Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

If you had enough money to quit your job, what would you do?

last reply
133 replies
8.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
We've played the lottery as a group at work before and inevitably you ask, what would you do if you won? Given that odds are we aren't going to be mega millionaires, a lot of people said they'd quit their current job (IT person under lots of stress) and do X. Most popular answer was "mix paint at Home Depot". So I'm curious, what job would you want?

Me? Currently I think I would go work at an adult store that sells toys, etc. I'd love to do that in retirement! I want to be the little old lady behind the counter that says "Aww honey really? Extra large condoms? Who are we kidding?" Or "trust me, you want the cherry lube in that brand. It tastes the best."
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Been over this scenario a number of times. I would coach a middle school basketball team (boys or girls), invest in two local charities where I volunteer, and I would do nice things for my friends. At one point I would take a 3 month trip to Europe. Give me more time, and I can add a lot to this bucket list.

Class of 82 - The Little Sister Halloween Party ~ My newest story preparing for the annual fraternity Halloween party.
Journey With You ~ A love poem about a full life shared.
The Game's Ultimate Prize ~ The evening begins with cocktails ... a recommended read.
Lurker
0 likes
Write Erotica and Romance.

Gosh durn, I already do that. biggrin
Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Buy England. I've always wanted my own country.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
BUy Lush stories and hire some web cam girls for my all new chat rooms
0 likes
Get a little place in the mountains and write The Great Canadian Novel.
Cryptic Vigilante
0 likes
1- I'd buy a cozy brick house similar to this (nothing overly big), and I'd build a home studio in the basement:

2- I'd buy these two cars (Camaro Z28 1969, Volvo V40 T5):

3- I'd travel across America with my Camaro, then I'd travel to Europe for a while; maybe 1-2 years in total for all my travels.

4- I'd get back home and I'd do the exact same job as I'm doing right now, though I'd probably work a bit less (maybe 4 days/week). I love my job and I love doing a favor to society; I strongly dislike this 'I'm rich and I'm above everything, no need to provide anything to anyone' mentality. I'm talented in what I do, and I'd want to offer my skills as much as I can; plus doing nothing of my life would be boring as hell.

5- I'd invest here and there and maybe make a bit of money that way, but I'd give most of it to charitable causes.

6- I'd have fun with my girlfriend, my house, my cars and my home studio, and hopefully I'd release a record at some point.
Lurker
0 likes
"If you had enough money to quit your job, what would you do?"

Quit my job....
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Invite some Lush friends for the party of the Decade........suggestions for the venue are most welcome ?
My Karma just ran over your Dogma
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have a few businesses in mind hat I would like to start but not the capitol to start them and keep them going till they make it on their own, and they are in such different business areas that they would have to be under different roofs.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by sprite

Please may I be your housekeeper
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
There are way to many places I haven't visited.......
Lurker
0 likes
Buy a nice big lake somewhere, with a nice log cabin by it in the middle of nowhere. Stock it with some loads of nice big fish
and quite happily live there for the rest of my life. Oh it had to be a nice warm place, not to warm tho otherwise the fish don't feed as much....
Yes that sounds perfect to me
Testing The Waters.
0 likes
The #1 priority would be making sure there's enough money put aside and growing for my son to have quality managed care for life. He's severely autistic, and family options are questionable at best when you get to his generation.

Quit my current job for sure. The hours are hell -- regular start time till who-knows-when. Could be two in the afternoon, and could be two in the morning. I've had both of those happen in the same week before.

I'd probably lose my mind sitting around idle, though. If I had enough money that I could lose money on a business, I'd probably set up a game shop that stocked every type of source material, with gaming tables and high-speed gaming rigs in the back, and operate it myself. If there were enough people coming in to game, I might hire somebody else to provide more hours for them to do so.

The boy would have his own room to goof off in behind the counter, of course.

A nice house with a real master bedroom and bath. One guest room and a big bedroom + playroom for my son.

Electricity on buttloads of circuits so I don't ever have to worry about overloading anything, and will probably never use every plug I have. Ceiling fans in every room. Every switch behind some sort of locking cover so I can keep the young one from turning on every damn thing in the house the moment he gets up or comes home from school. Back up generator that will run the whole house uninterrupted for at least 24 hours. The young one loses his mind when the power goes out.

Some sort of digital media box with a remote and custom software to put all of my son's movies on, so I don't have to worry about him destroying the physical media or burning up DVD players that are always on, but only watched a fraction of the time. It's the sound in the background he's after.

Easily accessed water shut-off valves on every single tap and at least a couple of area shut-offs. On-demand, tankless water heater.

Attached, heated, two car garage with plenty of loft storage. Heavy-duty pickup truck for when I need it, and a comfortable car on lease, so I constantly have something almost new and reliable.

Basement because I live on the fringe of tornado alley. Attached, reasonably comfortable, well-stocked storm shelter, which isn't under the house itself, has a second exit, and its own dedicated generator for the same reason.

At least one room that has a wood-burning stove with a direct-access wood shed in case all else fails in a bad winter storm.

I may have thought about it from time to time.
Bonnet Flaunter
0 likes
Quote by sprite

I wouldn't bother, love. Its overpriced.... ;)
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Pay off my student loans first, and then travel the world, starting in Asia.
Lurker
0 likes
I would love to work for this magazine

Her Royal Spriteness
0 likes
Quote by trinket

Oh buy the whole planet HRH

then you can rule the world.

didn't you get the memo? i already do.

You can’t truly call yourself peaceful unless you are capable of violence. If you’re not capable of violence, you’re not peaceful. You’re harmless.

Lurker
0 likes
Oh that's easy. I'd work part time at a high-end outfitter and help people choose the right backpacking gear, or maybe just volunteer for the Siera club or some other organization that works to protect the environment.
Lurker
0 likes
I'll not work for money.... there're things like career and reputation which interest me more..... Money will be an automatic byproduct in sufficient quantity..... Having said that, I like those above who'd still like to continue with their jobs or involve in more interesting and useful activities smile
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the first thing I would do is call a former co-worker who was left with something over $300,000 in medical bills when the company's insurance cancelled her policy at the first sign of cancer, and tell her to get a lawyer: We're going to make a cash settlement on this.
After that I don't know.... Maybe I'd buy Winnebago Industries and fire everybody who pissed me off over the years
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
Sail the seven seas and then re visit the favourite spots
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
How will I know how much is enough? The Koch Bros. have $86 billion, and apparently, that's not even enough!

I can't get any of my sisters to step in and take over our family business so I can go off and have fun like they do! In the meantime, my kid sister flies off to Cancun, Denmark, Greece, South Africa... while I stay here and work my butt off. ~grumble grumble~
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Retirement HAS been on my mind of late. I have family obligations (a sick mother) but I've set my time frame at 12 months from now. I've always enjoyed travel and would like to explore previously unvisited places, on this continent and others. Some parts of the world intrigue me more than others; I'd like to cruise the mediteranean ports, revisit the Pacific Northwest and San Francisco, and I've always wanted to see Brazil and Spain. A friend built a house in Costa Rica recently and I have a standing invitation. I'm close to Chicago, and enjoy the clubs there. I'd like to go fishing; plenty of nice lakes in Michigan. I think I would write some more; I've still got a few stories in me. And I'd like to donate time and energy to a good cause in return for the blessings I've received. The notion of paying it back appeals to me. And visit family and friends who I haven't had time and energy for while raising a family.
“It's nice sometimes to open up the heart a little and let some hurt come in. It proves you're still alive.”