention, make me think and feel, or scratch a particular itch I have at any given moment.
Doesn't matter if it's Allison Krauss, Beethoven, Palestrina, or Nirvana. If it's authentic, not overtly commercial (that does omit a huge sector of the performing arts, I'll admit), honest, and well-played or sung, I'll probably like it, or at least find it interesting enough to stop and listen, maybe imitate.

I make my living as a working musician and play various styles of music on guitar, double bass, bass guitar, percussion, blah, blah, blah.
Music and the arts are my bread and butter, classical music being the largest slice of bread.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Nikki703
Quote by tubby1961

2. AC/DC

Bon Scott was amazing- may he R.I.P!

Amen to that Nikki. One day I'll make the pilgrimage to Western Australia to visit his grave.

Lurker
0 likes
Genre - Heavy Metal
Band - Iron Maiden (Up the irons, baby! lml )
Song - Wasted Years by Iron Maiden

I listen to just about anything rock, but I like southern rock, classical, and some heavier stuff too - though I'm pickier about these.

I used to play the trumpet, though I haven't played in years.
Lurker
0 likes
Genre -Classic rock some 80's and country I LOVE country. also big band little folk some classical but depends on my mood and what I'm doing really.
Band - to many to pick one fav but couple of my top favs Alan Jackson and Tom Petty and The Hearbreakers.
Song Again I can't nail it to one favorite song to many to list.

I can't play anything at the moment though I have a Harmonica and an Acoustic guitar that I do wanna learn to play someday.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by shooterx
Genre - Heavy Metal
Band - Iron Maiden (Up the irons, baby! lml )
Song - Wasted Years by Iron Maiden

I listen to just about anything rock, but I like southern rock, classical, and some heavier stuff too - though I'm pickier about these.

I used to play the trumpet, though I haven't played in years.

nice man biggrin you should get back into the trumpet, chicks dig muscians silly