Is Beauty in the eye of the beholder?

last reply
4 replies
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
Okay, one for you ladies out there:
Having been someone who is not blessed with Greek Adonis looks, I would like to know what it is that you go for? Looks over personality? Just interested to see what the replies are:
Lurker
0 likes
Looks are no good on their own to me, I like good personality too. But if you are going to be close to someone then you have got to find things physically that you like about them too, although not to the same strength of importance as that of the personality.Uou682FnIs5fxMCG
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by up4it67
Okay, one for you ladies out there:
Having been someone who is not blessed with Greek Adonis looks, I would like to know what it is that you go for? Looks over personality? Just interested to see what the replies are:

Why can't a person go for or want both? Does it have to be one or the other? I mean, there has to be some form of attraction to both. The concept that a woman would be with a guy simply because he's hot (long term relationships) while overlooking a horrid, boring, uninteresting, or unappealing personality is silly. At the same time, a really interesting guy that a woman finds completely unattractive wouldn't work either.

One scales of 1-10 for looks and personality, it's all different with each person.

A woman (or man) may take a guy with a 8 in looks but a 6 in personality
Or an 10 in personality but a 5 in looks.
Or 5/5

There's no formula. Men and women look for different things in different people and those things aren't necessarily in the same level from one potential date to the next.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LittleLuce
Looks are no good on their own to me, I like good personality too. But if you are going to be close to someone then you have got to find things physically that you like about them too, although not to the same strength of importance as that of the personality.2ManMw5WV4Ms7MWT

I think that about wraps it up for me too.
Lurker
0 likes
It's a mixture of both really