Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How long does it take you to read 1000 words?

last reply
44 replies
5.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
4:37 Savouring it.
Choose n Practice Happiness

Life is simple; we are what we eat and what we read. Talk is superfluous.
Lurker
0 likes
4:39 for that piece.

On my computer I did this with an old (old) story I wrote - which was 6:22 for 1,000 words. I think that might be because it was heavy on the big-word side - and it was horridly written, so a lot of sentences made me re-read or slow down even more.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I finally got a stopwatch and stopped trying to count on my fingers and toes and read more than the first word. smile

Final Time: 1:59

But then I've always been a quick reader. I can also speed read but I find I lose some of the details in the story doing it that way.
Lurker
0 likes
Generally speaking, a minute per page (500 words).
Lurker
0 likes
Truly taking it all in and not just speed reading, about 4 minutes. I tend to be a speed reader so i often need to force myself to slow down and savor each word.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2 mins 8 seconds, without really savoring it smile
The Linebacker
0 likes
I'm still fascinated that they got an elephant into the room. Wow! Can you imagine if it has to do #1 or worse #2? Who'd clean that up?

...about 4 minutes but I'm dyslexic and slightly intoxicated.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
2mins47seconds...but my english is bad and i stumble on words. would be closer to 5mins if i stopped and took it all in better
my newest :)
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by Buz
I'm still fascinated that they got an elephant into the room. Wow! Can you imagine if it has to do #1 or worse #2? Who'd clean that up?

...about 4 minutes but I'm dyslexic and slightly intoxicated.

For #1 a mop and #2 a flat shovel.

It would have to depend on how well written the thousand words were. Sometimes I'll read a passage twice or more if it turns me on. Many phrases are to be savored not just glossed over. Probably 4 or 5 minutes.YhJLR2YJxy9MrdYQ
Lurker
0 likes
Four score and seven years...
Raised on Blackroot
0 likes
Two minutes flat. My reading speed is generally 500 words/minute with enough depth to remember things.

Reading online, however, can strain my eyes and slow me down. My speed definitely picks up when I'm reading a book or a magazine.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
About 2 minutes thirty seconds for reading only. Reading and assimilation will take about 4 minutes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Roughly three minutes, almost right on the dot, is what it took me to read what was posted. It varies based on the material, the person reading, and the presence or lack of any distractions but I’ve guesstimated that a thousand words takes about the same amount of time to read as it takes to listen to a song, as intentionally ambiguous of a measurement as that is.

And now that I’m finished posting here, I’m off to finish reading the rest.

I can’t think of a good tagline so this will have to do. Suggest a better one for me?

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Under two minutes.