What is your GUILTY PLEASURE music?

last reply
34 replies
3.9k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Guilty Pleasure - something, such as a movie, television program, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.

I'd add, maybe one even feels a little embarrassed by it.

This morning, I woke to an old Go-Go's song. Yup. For me, it's The Go-Go's.

I love it all, but prefer the stuff that didn't make the radio or became as popular. It was sometimes darker but usually had a more melancholy sound.

0 likes
I don't want to live in a world where the Go-Gos are a guilty pleasure. And I thought they were pretty highly regarded in their time.

Air Supply. Definitely now in "blast from the past" territory and it's kind of too bad. Russell Hitchcock had a great voice, but the music was just such generic pop ballads and anthems that it was kind of wasted in retrospect. Still like 'em though.

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
I don't want to live in a world where the Go-Gos are a guilty pleasure. And I thought they were pretty highly regarded in their time.

Air Supply. Definitely now in "blast from the past" territory and it's kind of too bad. Russell Hitchcock had a great voice, but the music was just such generic pop ballads and anthems that it was kind of wasted in retrospect. Still like 'em though.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so sure you were going with ABBA. BTW, I hear ABBA is in the studio recording a new album. See my OH BOY tag below. I can't wait...
0 likes
Quote by Ping

I was so sure you were going with ABBA. BTW, I hear ABBA is in the studio recording a new album. See my OH BOY tag below. I can't wait...

ABBA is NOT a guilty pleasure. Benny and Bjorn are among the top songwriters of that era, at least musically (no, I'm not being ironic). And their return is long overdue.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by seeker4
ABBA is NOT a guilty pleasure. Benny and Bjorn are among the top songwriters of that era, at least musically (no, I'm not being ironic). And their return is long overdue.

Whoa. Easy, there Tex. You must still be in your ABBA PJ's. Sorry about that. It's just a thread.

I agree. I loved them. Too funny, Dude!
0 likes
Quote by Ping

Whoa. Easy, there Tex. You must still be in your ABBA PJ's. Sorry about that. It's just a thread.

I agree. I loved them. Too funny, Dude!

Listen again to the last couple ABBA albums and Chess. They were masters of the hook and there's some surprisingly complex harmonies and accompaniments in there.
Lurker
0 likes
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes

Don't get me wrong, a lot of people enjoy this song and they are a great band, but it's such a strange song. For some reason it feels wrong to "enjoy" it. Some standup comedian (maybe Louis C.K.) told a story about standing in the grocery store and when this song came on he had sudden, inexplicable urge to kill himself, which he attributed to the song.

I'm fully aware how strange and ridiculous that story is, but if you haven't heard it in a while, give it a listen and you'll see for yourself.
Gentleman Stranger
0 likes
Anything by the late Chris LeDoux, a real cowboy singing real cowboy songs. Embarrassed to say I'd never heard of him until Garth Brooks mentioned "a worn out tape of Chris LeDoux, lonely women and bad booze" in the song 'Much Too Young to Feel This Damn Old'. Great voice and a very class guy, but underappreciated imho.

Ungovernable
0 likes
Anything by Louis Jordan
The Bruiser
0 likes
My guilty pleasure has to be listening to old Britney Spears songs. In her older stuff you can still her beautiful natural singing voice that seems to have been lost in her more recent music

For the past few months I’ve been using Instagram and been using the site to post my photography . Here’s the link to my profile 

https://www.instagram.com/farmerroger1/

My recommended read

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/love-poems/amongst-the-arabian-sands

here’s a link to my photography album in my media

https://www.lushstories.com/profile/farmerroger/media?album=2399646

0 likes
Taylor Swift.

I consider her music little more than jingles but once I hear them, I hum them. Then sing. I'm sad I even wrote this down, but guilty pleasures require confession.
Lurker
0 likes
Taylor Swift, love to blast it in the car when no one can hear
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

ok, so listening to this on repeat has been my deep dark secret for the past few weeks. it combines two things i ABSOLUTELY adore: dr. seuss and hip hop. i'm not a migos' fan, BUT, this mash-up of 'walk it like i talk it' and dr. seuss' there's a wocket in my pocket! has brought me much giddiness and constant head nods. there, i said it.

Say. Her. Name.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Michael Buble.

Normally I'm ETID, Prodigy, Gob, Slayer etc. but the Buble is good.
{allba115-feed-5eed-facedeadbeef}
Lurker
0 likes
Back in 2000, this was the song of the summer for me and my friends. Super catchy.

I still play it live now and then. It's super easy to play and always puts me in a good mood.

I sing and play rhythm guitar but this is one of the only songs that I do the solo for.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A Flamenco Guitar.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
this one usualy does it.
my witty cum-back is on its way
The Bee's Knees
0 likes

the hairbrush anthem?

Say. Her. Name.

Clumeleon
0 likes
Quote by sweet_as_candy
80s cheese.

Lurker
0 likes
When I am 'involved' in a masturbation session in front of my desktop monitor, I listen on headphones to an internet channel for Celtic/New Age music. Somehow it is soothing and speaks to the subtle and refined part of my mind. A nice counterpoint to the sexual lust flooding through me.

No I am not a pagan...

Lurker
0 likes
80s Madonna. If it's Madonna in the 80s, I probably know every word.
Sitting at the edge of darkness
0 likes
Probably some classic rock with a few blues and metal thrown in. I used to cut grass to Johnny Lang and Kenny Wayne Shepard with some BB King mixed in
Check out Kiteares A-Z of kinks and fetishes in micros. The first is of course A Actirasty (if you read it you won't have to google it!)

I HAVE FINISHED MY A-Z GLIMPSE OF THE MEETING OF INTERNET FRIENDS. STARTING WITH ANTICIPATION https://www.lushstories.com/stories/microfiction/-anticipation--2.aspx

https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/good-morning-baby.aspx
https://www.lushstories.com/stories/flash-erotica/-sweet-nectar-.aspx