Favorite Movie of the Year so far!

last reply
63 replies
5.0k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My favorite movie of 2013 was "Dallas Buyers Club". It was hands down the best movie I saw last year.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Wolf of wall street up to now in 2014 & iron man3 for 2013
Constant Gardener
0 likes
The best one that was the hardest to watch (3 times already) - 12 Years a Slave (get and read a copy of Northup's narrative book, for a real load of wow)

The best one that I've now watched half a dozen times - Wolf of Wall Street.
The same GQP demanding we move on from January 6th, 2021 is still doing audits of the November 3rd, 2020 election.
The Linebacker
0 likes
I really enjoyed The Wolf of Wall Street. It has a lot of female full frontal nudity!! Leonardi DiCaprio is really a damned excellent actor. He might be a dick in real life, but yeah, he's got the acting thing down. He really should lift some weights. He has some puny arms in his shirtless scenes. I think my little sister could beat him arm wrestling.

Since it is based in reality, I read up online a review of how close it was to the real events. It looked like its about as real as it gets for a Hollywood movie. Three things it stated that were not real, 1) people didn't go around calling Jordan Belfort, Wolf; 2) He never had a monkey at the office; 3) it was a Mercedes he wrecked coming back from the country club while on ludes. The article backed up the rest off the movie and really, that's the most important stuff. So its great to see a 'true' movie that is really close to the truth..

In real life I hate that those assholes got such light prison sentences. They stole millions from working class blue collar people, wiped out people's hard earned life savings, selling them those worthless stock investments.

I like that fellow UGA grad, Kyle Chandler, was in the movie. he plays the FBI agent leading the investigation.

I also enjoyed that movie, American Hustle. Loved those Studio 54 dresses that showed all those tits!