Should I shave, trim or leave it?

last reply
13 replies
2.4k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I'm not going to show a picture of "him" but I keep him a bit "fluffy" (as my girlfriend calls it)

Do you girls prefer no hair, trimmed (short) or left o'naturale?

Alpha Blonde
0 likes
My advice:

1. Always keep the balls shaved smooth no matter what.
2. As for the pubes go for trimmed very short or completely shaved. <-- this is the current modern pube trend.
3. The women who enjoy 'au natural' are definitely going to be in the minority on this, unless you are not very hairy in general. Some level of manscaping is always required.
4. If in doubt, ask your partner what she'd prefer. If your girlfriend likes it 'fluffy', then keep it that way. She's the one you want to please on this one, so it's her preference that really matters. Maybe try something different and see if she likes it. If not, you can always grow it back.
0 likes
I'm with DancingDoll balls shaved and trimmed is my preference as well, but defenitely ask your partner!!
Lurker
0 likes
Dancing Doll is spot on with her answer. Bald balls and a tght trim is the way to roll.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I only shaved once and the after effects of itching etc were so unpleasant I have never done it since. Also I think anyone's body maintenance is to do with them personally and not up to the dictates of fashion (which I find particularly stupid eg at one time women threw water on their underskirts to make them cling to their bodies before going out for the evening - in the winter; and currently women and men in some parts of the UK go out in winter in summer clothing and swim wear) or the opinion of their partner. Personally I think that having sex with a woman with no pubic hair is akin to having sex with a ten year old but that's just me. Also made me wonder how you go about having a "fashion" re pubic hair. I mean clothing - ok they design and advertise it but pubes - never seen any of the well known razor companies promoting this on tv might start watching it again if they did. "New smoothie Gillette guaranteed not to emasculate with its new testicular guard rail and multi- circular blades with anti-hair jam safety switch. "
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by Jack_42
I only shaved once and the after effects of itching etc were so unpleasant I have never done it since. Also I think anyone's body maintenance is to do with them personally and not up to the dictates of fashion (which I find particularly stupid eg at one time women threw water on their underskirts to make them cling to their bodies before going out for the evening - in the winter; and currently women and men in some parts of the UK go out in winter in summer clothing and swim wear) or the opinion of their partner. Personally I think that having sex with a woman with no pubic hair is akin to having sex with a ten year old but that's just me. Also made me wonder how you go about having a "fashion" re pubic hair. I mean clothing - ok they design and advertise it but pubes - never seen any of the well known razor companies promoting this on tv might start watching it again if they did. "New smoothie Gillette guaranteed not to emasculate with its new testicular guard rail and multi- circular blades with anti-hair jam safety switch. "

There are trends with everything in terms of how we look.

There are trends in head-hair and facial hair - so why not pubic hair?

I mean sure, you can still choose to rock an afro, frost your hair trips, get a perm, a bowl-cut or grow out some Elvis sideburns, but it's just not typical of what 'most' people are doing right now (hence the term 'trend'). Europeans are more relaxed about body hair than north americans, so there are probably more differences on what the norm is. Plus there are generational differences too, so it depends on what a person's sex demographic is. A 20 yr old guy is probably going to have different pube-expectations than a 60 year old guy.

There's nothing wrong with choosing to have a retro full-bush, and if your partner likes it and you like it, I think that's what matters most. If you're on the singles scene and want to know what 'most' people prefer, then they'll probably want to stick with the general trend - which is smooth and bare and/or with a tight trim. And let's face it, no girl is going to deep throat to the root if she runs the risk of getting choked out and gagged by the untamed weeds getting stuck in her mouth and going up her nose. It's a practical matter too.

PS. I like that idea for the new Gillette ad, by the way. smile

'Pube Trend' Link
Lurker
0 likes
Of course there are trends, but there is no point in doing anything because of them (not that I'm suggesting DD was implying this)....do what you want to do or, if you're not fussed, see what your partner prefers and go from there.

I cannot stand the shaved look on guys, the cock begins to resemble an elephant trunk....it's just weird. I go for trimmed, neat and tidy on guys personally.

But it's always most important to do what you want!
0 likes
This thread (and DD's reply) should be training material for men. I have trimmed and maintained myself exactly as DD preferred (strickly coincidental) for years and have not itched as Jack_42 since the first time despite living in hot humid locations.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I would say shave or at least trim. Unless you are not very hairy, if you are, it would probably be best to ask your girl. She just might like you the way you are. smile
AYRKAH92
Lurker
0 likes
Men shaved is definately the best option.But as others have said go for what your girlfriend likes.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by FtLMale
This thread (and DD's reply) should be training material for men. I have trimmed and maintained myself exactly as DD preferred (strickly coincidental) for years and have not itched as Jack_42 since the first time despite living in hot humid locations.
I hope you do it with a straight razor.
Lurker
0 likes
I thought about shaving my pubes once but remembered that I am one of the hairiest men alive and thought it would look really stupid bald. So I just neatly trim instead. Sometimes the options are limited for a reason.4dhKEssMAA773Tu5
Lurker
0 likes
Whichever makes you comfortable. It is your body to be completely confident in.
(Although a trim is real nice).
Rookie Scribe
0 likes
I kind of like a guy to be a bit hairy down there. But shave, don't shave, eh, doesn't matter to me. I keep myself completely smooth though.