Login

Page to screen

last reply
10 replies
2 watchers
14 likes
Certified Mind Reader
1 like

If you had the opportunity, would you want to see any of your LS published stories turned into a movie? Which one do you think would translate best from page to screen?

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Still learning, but getting better!
1 like

That is an interesting question. Are you not a Hollywood producer by any chance? 😊

My last competition story, "The Pull of the Paddle" gives a basic 5,000-word plot that could be adapted into a movie. But there are lots of stories here (probably better ones) that with a slightly different slant on them, could be rewritten to make the backbone story for a film.

A standalone office sex story: Back in the Office

My Unleashed comp entry: "The Pull of the Paddle"

Writius Eroticus
3 likes

Which one?! I am so heavily influenced by film, every one of my stories is a cinematic experience 🤣

But seriously, there are a few that I feel might work well...

Choices: Between A Cock And A Hard Place

Because I love the noirish setting as the protagonist has to come to terms with her decisions.

Fate Into Doubt Won't Go

Because washed up, cynical PIs put into difficult situations by beautiful women make great screen fodder.

Locke, Cock and Two Smoking Jetboots

Because the comedy antics of the wannabe James Bond character has oodles of scope.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 102 full stories, 10 micro-stories, and 2 poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 70 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Voyeur @ f/64
2 likes

Kimberly Has A Ball

I like the visuals and the characters, though it would probably be better suited to the Hallmark Erotica channel, than the big screen.

Simple Scribbler
3 likes

For me, The Black Rabbit series. (Ignore wrong title on link to first story. I changed title after saving in drafts.)

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/a-deadly-fuck

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/the-black-rabbit-part-two

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/cheating/the-black-rabbit-part-three

Five characters, set in the Roaring Twenties, in New York City. I think viewing the setting and costumes would bring these characters even more to life. smile

Certified Mind Reader
0 likes

I think the idea of seeing my stories brought to life by performers would be really hot, and I think (hope) that most of my stories lend themselves to that sort of visualization. Some of them - the ones with more interiority of the character's thoughts and hallucinations - might be a little challenging to adapt. But perhaps something like the neighbor series I've been working on for the last couple of years (with at least one more installment in the conceptualization stage) could make for a good feature film. Yoga Partners is another that I can see pretty clearly in my mind and would love to see played out on the screen.

Post-avant-retro-demelodicized-electro-yodel-core is my jam.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

What a fun question!

I think Lunch Buddies already feels a bit like a rom-com (granted, an X-rated one).

And I think One Wild Night would make a fun miniseries, since each episode could be from a different character's perspective.

Dirty Stop-out
2 likes

I think this would make a great film.. supernatural with celtic undertones Leanan about a muse who takes your life in exchange for creativity..

I think quite a few of my stories would make good films. i tend to write visually.. with actions rather than emotions.. I think absinthe makes the heart grow fonder would make a great movie too.. time travel.. love.. artists, Paris.. it's got it all really

2 competition winning stories, 1 Famous story, a smattering of Editor's Picks, a handful of Recommended Reads and one Clitorides award are scattered amongst my stories.

One of a handful of writers to get the Omnium badge for writing in every category

Voyeur @ f/64
2 likes

Quote by deviantsusie
I think quite a few of my stories would make good films. i tend to write visually.. with actions rather than emotions.. I think absinthe makes the heart grow fonder would make a great movie too.. time travel.. love.. artists, Paris.. it's got it all really

It would get my Academy vote -- start writing the screenplay.