Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

A warning for all males on Lush from a common phenomenon.

last reply
166 replies
16.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Note that I am not including anyone who's using the avatar of a celeb/cartoon/symbol without claiming she's the one in the pic, I am talking about people who deliberately put a non-famous internet beautiful woman with a full album of selfie pics of her, yet claiming she is this woman when asked about it, and there are plenty of them here, yet the name and the country of the non-famous model they use often doesn't match at all their profile's first name and location info, there are plenty of model pics on the internet that appear genuine/realistic, naked mirror pics, bedroom pics, selfie pics and those people use these type of pics to give an impression their pics are genuine.

And no, they are not males in disguise doing some pranks, I did consider this possibility, but I've talked via voice (yet they never accept to use webcam, go figure) with many of those women (only to find out later their set of pics are not theirs), and you can easily catch a guy faking a female voice. Everything about them: their voices, their desires, their fantasies, the way they type and the way they react to compliments are 100% female. Why they do this is beyond me , but I find it extremely fishy especially when they demand naughty pics in return of the pics they're showing during the chat (OF THE SAME MODEL GIRL).

So guys of lush, use common sense, if the girl looks extremely attractive then it's more likely to be one of those, and use free tools to check the pics source (ie. tineye, Search Good with image" chrome extension...etc) before exchanging in a naughty chat with them
Lurker
0 likes
The same could be said for men.

I don't post my personal pics cause it's not my style.

I don't even like to share my photo often..
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
What is the point of this thread?
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
^^ To warn fellow guys?

The point is in the title and in the bold part.
Scarlet Seductress
0 likes
Quote by Muffinman82
^^ To warn fellow guys?

The point is in the title and in the bold part.

That people may not be who they appear on the internet?

Shocker.

(Have you reverse image searched the photos on your own profile?)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Shocker.

Applauds and high fives you! Smiles a lot..........lol..lol.

Yesssssss..

0 likes
Quote by Liz

Shocker.

Just think he's figured this out in less than two months, he must be in the FBI / secret service!

The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
I think that is a good PSA and more need to realize it. Sadly, no, many do not. So I for one, will not ridicule the PSA simply because I know this stuff is pretty standard on the Internet. I actually think a warning should be provided about it when an account is made, but that is just me.

There are many types of members here, and members often have different reasons for being here and what they get out of LUSH. And this has been talked about from time to time here. The problems come when members who are wanting/expecting different things begin to communicate and they don't realize they are not on the same sheet of music. So make sure you are both dancing to the same tune before giving it a twirl. ;)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by JohnC
I think that is a good PSA and more need to realize it. Sadly, no, many do not. So I for one, will not ridicule the PSA simply because I know this stuff is pretty standard on the Internet. I actually think a warning should be provided about it when an account is made, but that is just me.

There are many types of members here, and members often have different reasons for being here and what they get out of LUSH. And this has been talked about from time to time here. The problems come when members who are wanting/expecting different things begin to communicate and they don't realize they are not on the same sheet of music. So make sure you are both dancing to the same tune before giving it a twirl. ;)

I agree.

I forget it's not a dating site and get too attached. My feelings and heart get broken.

I don't mean to do any of that.
My feelings and emotions are real here.
Lurker
0 likes
I agree John. While yes the standard internet caveat applies here; the simple fact is that given the nature of the site AND the fact that EMOTIONAL bonds can come about here it is a point well worth reminding people of. To which I will add another "STANDARD" caveat, " Anytime something seems to good to be TRUE? That's because it IS!" ENJOY! have fun, BUT be careful out there.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Liz

Shocker.

Stalker :P

My av and another pic give you 0 results, and 2 others sex forums, one of them posted by some loser Korean who thinks she's playing some smart bet, I don't give a shit.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ohhh! Reminds me of that programme "Catfish" where people pretend to be people they are clearly not. A fascinating insight into Human Nature and Motivation.. not sure I would bother to have the time to pretend to be somebody I was not as life is already complicated enough!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
i know for sure that almost no woman here has real pics of her self just one or two maybe.
but the worse for me is that the half of them are bisexual and the other are lesbian
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Damn this thread makes me feel the need for honesty (takes deep breath) I confess ok my avatar is NOT me, damn that felt good to get that off my chest lol.

Seriously, why are you just warning the men of women doing this its insulting? I've lost count of how many men have claimed their avatar is them, which is hilarious when I've known for a fact at least 3 other people are using the same avatar. Not to mention all the ones claiming to be male models??

As stated above, people claiming to be something they are not on the internet SHOCKER
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
"insensitive prick!" – Danielle Algo
0 likes
I can honestly say that my avatar is a silhouet of me, dressed as Maurice Moss ;)

===  Not ALL LIVES MATTER until BLACK LIVES MATTER  ===

Site administrator
0 likes
Ok I come clean ... yes the avatar is me after a night on the town however the 2 pictures of the fat ugly old git in my gallery are not .. no way!

Ok joking aside anyone that is told that the pictures in someones gallery or photo albums and indeed the avatar are them may have to take that with a pinch of salt. However there are many who do post real pictures so good luck to anyone that challenges and gets it wrong.

Lets also remember that for many Lush is a fantasy world ... why spoil that smile.

if the girl looks extremely attractive then it's more likely to be one of those .... woah ..... brave man!
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by kiera
Damn this thread makes me feel the need for honesty (takes deep breath) I confess ok my avatar is NOT me, damn that felt good to get that off my chest lol.

Seriously, why are you just warning the men of women doing this its insulting? I've lost count of how many men have claimed their avatar is them, which is hilarious when I've known for a fact at least 3 other people are using the same avatar. Not to mention all the ones claiming to be male models??\

As stated above, people claiming to be something they are not on the internet SHOCKER
\

LoL your avatar is obviously not you and not intentioned to give that impression, I was not talking about this type of pictures, yours surely doesn't reflect an intention of misleading anyone, I was talking about those who put a whole set of amateur pics in their album of one particular person (plus their av) and literally claim it's their pics.

As for why am I only talking about women and only warning men? Simple, I am straight, so my experience in that matter is only limited with women; and I have no idea how it is like with men here, so how am I gonna warn women about something I never experienced or know about?

There's no need to accuse me of sexism.
Short Arse Brit
0 likes
Quote by Muffinman82
\

LoL your avatar is obviously not you and not intentioned to give that impression, I was not talking about this type of pictures, yours surely doesn't reflect an intention of misleading anyone, I was talking about those who put a whole set of amateur pics in their album of one particular person (plus their av) and literally claim it's their pics.

As for why am I only talking about women and only warning men? Simple, I am straight, so my experience in that matter is only limited with women; and I have no idea how it is like with men here, so how am I gonna warn women about something I never experienced or know about?

There's no need to accuse me of sexism.

WOW I'm wounded babes I thought my avatar was HOT lol...guess not huh

I didn't say you were sexist I said it was insulting that you are making a point of only the women who do it. I am straight and I am well aware that both sexes on here do, hell I've even seen women in the chat rooms with hot avatars that drive them me crazy who turn out to be men

I've also seen women here use avatars telling all that it is really them when Ive had a friend previously use the same avatar, there's no real harm in it, did I out them NO I privately told them so that they could save face, why embarrass them?

As SJ said its a fantasy not real you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. The majority of these people likely have a very good reason for needing the praise/attention and so long as its harmless what's the problem. Possibility is they are humungous 4ft mooses who are still virgins at the age of 49 and have never had a compliment in their lives, so so what if they want to come onto here and pretend to be beautiful its a fantasy. Or perhaps the person is recovering from say cancer, has lost all their hair from chemo?? again what harm are they doing coming here and getting a much needed ego boost and are in no way intending to be malicious.

That said yeah there are some, but such is life and such is the internet. Maybe try to be a little more cautious who you friend, get to know them as opposed to friending because you think their pics are hot. Just my advice hun I for one am not interested in friending someone because they think my avatar is hot, its not me which is why I'm careful who I friend and only then do they have access to my pics.

Anyway good luck and happy lushing.
The Duchess of Tart

Please check out my new story, co-written with the amazing Wilful.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/straight-sex/long-time-coming.aspx

And my latest poem, The Temptation.

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/erotic-poems/the-temptation.aspx
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by kiera

WOW I'm wounded babes I thought my avatar was HOT lol...guess not huh

I didn't say you were sexist I said it was insulting that you are making a point of only the women who do it. I am straight and I am well aware that both sexes on here do, hell I've even seen women in the chat rooms with hot avatars that drive them me crazy who turn out to be men

I've also seen women here use avatars telling all that it is really them when Ive had a friend previously use the same avatar, there's no real harm in it, did I out them NO I privately told them so that they could save face, why embarrass them?

As SJ said its a fantasy not real you have to take everything with a pinch of salt. The majority of these people likely have a very good reason for needing the praise/attention and so long as its harmless what's the problem. Possibility is they are humungous 4ft mooses who are still virgins at the age of 49 and have never had a compliment in their lives, so so what if they want to come onto here and pretend to be beautiful its a fantasy. Or perhaps the person is recovering from say cancer, has lost all their hair from chemo?? again what harm are they doing coming here and getting a much needed ego boost and are in no way intending to be malicious.

That said yeah there are some, but such is life and such is the internet. Maybe try to be a little more cautious who you friend, get to know them as opposed to friending because you think their pics are hot. Just my advice hun I for one am not interested in friending someone because they think my avatar is hot, its not me which is why I'm careful who I friend and only then do they have access to my pics.

Anyway good luck and happy lushing.

You are only assuming one possibility why they might be using fake pics, I agree in this case it's totally harmless, but what if their goal is to gather pics/videos from guys in their horny moments?

Ok, gonna disclose a bit of detail here, there was a girl on my friend list (totally removed now) who had a set of amateur pics, she also posts links to videos of guys (who are members here) jerking off on "her" pics. In one naughty conversation, she kept strangely insisting on me to do a such video dedicated for her and to cum on one of 'her' pics - her insistence made me very suspicious so I checked her pics using a tool and found out she's a different person, If I recall right she was a girl on instagram (different name, different country of the user); what if the real girl in the pics doesn't want guys jerking off on her pics in videos that may go viral?

And some girls here (with the fake pics always) insisted on me to show them nude pics with my full face? Why? But I am sure many younger guys might fall for it in their horny moments.
Lurker
0 likes
Oh wouldya ever ligten up muffinman ... this is the internet ... about at least 80% if not more of what is here is false, misleading or at the very least doubtful. Simplyjohn is one of very few here who one can tell is truthful. I dunno why but he is, I just get that even if I don't know him well at all. But anyway if u think that anymore than say 10% (and that's a high estimate imho) of the ladies fotos on here are THEM ... you need a lesson in what the worldwide web is, and the internet. What age are you? 6?
Lurker
0 likes
Oh wouldya ever ligten up muffinman ... this is the internet ... about at least 80% if not more of what is here is false, misleading or at the very least doubtful. Simplyjohn is one of very few here who one can tell is truthful. I dunno why but he is, I just get that even if I don't know him well at all. But anyway if u think that anymore than say 10% (and that's a high estimate imho) of the ladies fotos on here are THEM ... you need a lesson in what the worldwide web is, and the internet. What age are you? 6?
Lurker
0 likes
Ok since we are being honest. My avatar is not me either..... I wanted to look taller than i am.smile
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Wait...so people like...lie...about photos? And we should use common sense and our better judgment to prevent ourselves from being taken in by such lies?

Shut the front door!

P.S. My avatar is totally me...and not some strikingly gorgeous girl with perfect hair that I found by Googling pretty girls with curly hair.

Seriously though, we're all adults here. We should be able to navigate the internet knowing full well the risks behind it. Certainly no need to incite an image witch hunt.

There are plenty of people here passing fake pics as themselves. I used to care...not so much anymore. Do I condone it? Absolutely not...but you can only be fooled on the internet if you allow yourself to be.

It hardly warrants any kind of real alarm.

Enter at your own risk and proceed with caution.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Head Nurse
0 likes
<---- not really me either I've been busted as well.

Not to worry muffinman, I'm sure many of us girls could inbox you with the unrequested images we are sent of various men's cocks, then you can send on of those pics to the fakers yourself.

*note ,I like many others am here not as a dating site. I am not interested in seeing what you actually look like. I am here to post and read stories and to interact with regular people I am happy to call friends. I dont carre what they look like and if they use real pictures. They have their lives to live as do I*
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
hmm I see a lot of worms in the can that I just opened.

Don't you understand what you read people? The thread isn't about users who use random avatars. Why so defensive while the thread doesn't even concern you?
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Quote by Muffinman82
hmm I see a lot of worms in the can that I just opened.

Don't you understand what you read people? The thread isn't about users who use random avatars. Why so defensive while the thread doesn't even concern you?

Yes, we know.

It's about users who come across some poor unsuspecting stranger's Facebook, or Twitter, or Tumblr, or Instagram. Or anything that gives them access to a wide range of their pics so they can have albums full of this person and pass them off as themselves.

Some people even use their much hotter friends' pics as themselves. Or even sicker...relatives.

Either way, proceed with caution. Not all pics are traceable...especially if you have private access to these pics that the general public doesn't have...like non-public social networking profiles and such.

But as I said, common sense should play a big role. If people proceed with caution and learn to look beyond the surface, they should be fine.

No need to incite panic.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Quote by Dani

Yes, we know.

It's about users who come across some poor unsuspecting stranger's Facebook, or Twitter, or Tumblr, or Instagram. Or anything that gives them access to a wide range of their pics so they can have albums full of this person and pass them off as themselves.

Some people even use their much hotter friends' pics as themselves. Or even sicker...relatives.

Either way, proceed with caution. Not all pics are traceable...especially if you have private access to these pics that the general public doesn't have...like non-public social networking profiles and such.

But as I said, common sense should play a big role. If people proceed with caution and learn to look beyond the surface, they should be fine.

No need to incite panic.

Using a friend's fb private pic...

lol that just adds one layer of creepiness, yes it is very probable too.
Lurker
0 likes
I would rather see your face than your cock.

Although some cocks I see in the image galleries are really fucking hot.

They might split me open though....and make me gag!

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Muffinman82

Using a friend's fb private pic...

lol that just adds one layer of creepiness, yes it is very probable too.

Remember when Manti Tao's fake girlfriend was a guy that actually asked the female friend of his that he was scamming pics from to take a pic of herself holding up a sign with the date on it and initials. He explained it away by telling her it was for some kids cancer charity thing. And then he sends it to Manti as proof that he/she's for real. Haha. So disturbing.