Join the best erotica focused adult social network now
Login

I don't have writers block (apparently I was wrong. shit)

last reply
3 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
To me that's when yo can't come up with a story idea at all. My 'To write' Is way to huge for that to happen any time soon.

My problem is I lose the desire to write. Sometimes for months, leaving stories half finished.

Does this particular problem happen to anyone else or is it just me?
Story Verifier
0 likes
Writer's block is exactly that. I've had this too, lots of unfinished pieces on my hard drive and thousands of ideas in my head, but lacking the emotion that pushed me towards writing.

My personal cure was to participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month). It's got its own site and forums for that month where you can talk with others and cheer each other up. The goal is to write 50,000 words (the minimum length for a printed novel) in the month of November. I had to do some plotting beforehand so I didn't get lost, and I had to force myself through some very exhausting days where I got hardly anything written. But I was fed up with my "I'll write that when I feel more like it" attitude, and I persevered.

It's a bit like with sports, at least to me. It was easy to get excited and start running or swimming, but once the first wave of enthusiasm had worn off and the weather wasn't to my liking, keeping it up got hard. The brain's a funny little place, though, because it loves patterns. Once I had managed to write each day and was rewarded by all the happy hormones that my body released when I realized that I had reached my daily goal (not to speak of making the 50,000 words which I even overshot by good margin), my brain was hooked. There are still times when outside factors dampen my desire to write, but I've found a wonderful muse who can get the corners of my mouth quirk upwards and get the ball rolling in my head again.

I think I've already said it in another thread, but perhaps not in these terms - the brain's an electronic muscle, and it needs to be exercised. Writing constantly, even if its just a measly hundred words a day, gets it into shape and makes writing so natural that you simple can't not write anymore.
Mazztastic
0 likes
Welcome to writer's block... it can take many forms - my personal one is procrastination. It's not that I don't have the time to write, I really do, even though I've been busy.

I actually finished a series and also wrote a poem in the last week and the reason is because a friend said I should limit myself to 45 minutes a day and even if it's going well, I should stop at the 45 minute mark...

It actually worked. He's a very smart friend...

Now I just need to keep the momentum going.

My advice to you is, find a strategy that works for you and stick with it (easy, huh?)