2.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
freaks me
Lurker
0 likes
Yes but it's like talking to a cab driver when you ask what time he finishes or has it been a busy shift. Just can't help but ask.
It's an ice breaker, ok so a crap one, but one none the less.
Lurker
0 likes
Haha yeah, i get this..... Ummm i like sex!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
It is always an awkward question for me for some reason. I don't know whether to answer seriously or silly.
Why are you asking?
What does it matter?
Because I f___ing want to and now am getting pissed off because your f___ing question just set me off again!!!

Thank you giaana99. kisses
If you ignore beauty, you will soon find yourself without it.................Frank Lloyd Wright

I always practice obedience, when it's in my best interest.
Lurker
0 likes
I think my brain's slowed down because I can't figure out whether I'm meant to tell you what brings me to Lush OR if you want my opinion on the question 'What brings you here?' as a line from some dude in a bar... y'know, I think I'm gonna go eat some broccoli (brain food)...
Lurker
0 likes
Strangely enough, nobody has ever asked me that particular question, but if they did then I am not sure how I would reply, other than to wonder about the ethereal and nebulous nature of the world wide web and the lack of a physical destination per-se, which is nevertheless implied by the word "here" contained in the question.

The question may be better phrased as "What takes you there" perhaps? That may be easier to answer.

One further alternative could, at a pinch, be to think to oneself "ahhh, fuck it" and just state you love cyber-fucking.

Each to their own I guess.
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
I think it's just a common yet unoriginal ice-breaker question - often used in bars/clubs as well. It's right up there on the cringe-scale as "so, are you having fun tonight?"

Pretty uninspired way to start a convo, but probably still better than some super cheesey pick-up line.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll
I think it's just a common yet unoriginal ice-breaker question - often used in bars/clubs as well. It's right up there on the cringe-scale as "so, are you having fun tonight?"

Pretty uninspired way to start a convo, but probably still better than some super cheesey pick-up line.

What has been the best or most effective ice-breaker that has been used on you? If you catch a guy's eye at a club should he coome over and introduce himself? Should he say something about how he noticed you and wanted to say hi? Offer to buy you a drink? What works best? I mean, besides the standard real life and Lush line, "You have great tits, wanna fuck?"

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Hey, Gianna99....do you come here a lot?

"What brings you here" is indeed better than a canned, corny pick-up line, but it's worse than other generic greetings in my opinion. For one thing, it's so weirdly formal, as if it's an interview, and I'm now expected to provide some amusing, cute anecdote about the exciting turn of events that eventually led me to a barstool at Nobu.

It's a crappy question; just ask me my name and smile. Don't make it harder than it is.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
GUILTY!!!!!!!

I ask this question..... and the answers are varied...... not so much the what.... but the Why
Alpha Blonde
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

What has been the best or most effective ice-breaker that has been used on you? If you catch a guy's eye at a club should he coome over and introduce himself? Should he say something about how he noticed you and wanted to say hi? Offer to buy you a drink? What works best? I mean, besides the standard real life and Lush line, "You have great tits, wanna fuck?"

I agree with Xuani - it's just easier to introduce yourself or try to come up with something original yet specific enough that it's not some catch-all fishing hook where the girl is put on the spot to be instantly entertaining in her response. Something lightly funny or sarcastic usually works for me - but if not, just a normal introduction is fine.

Also - guys should pick the right moment to make their move. One of my pet peeves is when I'm dancing and a guy leans in and starts to shout over the music "so - are you having fun tonight?". I swear this must be the standard operating line... lol. Generally it should be obvious that if I'm dancing and really into the music that yes, I'm having fun, and unless I've given the telltale "signal" that I want you to approach, it's better to just let me dance. It's impossible to have any real convo over the music and screaming "what?" over and over again and trying to have inane chitchat while still moving on a crowded dancefloor is really annoying.

If you've gotten the signal of interest before you even pitch your best lines, it means we're already attracted to you. Generally speaking, even if you're not particularly clever or original, you're going to get our number. In a lot of ways I think guys sometimes put too much emphasis on their opening statement - it's only important if you're the kind of guy that needs to sell yourself to spark some interest. If it's already there - it's generally smooth sailing because we're pretty forgiving when our panties are wet before we even exchange formal 'hello's'.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Dancing_Doll

I agree with Xuani - it's just easier to introduce yourself or try to come up with something original yet specific enough that it's not some catch-all fishing hook where the girl is put on the spot to be instantly entertaining in her response. Something lightly funny or sarcastic usually works for me - but if not, just a normal introduction is fine.

Also - guys should pick the right moment to make their move. One of my pet peeves is when I'm dancing and a guy leans in and starts to shout over the music "so - are you having fun tonight?". I swear this must be the standard operating line... lol. Generally it should be obvious that if I'm dancing and really into the music that yes, I'm having fun, and unless I've given the telltale "signal" that I want you to approach, it's better to just let me dance. It's impossible to have any real convo over the music and screaming "what?" over and over again and trying to have inane chitchat while still moving on a crowded dancefloor is really annoying.

If you've gotten the signal of interest before you even pitch your best lines, it means we're already attracted to you. Generally speaking, even if you're not particularly clever or original, you're going to get our number. In a lot of ways I think guys sometimes put too much emphasis on their opening statement - it's only important if you're the kind of guy that needs to sell yourself to spark some interest. If it's already there - it's generally smooth sailing because we're pretty forgiving when our panties are wet before we even exchange formal 'hello's'.

For the record, I wasn't asking for me. I was asking for my cousin. No, my brother. Yea, that's the ticket. Asking for my brother. I don't have any problems picking up the hot chicks in the the dance club. My Wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and long sleeve Wrangler snap-front shirt usually works. Especially when I leave the top 3 buttons undone showing off my big gold chain. And to top it off, when I flash the Lincolns that's all she wrote. I have to fight 'em off the the bullwhip attached to my rodeo belt.

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I like it if the guy/or girl is more direct and introduces himself with no corny come on but in a way that it is obvious he is interested but also he is not making himself out to be God's gift to women, if that makes any sense. If he/she is gonna use a line, I prefer it be something original that was created specifically for me like commenting on my eyes or outfit or something.

And it must be while I am at the bar or some place quiet where he doesnt have to shout!!

BTW, if someone asks me "what brings me here?", I will answer my car and walk away!!
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

For the record, I wasn't asking for me. I was asking for my cousin. No, my brother. Yea, that's the ticket. Asking for my brother. I don't have any problems picking up the hot chicks in the the dance club. My Wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and long sleeve Wrangler snap-front shirt usually works. Especially when I leave the top 3 buttons undone showing off my big gold chain. And to top it off, when I flash the Lincolns that's all she wrote. I have to fight 'em off the the bullwhip attached to my rodeo belt.

I just nearly spat out water from laughing at that!
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by lafayettemister

That's true. I saw you in the club once. It was only from afar; the throng of gorgeous women around you left me no opening to introduce myself. Once, I thought I had a shot, but when you threw that handful of quarters in the air, and the bitches started to scramble on the floor for the loose change...I knew I had no chance whatsoever. As they always say: when Mister makes it rain in the club, cover your head and drop your panties.
Lurker
0 likes
It's the banana sandwich recipe in the picnic section of the recipes forum. It's such a turn on.

It has to be a whole banana between two slices of fresh moist and spongy bread.

Sliced banana just isn't phallic enough.
Lurker
0 likes
that is exactly what i think..
Lurker
0 likes
sorry did not mean to offend you..
its just that it is such a common question and i don't have any asnwer for it
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by redlips
It is always an awkward question for me for some reason. I don't know whether to answer seriously or silly.
Why are you asking?
What does it matter?
Because I f___ing want to and now am getting pissed off because your f___ing question just set me off again!!!

Thank you giaana99. kisses

that is exactly what i think..
Lurker
0 likes
I always prefer something odd or outrageous. My most successful pick up line in real life was "how do you like your oranges squeezed for breakfast?" It doesn't even make sense, but it always worked.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by honeyx
GUILTY!!!!!!!

I ask this question..... and the answers are varied...... not so much the what.... but the Why

chill lady
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by LadyX
Hey, Gianna99....do you come here a lot?

"What brings you here" is indeed better than a canned, corny pick-up line, but it's worse than other generic greetings in my opinion. For one thing, it's so weirdly formal, as if it's an interview, and I'm now expected to provide some amusing, cute anecdote about the exciting turn of events that eventually led me to a barstool at Nobu.

It's a crappy question; just ask me my name and smile. Don't make it harder than it is.

are you considering this site or the forums
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by gianna99

chill lady

Didn't offend me...... it did get me thinking though
Lurker
0 likes
A day later...and I'm still confused as hell...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by SITTING
A day later...and I'm still confused as hell...

Lurker
0 likes
Quote by honeyx

Didn't offend me...... it did get me thinking though
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A quote from above:
"For the record, I wasn't asking for me. I was asking for my cousin. No, my brother. Yea, that's the ticket. Asking for my brother. I don't have any problems picking up the hot chicks in the the dance club. My Wrangler jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, and long sleeve Wrangler snap-front shirt usually works. Especially when I leave the top 3 buttons undone showing off my big gold chain. And to top it off, when I flash the Lincolns that's all she wrote. I have to fight 'em off the the bullwhip attached to my rodeo belt."

Sounds like a truck driver to me!!

Yeah..I know that's lame but I "retired" from that profession.

Rick
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by gianna99

are you considering this site or the forums

LOL. My brain clearly isn't working correctly.

Only now do I realize that you were talking about people using that line on other users here at Lush. I thought it was a real-life 'at the club' (and very valid and common) complaint.

So to now answer the question that you intended- if it's somebody nice and interesting and we've already had some back-and-forth when he pops that question out, then I'll literally tell him how I found Lush and why I like it so much.

If it's some faceless skeezer just fishing for cyber hookups, then my reply is likely to be slightly more facetious because, yes, one can't get much less original than that, while also putting us on the spot to be entertaining and forthcoming.

What many of them really want to hear is that we're here because we're horny.
Artistic Tart
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

Only now do I realize that you were talking about people using that line on other users here at Lush. I thought it was a real-life 'at the club' ( and very valid) complaint.

So to now answer the question that you intended- if it's somebody nice and interesting, and we've already had some back-and-forth when he pops that question out, I'll literally tell him how I found Lush and why I like it so much. If it's some faceless skeezer just fishing for cyber hookups, then my reply is likely to be slightly more facetious because, yes, one can't get much less original than that, while also putting us on the spot to be entertaining and forthcoming.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by LadyX

Only now do I realize that you were talking about people using that line on other users here at Lush. I thought it was a real-life 'at the club' (and very valid and common) complaint.

So to now answer the question that you intended- if it's somebody nice and interesting and we've already had some back-and-forth when he pops that question out, then I'll literally tell him how I found Lush and why I like it so much.

If it's some faceless skeezer just fishing for cyber hookups, then my reply is likely to be slightly more facetious because, yes, one can't get much less original than that, while also putting us on the spot to be entertaining and forthcoming.

What many of them really want to hear is that we're here because we're horny.

WOW!! I thought she meant real life too.

I agree with X, if asked on lush by someone I kind of knew or was building a friendly relationship with, I would tell that I came to Lush because I liked to read erotic stories. I joined because I didnt realize that I could read the stories without being a member (sometimes I can be a real airhead, LOL). Then I eventually started to explore the sight and loved it!!

With people who contact me with no previous contact, it never gets far enough to respond! I mean what can be more inviting than "Hi, what brings you to Lush? Im here because Im so horny! I bet you would just love my 9" cock in you right now? " And I am being serious about getting messages like that!