Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How do you pick which story on Lush to read?

last reply
66 replies
8.2k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
The opening lines, the tag lines and the number of comments. The score isn't always indicative.
Story Verifier
0 likes
1. new stories by friends
2. new stories by authors I'm following
3. older stories by friends or authors I'm following
4. new stories based on tags, descriptive line and opening paragraph.
5. random story button (but I don't always read every one that pops up).
6. stories down the list a way that have no votes, occasionally finding a gem, occasionally learning what or how NOT to write

I miss the average scores being on the home page stories. I always read high scoring stories,
now I find my self finishing fewer stories before clicking the 'back' button
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well for me i came here for the stories but have gotten sidetracked by some very wonderful people so my reading of stories has taken a bit of a hit but, the reading i have done, i have picked the story first by the name. Im not saying a title has to be the most impressive title ever made, but some thought in it helps. Some dont always need an impressive title though and the simple ones work. Once a story has been found i will read the first paragraph to get a feel for the story as well as the writer and if i enjoy it i will finish it isp willing
Lurker
0 likes
It has pictures.
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I think most choose a category then its pretty random just like taking a brightly coloured book off the shelf. What amazes me is the amount of stuff some authors have written. I don't complete what I don't like but move on; sometimes two or three times.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I always read all the stories written by authors that I follow (just wish I'd always remember to comment and score them but I am usually so turned on afterward I forget, Sorry!!) . Other than that it may be that the title catches my interest or there is a short one line lead in that peaks my interest. Other times it can be the tags that get me or a certain subject may be in my head. And other times it may be an endorsement from a friend.

Many reasons!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
So as someone who just began posting some writings AND is new to the site with only a couple of friends so far, is there anything I can do that would encourage people to take the time to read my stuff? It seems that many here are saying they read only people the know, are recommended by friends, or that follow them. This makes perfect sense, but is kind of diffiecult for newbies, like me, to get any attention. HA, not that I'm striving to be an attention whore or anything...nope not me. :-)
Comments and suggestions of my stories are always welcome.
Thanks, Scott

http://www.lushstories.com/stories/oral-sex/into-the-woods.aspx
Princess Blondie
0 likes
I like to read by only a few. Or from certain categories. I'll go by the tags. I avoid certain tags for many reasons and I'll check the title too.
†Jinxy Approved†

Primus Omnium
0 likes
In one word, Friends. I ready everything I can from my friends. I follow all who are writers. That keeps me busy enough. I have to have some time for my own writing.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like to read stories written by or recommended by my friends, but I also like to skim the latest stories published to see what catches my eye. If a story or poem piques my interest, I will look for that author's writings again.