Kale Recipes

last reply
21 replies
2.1k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes

Not only is this super veggie really trendy, it's also really good for you. Not to mention, it's actually quite delicious.

Share your favorite recipes here!

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
This is my favourite Kale Salad. Basically you massage the Kale with lemon juice and let it sit for a while to just slightly soften. Then add the other ingredients and toss. It's simple, fast and so flavourful.

Kale Salad

Ingredients:
Long Kale
Fresh lemon Juice
Turkey Bacon, broken into pieces
Feta (crumbled)
Cranberries
Pine nuts
Drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Yes, salad and smoothies... you can see I'm quite the culinary pro.

Anyway - it's good damnit! ... Just blenderize until smooth.

Kale Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup loosely packed chopped stemmed kale
1 cup ice cubes
1 1/2 apples, peeled and chopped
1 banana
1/2 cup almond milk
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Kale salads are great, so I'm not knocking them. How about some kale slaw, pretty much the only kind I've ever willingly eaten and enjoyed.

Kale & Fennel Slaw with Orange Poppy Seed Dressing (Vegan)

Slaw Ingredients:
1 small bunch of organic kale
1/4 to 1/2 head organic green cabbage
1/2 organic fennel bulb
1 organic red sweet onion
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste

Orange Poppy Seed Dressing Ingredients:
1/2 c. light oil (Try an extra virgin olive oil blended with sunflower oil or grapeseed oil.)
Zest and juice of 1 large organic orange
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1/4 c. honey (use Agave for a vegan dressing)
2 tsp dijon mustard
1 small organic shallot
2 tsp poppy seeds
Kosher salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste

Detailed (including pics) step-by-step instructions on how to make everything found at the Kitchenista Diaries blog.

Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
I go the old fashioned way to keep as much of the nutrients as possible (well, as much without eating it raw).

I tend to just wing it. I have a roommate that influences me in that regard.

I keep it simple.

I steam it.

And I steam it in chicken stock/beef stock or bullion. Add a squirt of lemon juice, some lemon pepper, and a dash of red pepper flakes.

Sometimes I'll throw in fresh green beans.

Basically makes a Kale soup.
Head Nurse
0 likes
I grew up eating stomp pot. (boerenkool) Kale potatoes and sausage. Yum! I also toss it in with my greens a lot.

I have a pot of it growing on my steps, it's relatively easy to grow.
Big-haired Bitch
0 likes
Quote by naughtynurse
I have a pot of it growing on my steps, it's relatively easy to grow.

This is true. My mom grows some too...it's pretty low maintenance compared to the rest of her garden.

I also enjoy it sauteed. You can do/add so much to it, like bacon, nuts, other veggies, etc.

One of my favorite ways to prepare it is to saute it in coconut oil with a little sea salt and pepper with toasted almonds.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I do roasted beet root (smaller the sweeter) and toasted pine nuts and steamed kale. Cut the roasted beet root into small chunks and mix it all together with lots of black pepper and a small amount of butter.
Lurker
0 likes
Kale is great, love it fresh as salad, as blended soup with veggies from the fridge or as side dish to fish.

Kale Side Dish:

-potato
-kale
-good olive oil (I am lucky to consume home made one)
-salt

In salted water add pealed and cut on small cubes potato. When cooked remove most of the water, add kale and cook for few minutes. Gently mix all together so you don't make mash potato out of it but to help most of the water to vaporize. Add olive oil and serve as side dish to grilled fish or file. Easy and delicious.

Sometimes I use chard instead of kale, equally yummy.
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
This is my favourite Kale Salad. Basically you massage the Kale with lemon juice and let it sit for a while to just slightly soften. Then add the other ingredients and toss. It's simple, fast and so flavourful.

Kale Salad

Ingredients:
Long Kale
Fresh lemon Juice
Feta (crumbled)
Cranberries
Pine nuts
Drizzle olive oil, salt, pepper

I do a modified version of this salad, adding some red leaf lettuce into the mix along with sliced apple. For the dressing, I add white wine vinegar to the lemon juice and a dollop of honey.

YUM!
The night that changed my life, a four part series of a married man lusting after his co-worker

[URL=http://www.lushstories.com/stories/reluctance/the-night-that-changed-my-life-1.aspx][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/WPPsy.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
Lurker
0 likes
Frittata with Kale

Chop kale into bite size pieces and thinly slice a red onion. Saute both in olive oil and a bit of butter, salt and pepper to taste. Scramble eggs and/or egg whites and pour over softened veggies, continue cooking on your stove top until the bottom sets, sprinkle with pecorino cheese and place under the broiler until golden brown.

I enjoy this for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
English Rose
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I love kale just simply steamed. Apart from broccoli it's my favourite veggie.

What on earth is turkey bacon? Is that turkey and bacon or some weird pig/bird hybrid thing lol
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/fetish/worship-my-bum.aspx
My new story has been awarded the Recommended Read. If you adore a needy bottom and fancy a short, but very naughty read...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We really enjoy Kale many ways but microwaved and a bit of cheese through it is our most regular method.
I will be trying Dani's slaw it sounds great.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by KatieElizabeth

I love kale just simply steamed. Apart from broccoli it's my favourite veggie.

What on earth is turkey bacon? Is that turkey and bacon or some weird pig/bird hybrid thing lol

Turkey bacon is just that, bacon made from Turkey. Seen in many breakfast rooms for people who can't/ don't eat pork.
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
I love kale in zuppa Toscana, but Dani's slaw recipe looks good too!
Lurker
0 likes
Tried kale for the first time today. Just had it steamed and served with spicy prawn sambal.

It's........ lets just say, I won't be having any other vege for a while!
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
I like kale/spring greens just in a good based frying pan, with a little water and sunflower oil. Once it heats, reduce the heat and put the lid on. Add some finely chopped garlic, and when the water evaporates add some soy sauce and keep stirring. Some sunflowers seeds can be nice thrown at this point too. Its a really nice, easy, tasty side dish to any main veg or meat.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Mancman2010
I do roasted beet root (smaller the sweeter) and toasted pine nuts and steamed kale. Cut the roasted beet root into small chunks and mix it all together with lots of black pepper and a small amount of butter.

Try chopped chestnuts instead of the pine nuts and let me know if you like it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by dpw

Try chopped chestnuts instead of the pine nuts and let me know if you like it.

I think you need to make it for me....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Spread it out on a baking tray put a bit of oil, a bit of five spice and some seasoning over it. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180C (stir it up occasionally)

Chinese-style crispy "seaweed"
Warning: The opinions above are those of an anonymous individual on the internet. They are opinions, unless they're facts. They may be ill-informed, out of touch with reality or just plain stupid. They may contain traces of irony. If reading these opinions causes you to be become outraged or you start displaying the symptoms of outrage, stop reading them immediately. If symptoms persist, consult a psychiatrist.

Why not read some stories instead

NEW! Want a quick read for your coffee break? Why not try this... Flash Erotica: Scrubber
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by overmykneenow
Spread it out on a baking tray put a bit of oil, a bit of five spice and some seasoning over it. Put it in the oven for about 20 minutes on 180C (stir it up occasionally)

Chinese-style crispy "seaweed"

Yes!! I just love a domesticated bloke.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

Kale Smoothie

Ingredients

1 cup loosely packed chopped stemmed kale
1 cup ice cubes
1 1/2 apples, peeled and chopped
1 banana
1/2 cup almond milk