Lush Stories 2.0 Coming Soon!

last reply
91 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Matriarch
0 likes
Following on from my post in June concerning site changes, I am delighted to announce that our new team of coders have made excellent progress on the new site, and it is a matter of weeks away.

They have done a successful data import and trial run on stories space (which will be ported over first), and are aiming for a launch date for the new lushstories.com around 17th August all being well.

The new platform is lightning fast, and purpose built to be responsive for all devices. It has a very clean and modern new design, and is a lot less cluttered.

It's human nature to dislike change, but I believe the new site and chat rooms in particular, will be a huge improvement.

Plus with a team of coders on board, we can make any changes our membership deem as necessary, in a much more expedient manner going forward.

EDIT: It is very likely you will need to log in to the new site when it happens, as your cookies will most likely be invalid. If you can't remember your password, click on the Forgotten Password (/ email address) link: https://www.lushstories.com/forgotten-password.aspx and go from there. If you used a throwaway email address or can't access it, use / set up a use a proper email account, then change it in your settings here: https://www.lushstories.com/membership/update-details.aspx - that way you won't be locked out and have to set up your profile all over again. We can't merge profiles.

Here are some screenshots from the front page of the staging site to give you an idea of how it will look (sorry about the grainy images! I'll upload some to my gallery so they aren't resized):

https://images.lushstories.com/4ea7bb5b9637310de08cd6e5/1.png

https://images.lushstories.com/4ea7bb5b9637310de08cd6e5/2.png

https://images.lushstories.com/4ea7bb5b9637310de08cd6e5/3.png

https://images.lushstories.com/4ea7bb5b9637310de08cd6e5/4.png
0 likes
Asked this over on SS but I know you're on here more, Nicola, I will drop it here, too. I know the stories are being carried over, but are the forum posts/threads being imported to the new environment or are we starting fresh?

Everything here looks great, though. A responsive site is something I have wanted for Lush and SS for a long time, and cleaning up and modernizing the site is a necessity. The current site really looks and feels like something from a decade ago, before mobile really became dominant, and needs a refresh. Looking forward to it.
Carey’d away.
0 likes
I think I'm the only one who isn't excited. I like it how it is now - probably a bit too much.

But if we have to update, could there be a compromise? Like where we can have the current look as a classic/throwback/flashback skin or something?

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by JustAnotherSapphic
I think I'm the only one who isn't excited. I like it how it is now - probably a bit too much.

But if we have to update, could there be a compromise? Like where we can have the current look as a classic/throwback/flashback skin or something?

Not possible, I'm afraid. It's not just a mobile friendly version of the existing site, it's a whole new site. There will definitely be a lot of differences, but the core of the site will remain the same. No doubt it will take some getting used to for us all. You're not alone in this
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
Asked this over on SS but I know you're on here more, Nicola, I will drop it here, too. I know the stories are being carried over, but are the forum posts/threads being imported to the new environment or are we starting fresh?

Everything here looks great, though. A responsive site is something I have wanted for Lush and SS for a long time, and cleaning up and modernizing the site is a necessity. The current site really looks and feels like something from a decade ago, before mobile really became dominant, and needs a refresh. Looking forward to it.

The staging site for SS has the forum posts imported. Think Lush will be the same, although if there are a lot of old dead posts not been updated in years, I'm not sure if everything will come over .
Carey’d away.
0 likes
Quote by Jen
Not possible, I'm afraid. It's not just a mobile friendly version of the existing site, it's a whole new site. There will definitely be a lot of differences, but the core of the site will remain the same. No doubt it will take some getting used to for us all. You're not alone in this

What if I never get used to it though? I don't do change very well in general and I'm scared.

My heart has wi-fi and the password is Drew Carey.

0 likes
Quote by Jen

The staging site for SS has the forum posts imported. Think Lush will be the same, although if there are a lot of old dead posts not been updated in years, I'm not sure if everything will come over .

Probably worth doing some filtering given the size of the board and the number of posts by deleted or long-absent users. Thanks, Jen.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Looks super cool!
Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Would be nice to see what the individual profile page will look like. Understand the features part of the site will be upgraded and work better, but Nicola's screenshots didn't show what her profile page will look like. Or did I miss it?
Meagan
0 likes
I think she only posted the main page (home page, front page, whatever you want to call it). I assume there will be changes to other pages, too.
Matriarch
0 likes
That's all I've got for you right now as the profile pages haven't had an import yet. Sorry!
Writius Eroticus
0 likes
Here's an example of the top part of a person's profile page with a default banner image. Things are still in flux and there's some stuff to be ironed out below the fold so I'll leave that out for now. But expect it to look kinda like this on desktop:

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Sexy Seductive Siren
0 likes
Quote by WannabeWordsmith
Here's an example of the top part of a person's profile page with a default banner image. Things are still in flux and there's some stuff to be ironed out below the fold so I'll leave that out for now. But expect it to look kinda like this on desktop:

Thanks, WannabeWordsmith. Looking forward to it.
Meagan
Weaver of Words
0 likes
I do think the forums could use some culling and rearranging, especially weeding out some of the multitude of kiss. lick, suck, fuck, date, pass, no pass, etc threads. however, if whole threads are removed, how will that effect the post count. I am not sure where that data is stored, but if it is in the forum coding itself, it could be an issue. if it is stored in each person's profile, and the counter there is just increased by one with each new post, then it shouldn't be an issue.

I also think there should be a mod or mods that verify each new thread to ensure it isn't another duplicate thread and also make sure the thread is in the correct section. similar to a story mod, but approval would be rather simple.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by adele
I do think the forums could use some culling and rearranging, especially weeding out some of the multitude of kiss. lick, suck, fuck, date, pass, no pass, etc threads. however, if whole threads are removed, how will that effect the post count. I am not sure where that data is stored, but if it is in the forum coding itself, it could be an issue. if it is stored in each person's profile, and the counter there is just increased by one with each new post, then it shouldn't be an issue.

I also think there should be a mod or mods that verify each new thread to ensure it isn't another duplicate thread and also make sure the thread is in the correct section. similar to a story mod, but approval would be rather simple.

I take it you mean in this forum? https://forum.lushstories.com/yaf_topics25_Word--Forum-Games--Jokes.aspx

That would all have to be done manually.

The best way to do it would be to hide those threads so people's post counts aren't affected, or move them to the multi-page thread forum (where few venture). Deleting them would lower the post count of those who contributed.

If you post a list of threads you'd like moving, I can do that for now. I do the housekeeping periodically but it's such a dull task I just leave that forum alone mostly.
0 likes
This looks very exciting! Will there be some new emojis as well? New avatars?
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Godsangel
This looks very exciting! Will there be some new emojis as well? New avatars?

I think all the current emojis will be replaced with more modern ones which look a lot clearer on all devices. It's a case of let's see what's going to be there by default and perhaps adding in new ones if requested / necessary.

Do you mean default avatars people can choose from? https://www.lushstories.com/membership/view-avatars.aspx

I'm not sure what's happening with those to be honest. It's always preferable that people create their own unique one so they stand out more.
"the Great God (snicker)" - James 'Bear' Llewellyn
0 likes
Looking good so far.
Let's hope the new interface is intuitive enough that the transition is smooth.

Kite's Kinky Tales

My latest offering -

Once more in Love Poems - My Forever Beauty

My 2 previous submissions:

Both Love Poems

Pearls

As The New Year Dawns

Please read and enjoy. If you really enjoyed a story someone has written; how about clicking on 'Like' and/or 'Favorite'.
Why not leave a comment too?

0 likes
Question about the forum threads.

It's no surprise that I bomb them often, so often that I've bookmarked a little over 200 threads.

So, will these links be obsolete once the new revamped site is active?

Oh, can we start telling users to remember their password cause I'm pretty sure we'll have to login to new site.
Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS

Question about the forum threads.

It's no surprise that I bomb them often, so often that I've bookmarked a little over 200 threads.

So, will these links be obsolete once the new revamped site is active?

The new site runs a version of PHP. This site runs asp.net (aspx file naming).

Your bookmarks will no longer exist on the new server. For example:

https://www.lushstories.com/bisexual.aspx/3

That category page on the new site will end up being something like: lushstories.com/stories/bisexual - which makes much more sense to search engines.

I will check with Griffers but I believe only the main areas of the site will be URL remapped, not all the forum posts and all the rest of it.

The reason being you can only tell googlebot to do so much, they limit the number of URLs that they recommend you map in such a way, and a lot of it would probably need to be done manually, which is a non-starter on a site this size. Sorry!

Quote by IMPÜRETHOUGHTS
Oh, can we start telling users to remember their password cause I'm pretty sure we'll have to login to new site.

Good idea! I'll post something this week.
Easily amused
0 likes
Is there any way we can import over the infamous "hot tub of cum" thread to the new site? I love that thread. I reread it when I'm feeling down.

Tintinnabulation - first place (Free Spirit)
Comet Q - second place (Quick and Risqué Sex)
Amnesia - third place (Le Noir Erotique)

Resident Otaku
0 likes
Will we lose our stats as writers? Like our view count, average ratings across our stories etc? Some of us who write longer series, especially with long chapters over 6000+ words don't attract as many readers so it's taken me forever to get to 83,000 views, and the majority of my readers are anon accounts who don't interact so even getting past 5/6 ratings on my submissions is hard work. There are badges connected to views so starting again will be rough.

Also on an aesthetics thing, does the site come in black too?
Charming as fuck
0 likes
Quote by utterchaos
Will we lose our stats as writers?

Stats and badges will remain the same.

Quote by utterchaos
Also on an aesthetics thing, does the site come in black too?

Probably not right away anyway, but I'm sure it can go on the list for wants further down the line smile

Quote by ensorceled
Is there any way we can import over the infamous "hot tub of cum" thread to the new site?

I had to search that one. Too funny. Yes, just for you
Kinky Quill
0 likes
Will profiles be transported over, ie biographies, stories, and galleries, or will we need to redo our profiles completely ?
I am glad that a flutter can mean so much, and be oh so powerful! Whilst I bring my own kind of chaos to those I choose to know everywhere, I do believe in Chaos theory, and I am glad that it is suggested that the fluttering wings of a butterfly can be felt the other side of the globe, it gives me hope that I can caress your soul.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think I'm gonna love it. And I love changes!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YOU CAN'T LET ANYONE COME IN BETWEEN YOU AND THE THINGS YOU'RE PASSIONATE ABOUT IN THIS LIFE, OR IT AIN'T WORTH LIVING.

Matriarch
0 likes
Quote by Fluttered
Will profiles be transported over, ie biographies, stories, and galleries, or will we need to redo our profiles completely ?

Profiles will be transported over.

I’m hoping that everything currently on someone’s profile will be carried over.
0 likes

Quote by nicola

Good idea! I'll post something this week.

It's ok, it gives me something to do once the site goes live.

And for the password, may I suggest sending an email cause I recall many users mentioning that they use a throwaway email for lush.

Why they use a throwaway email and password for lush, a site they visit often, is strange.