New Interactions menu shows previously favourited stories

last reply
14 replies
1.5k views
1 watcher
3 likes
Charming as fuck
2 likes

If you click on your profile, you'll see an option for interactions (previously called my comments). This contains a list of stories, forum posts, photos, comments etc that other people have liked of yours. You can filter to see one particular area.

If you click on 'sent', you can see what you've liked of other people's and again you can filter by area.

Just to advise, if you click on sent, and then filter by story likes, you'll see all your old favourites in there. I've asked if there is a way anything liked before the change to V2 can be put back into your favourites list. I'm not sure if that's possible, but for now you should be able to find them in here.

It's in date order, so if you scroll to the last page, it's likely to be all the stories you previously had favourited.

The profile area overhaul was put on hold while the teamed worked to make changes and improvements to the stories/scores etc, so they'll be getting back to working on profiles next week.

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes

thanks for the update, new boss. smile

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Rookie Scribe
0 likes

Thank you very much...

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

I think I saw an explanation of how scores works but because I wasn't writing then I didn't pay attention. Could someone explain it to me?

Living bi-cariously through Lush
0 likes

Nice changes overall. I only just noticed the other day that the old ratings system was gone. I'd used it to gauge which of my stories were hottest, mostly trying to ignore the (thankfully rare) 1 ratings. But I'm good with the new system, and I like the new Interactions feature.

On another note, maybe this is covered earlier in the thread ... it seems like some of my "older" stories (I've been on here less than three years) seem to have fewer comments than they used to. Were a lot of old comments "cleaned up"? To be clear, there was one mean comment on a 2020 story I'd always wanted to clean up, and now it's gone, so glad for that.

My newest story! Midlife Renewal: Tiles and Smiles

I get dicked by a federal agent. My top-ten Noir Competition entry: Dick Job

Card catalog? Hard catalog! My library

Writius Eroticus
0 likes

Comments are removed if the author deletes their account (or it was deleted by a moderator for violating T&Cs). So yes, some older stories lose comments if readers / writers move on and delete.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Voyeur @ f/64
0 likes

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Comments are removed if the author deletes their account (or it was deleted by a moderator for violating T&Cs). So yes, some older stories lose comments if readers / writers move on and delete.

I have quite a few comments now marked "Unknown User." I remember who some of them were and know they have left Lush for whatever reason. Will their comments eventually disappear? My scribbles don't get enough to be a read enticer, but it's sweet to look back and see that someone cared. I'd hate to lose them.

Writius Eroticus
0 likes

Hmmm yeah, maybe the comments remain now as Unknown User. There was a time when they were deleted along with the user account, but maybe that's changed. Good point.

Please browse my digital bookshelf. In this collection, you can find 101 stories, nine micro-stories, and two poems with the following features:

* 26 Editor's Picks, 69 Recommended Reads.
* 15 competition podium places, 9 other times in the top ten.
* 20 collaborations.
* A whole heap of often filthy, tense, hot sex.

Charming as fuck
0 likes

Quote by WannabeWordsmith

Hmmm yeah, maybe the comments remain now as Unknown User. There was a time when they were deleted along with the user account, but maybe that's changed. Good point.

Takes the vodka off you

Get this man a coffee

The Linebacker
0 likes

I'm a bit lost. This will still not restore all the favorites, readers posted on our stories, or will it show a restored list of them?

Rainbow in the Dark
1 like

Quote by Buz

I'm a bit lost. This will still not restore all the favorites, readers posted on our stories, or will it show a restored list of them?

My understanding is, the favourites were renamed to "likes" in the move from V1 to V2, and users could go to a list of "liked" stories, so it was the same, but different name. Unfortunately, in the move to the new scoring system recently, it seems that rather than renaming "likes" back to "favourites" and converting scores to "likes", instead all the "likes" (and so also old "favourites") were lumped together with the scores and left as "likes".

Whether or not that means that a favourite and score on the old site has now been converted to simply one score rather than the two it should be is not clear, but I suspect it is the case. The "liked" stories list you get from the instructions above is not the same as the "favourites" - it's a list of every story you've ever voted on or favourited, with no way to differentiate between the two. So I guess I'll just have to go through Tam, Sprite, and Violet's stories and manually re-favourite them then.

Likewise, if you change the instructions slightly and look at likes sent, this would seem to be both votes and favourites added together without differentiation. So no, you can't see who favourited which story anymore, only who favourited AND/OR scored your story (for stories posted before the scoring system change). Unless they decide to dedicate time to untangle it using an older backup of the database, if such a thing exists.

Whether we will see who has favourited our stories going forward is a good question - I have only posted a single poem since recent the change, and one person has added it to their favourites, but I don't see a way to see who.

Punked competition entry: Punk’s Undead

A very naughty Catholic schoolgirl: Emma (Part 1) (RR) | (Part 2)

Horror: Women Of Dark Desires(RR), Doll Parts (EP), Lo! Baphomet! A Queer Erotic Horror (OS)

A cheeky little micro: Go Fuck Yourself!

Simple Scribbler
0 likes

SBB, you lost me after, "My understanding is." blink I may just start over and add links to my favs at the bottom of my Kimmi'sKorner thread. smile

Rainbow in the Dark
0 likes

Quote by KimmiBeGood
SBB, you lost me after, "My understanding is."

Sorry, I was waffling.

TL;DR: no one but you can see which stories you've favourited at the moment, and no one but you can see how many of your stories have been favourited or by whom at the moment. This may or may not change when profiles are changed. There's a counter for favourites on individual stories and they count towards story scores now.

So yes, if you want to recommend other's stories, you need to do it by other means. Favourites now just saves it for you to read again conveniently and gives the story an extra point.

Punked competition entry: Punk’s Undead

A very naughty Catholic schoolgirl: Emma (Part 1) (RR) | (Part 2)

Horror: Women Of Dark Desires(RR), Doll Parts (EP), Lo! Baphomet! A Queer Erotic Horror (OS)

A cheeky little micro: Go Fuck Yourself!