Would it be out of line?

last reply
15 replies
1.7k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Ladies, I am part of a group that gets together every Friday for some trivia and games. There is a lady that joins us and I would like to ask her out. Here is the catch. I know she is single. However, last week she brought a date to game night. Would I be out of line asking her out? I don't know much about him and there relationship. Thank you in advance for your input.

At this point I am subscribing to the school of thought, go forth and be bold.

Thanks

Holden
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Wow 40+ brows and no responses? I thought for.sure someone would say something.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you all play every Friday, ask her about the guy she brought or just play dumb and say, "Are you seeing anyone?" It doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
Well it seems to me that unless she has a ring on her left hand and has walked down the isle, she is available.

If you play games with her every week and this is a serious relationship, she would have mention it before.

How much worse off are you if you ask and she declines, than if you never ask?

Some of us who have the ring and have walked down the isle are still available for dates.
0 likes
Yes, ask her out. It's perfectly acceptable and I promise you're not breaking social protocol. The worst that can happen is she might say "oh I'm seeing someone". If she does either tell her he's a very lucky guy, or ask her if she would maybe just meet at Starbucks sometime. Be casual but show interest, we love to be flattered. (Not stalked,lol)
Good luck! I don't know who the guy is, but if you like her enough to reach out and ask for suggestions, I'd say you like her a lot. Carpe Diem!

I have three famous stories, 2 recommended reads and have come in the top ten in two competitions~ Come in and make yourself at home.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
If you feel that you don't want to pry perhaps ask her about her "date" and then if she is single ask her out. Don't wait around and think she might ask you out or you don't want to offended her. All I can suggest is ask her then you get your answer otherwise you will be kicking yourself if she actually is in a relationship.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by CheetNWifeSlut
Well it seems to me that unless she has a ring on her left hand and has walked down the isle, she is available.

If you play games with her every week and this is a serious relationship, she would have mention it before.

How much worse off are you if you ask and she declines, than if you never ask?

Some of us who have the ring and have walked down the isle are still available for dates.

I so agree!!! If I hadn't pursued for a time as friend, I wouldn't be married to that woman today - 40 years later!!!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Nothing ventured - Nothing gained ! You can only ask
Lurker
0 likes
Ask her if she'd like to go out for coffee and see what happens!
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I for one would not want to be hit on during a gaming night. Maybe after the game when everyone is going home or just hanging out.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
See if she brings him again tonight. If she does, try to get feel for their relationship if you can. Do they seem like just friends or more. Then make your decision based on how it seems.

But if she does not bring him, go for it. The worst she can do is say no.

Good Luck
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
A no will sting a bit, kicking yourself for not trying will last much longer...
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have dear friends he just turned 79 and she is 13 years older. So you can figure her age.

They worked together years ago and he asked her out and was told "Your are too young forget it."

He asked again and was told it "I told you before not a chance."

Third time she told him "You won't listen so I will go for a drink with you and that is all!"

They have now been married 52 years and no other woman is loved as much as she is.

So yes rejection may sting, but it may also take you exactly where you want go.

Of course from her pictures as a woman in her late 30's, she was stunningly gorgeous.

He tells in that he was not bright enough to understand he was being rejected
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by 1nympholes
I have dear friends he just turned 79 and she is 13 years older. So you can figure her age.

They worked together years ago and he asked her out and was told "Your are too young forget it."

He asked again and was told it "I told you before not a chance."

Third time she told him "You won't listen so I will go for a drink with you and that is all!"

They have now been married 52 years and no other woman is loved as much as she is.

So yes rejection may sting, but it may also take you exactly where you want go.

Of course from her pictures as a woman in her late 30's, she was stunningly gorgeous.

He tells in that he was not bright enough to understand he was being rejected

Love this!!!
Rainbow Warrior
0 likes
The guys that get the girls are the guys who take chances. Don't your gamers ever take a break for a stretch or coffee? Follow her into the kitchen and strike up a light conversation just to feel her out. Offer to get her a cup of coffee. Even your body language and facial expressions towards her at the table can work in your favor.
Big-haired Bitch/Personality Hire
0 likes
Go for it.

Don't be presumptuous, of course. But just ask her. If the aforementioned date turns out to be something serious, oh well. At least you went for it.

░P░U░S░S░Y░ ░I░N░ ░B░I░O░