- Story contestants must agree to the terms and conditions of our site.
- You must be the original Author of all works you publish. Full copyright is retained by the author.
- Stories must follow our guidelines of acceptable content.
- New Stories only should be entered, not stories you've previously submitted here, or that have been published anywhere else online. Only standalone stories should be submitted, not those which are part of a series. Stories should be less than 12,000 words. Longer stories will be rejected.
- We do not accept co-written stories. It may give an unfair advantage to the co-authors.
- Competitions are free to enter, and open to everyone over the age of 18 (provided it is legal in your country to view our site).
- Authors may submit only one story entry per competition.
- Stories will be judged based on a number of factors. These include the average score received from surfers / members (stories need to have a minimum of 10 votes to qualify for the competition), but primarily, from the input of a selected panel of judges. The decisions on the winners are final, and no correspondence concerning any aspect of our choices will be entered into.
- Prizes will be outlined on each individual competition's pages. Prize money will be paid in US$, and sent via Paypal. The prizes can be transferred to Amazon Gift Vouchers should that suit the winner better.
- A story can only ever win one prize. No winning story is to be resubmitted to another competition.
- Winning entries will be posted on the original story contest page. Winners will be contacted via our Private Messaging systems, as well as Email. If the author is uncontactable within 60 days of us posting the results, or they do not claim within this time, they will forfeit their prize and it will be used in future contests.
- Winners must grant lushstories.com the right to display their story for 12 months after the competition has closed, so new readers have time to enjoy their story. Authors will retain all their usual copyrights to their stories.
- Lushstories.com reserves the right to disqualify without notice or explanation, any author suspected of vote tampering, manipulation, cheating in any way, or plagiarism.
- We reserve the right to change the contest rules, substitute the prizes, or even cancel competitions for any or no reason.
If you have any questions regarding our contests or rules, please contact us.