Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

How did you get started writing erotica?

last reply
67 replies
14.5k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
My lover, early in our affair, shared with me an erotic story he had written. Reading it was like another secret view of him, very personal and private. It not only excited me sexually, but made my love for him grow. After that I wrote a story for him. It was a sort of love letter, more personal and revealing than anything I had written before. I got so excited in the writing of it, I loved doing it! I was excited when I gave it to him, and excited while he read it. The sex that followed was fantastic. After that we both kept entertaining each other with more and more lurid stories. I guess that's why my stories seem to appeal more to men. I still write with an intent to excite a man.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I said I'd write a story for a friend as a joke to see if I could embarrass her with its content, needless to say she enjoyed what I wrote and I've been taking suggestions for scenarios she would like to read and kept it up.
This post comes to you from the original and highly disorganised mind of mine...be scared, I certainly am, lol
Lurker
0 likes
I have a friend in another site that wrote stories and he would ask me to read them. He used to be in here. He kind of told me to take a stab at it.
I did and have written like 40 some.
Lurker
0 likes
I've been a writer since my early teens. In the earlier days of the Internet and chat rooms (then called BBSes), it was apparent that people were sending and reading erotic stories back and forth, posted here and there somewhat under the general radar. I read a few and thought, I know I can do better than this. So I tried my hand at it, so to speak, and had good responses. Later on, when websites got fancier and more sophisticated, I submitted more stories and eventually became (under a pen name) an editor at two sites for several years. Then I retired from that profession as it was getting "rather extreme" and somewhat silly to boot. Everyone thinks they can write erotica these days. Some publishers and websites agree.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Way back in the late 1970s, I was a college student at "a large Midwestern university", which was pretty much a code phrase for a Big 10 school. Penthouse Magazine had a letters to the editor section that basically became a submit your story section. A girl that I knew told me a true story of an experience she had. With her permission, I wrote it up and sent it in and it got published. That was a thrill.
My latest story is too hot to publish. My most recent story before that is Even Stranger In Lust
Lurker
0 likes
I honestly began writing it because I couldn't find what I really wanted to read in print. Or if I did find the genre I wanted, the stories were not well written or researched. So I wrote what I wanted to read and a friend found the book and just began to read he read it cover to cover and demanded more lol. So I wrote some stuff for him and then I found Lush.
Lurker
0 likes
I've always enjoyed writing and when i came to Lush I told myself I would give it a try and I finally got off my ass and wrote my first story.

I should have done this months ago
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I've been writing erotica for about 3 weeks now. Haven't written anything since school.

I started with a short vignette that I had designed around a D/s scene where the Dom would not actually touch the sub.

That morphed into The Training of Lucy, in which I tried to tell a REAL story about how a TPE relationship might begin.

After that, I wrote a DD story, but it was rejected as the framework for consent was not sufficiently clear. As a replacement, I wrote a story about a maintenance spanking. By coincidence, the sub's name was Amanda and I happened to think to myself that it would be quite a challenge to write a spanking story from A to Z. I'm through "O" at the moment... Eleven more to go...
My novel, The Society, is available now in the Kindle Store: http://www.amazon.com/The-Society-ebook/dp/B00BPF9U2I