A Question For Guys About Threesomes

last reply
48 replies
5.8k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
here is something i have noticed in my life that other women have nodded along with, and i'm curious to get a guy's perspective:

it's pretty much a "common knowledge" cliché to say that the big "home run fantasy" for a dude is being in a threesome. and it's equally a "common knowledge" cliché that women tend to resist them, or only participate to get them man to stop bugging them about it.

and yet...

i've noticed that whenever i've gotten a guy i'm seeing and another woman to agree to a threesome, more than likely it never transpires -- because the guy gets cold feet and backs out before the event. i have never once had a gal back out. and like i say, whenever i mention this to gals i know, they all say they have witnessed the same.

so i'm curious to get a guy's perspective: why do guys back out more than women? and just as intriguing to me, why do we continue to collectively talk about it in terms of it being a thing men love and women (sometimes) tolerate?

thx in advance!!!!
Story Verifier
0 likes
I have thought about that for years.

What I would do? Whatever they wanted or needed. I would ask but they're doing this for me and I will do what they say. It might be for them too but that doesn't matter. I do not need to be in control but I can be. I shared all power with my wife until recently. Now she doesn't remember.

I have the same thoughts about who's fantasy it's considered but I can not conceive of myself backing out. I would be a very happy man but I'm to old now. No one would have me, that's for younger guys. Crap!

I've asked my wife a couple dozen times over the years and the answer has always been a rather adamant "No!" Recently I've asked about a soft-swap and she said yes but she never will. She forgets I've asked in ten minutes so I know it will never happen. I've never been in favor of a full-swap. That might make me a jerk but that's how I feel.

I hope that helps you.
I am always a gentleman.
Lurker
0 likes
You may be dealing with the wrong guys?! I have often fantasized about being in a threesome, particularly a MMW grouping. I get super aroused when a woman is turned on by the one(s) she is with, and I have often chafed that I can't stimulate more erogenous zones at the same time of the one I'm with. So, being one of two guys sharing the woman turns me on because now I see the possibilities of so much attention given to the lady of the moment with a likely orgasmic release. I think the two guys then have to be agreed on their approach to the lady...I'd prefer fun, gentle, teasing, sensual, and on, and on, and on...
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I wish I knew the women you do. Would love to be in that position but never will be, and I certainly wouldn't back out!
0 likes
I have had them and if all are on board it is wonderful
Lurker
0 likes
Threesomes are tricky of course. You have to find people you trust to make it work. I've had both MMF and MFF threesomes, and i've had only about two people one girl and one guy back out. I asked them what was wrong and they said it was too much for them and i didnt push the subject. But it's always worked more for me if you find people on the same level of sexualality and experience, and that you trust.
Clumeleon
0 likes
I've never been crazy on the whole threesome thing. I'm not completely dismissing it, but I wouldn't say it's a fantasy of mine.

I can imagine that the guys you've known to back out have felt a bit of pressure. Guys often talk a good game, but a lot of them are probably at least a little insecure or uncertain about how good they really are in bed. A brand new sexual experience like this could serve to heighten his anxiety.

If they're faced with the prospect of two women, maybe they're feeling pressured to do twice the work they usually do. Maybe they're nervous about trying to please a new sexual partner.

If they're faced with bringing another man into the mix, they may feel threatened. What if they don't "measure up"? What if his girl is more interested in the other guy? What if some bisexual stuff goes down that he wasn't really mentally prepared for?

It's also possible that the guy never really wanted a threesome in the first place, but was more in love with the idea of a threesome. Maybe he felt, because of this "common knowledge" you talk about that he's supposed to want a threesome.

Like I say, I'm not crazy on threesomes, and the situation you describe has never been a reality for me, so I don't actually know. But guys have their hang-ups, too.
0 likes
I'm another guy like clum for whom it isn't high on my list. I would try one if the opportunity presented but I'm not hounding my partner to have one or anything. I think clum hit a nail on the head with this line:

Quote by clum

It's also possible that the guy never really wanted a threesome in the first place, but was more in love with the idea of a threesome. Maybe he felt, because of this "common knowledge" you talk about that he's supposed to want a threesome.

If the guy is having a threesome because it really is a fantasy of his, then he is likely to go through with it. If he's doing it because "it's cool and all the guys are doing it" (meaning they claim to be doing it), then he's probably less likely to complete.

Just my thoughts, though. If someone is brave enough to admit to being a guy who backed out after pushing for one, he would be able to shed more light.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by bustyreadhead
here is something i have noticed in my life that other women have nodded along with, and i'm curious to get a guy's perspective:

it's pretty much a "common knowledge" cliché to say that the big "home run fantasy" for a dude is being in a threesome. and it's equally a "common knowledge" cliché that women tend to resist them, or only participate to get them man to stop bugging them about it.

and yet...

i've noticed that whenever i've gotten a guy i'm seeing and another woman to agree to a threesome, more than likely it never transpires -- because the guy gets cold feet and backs out before the event. i have never once had a gal back out. and like i say, whenever i mention this to gals i know, they all say they have witnessed the same.

so i'm curious to get a guy's perspective: why do guys back out more than women? and just as intriguing to me, why do we continue to collectively talk about it in terms of it being a thing men love and women (sometimes) tolerate?

thx in advance!!!!

I backed out the only time I was asked to be in a threesome because I didn't know the other man. Don't get me wrong, I love to be with men (my stories are full of such encounters), but I like to know them, first. Had I actually known the third party first, I'm sure I would have been more accepting of the situation - especially if I'd ever fantasized about him before.
Lurker
0 likes
For me, although it had been a teenage dream, I would likely not participate. I am a 1 woman guy and if I am playing with someone else, it is that much attention that I am not giving to my one and only.
Devil's Advocate
0 likes
Clum's hit this one on the head. Plenty can talk the talk, but not as many can walk the walk. The idea that men are emotionless sexual robots is a myth. Throw on top of that an actual requirement to perform, and discretion is often the better part of valor.

The one threesome I've had, I found myself only able to focus on one of the women at a time. I'm sure a little more diversity and breadth of experience might alter my view, but to be honest, I'd just as much go one on one. I think it's the idea itself more than the actual act.

That Seinfeld episode where they come up with the ménage a trois plan sums it up perfectly.
My latest story is a racy little piece about what happens when someone cute from work invites you over to watch Netflix and Chill.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
thanks, everyone. these are all really awesome and considered answers. i really appreciate it.

you guys rock.
Lurker
0 likes
Great question. Never put much thought into it myself. Never backed out of one. Never bugged a woman about one. Never been invited to one physically(cyber 3some yes). So idk why guys get cold feet. If the opportunity arises I'm taking it. Not getting my hopes up tho.
Lurker
0 likes
OK, if it's two women and me and they're lesbians..., I'd feel like a third wheel. And if they're both straight, I'm realistic and honest enough to know I couldn't please them both. Well, maybe years ago I could have.

But if it's me, another guy, and a woman? Well that's a different story. I've done that and I totally enjoyed it. If I liked a couple and was invited, there's no way that I'd be a no-show!

And if my wife asked if we could invite another guy to join us, well, I'd think that I'd died and gone to heaven!
Lurker
0 likes
had some great times with FFm - girls tend to love this equally in my experience
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
I haven't had one but would love to try it.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
My wife wanted to fuck my friend and after thinking about it I agreed, He was all for it and fucked the shit out of her, I enjoyed watching them fuck, We have been sharing her for over 30 years now, and I still like to watch them fuck and get sloppy seconds.
Lurker
0 likes
I've only been offered a threesome once. It was just after I became engaged. It was not offered by my fiancee. I refused.

I still wonder what it would have been like.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Well I've never had a threesome but it is very difficult to conceive that I would back out when presented with the opportunity...but then again I haven't been offered one so I don't know if I would get cold feet if I did not know all partners concerned.
I would love to be in a threesome but I'm not really getting my hopes up.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I think the thought of having two women pleasuring me is exciting. However, the other side of the coin is the worry of not being able to 'measure' up and the after party jealousy. It is probably best left as a fantasy desire.
Advanced Wordsmith
0 likes
A lot of men feel threatened. They ask themselves questions like "is she going to enjoy this too much and leave me for her/him?" I think that's the biggest thing. Instead of talking it through and making sure everyone is happy, the man ignores his feelings until it's too late and then backs out at the very last moment, just because he didn't address those concerns. Of course, I'm just surmising, I really don't know. Personally, if a woman has asked me for a threesome, I've always gone for it. But then, I've never been in love with any of those women, so maybe that makes a difference.
Classified
0 likes
Big fantasy to have a casual threesome, (MFF!).
Mixed, black and white.
Would prefer two bisexual women, so I could just enjoy satisfying them as they would each other.
I like the idea of just being used and able to be a voyeur as well.
Far more about mutual satisfaction than my own.
Of all our inventions for mass communication,
pictures still speak the most universally understood language.

Walt Disney
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never had the experience come up to decline or otherwise fill my wildest dreams. I can understand why a guy might back down after agreeing to have the FFM 3some and for me I have thought about having one with my wife, but the women she might be ok with sexually are not the women I would be interested in and same with women I might be ok with she may not be. I find this strange, not sure why?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I have never had the experience come up to decline or otherwise fill my wildest dreams. I can understand why a guy might back down after agreeing to have the FFM 3some and for me I have thought about having one with my wife, but the women she might be ok with sexually are not the women I would be interested in and same with women I might be ok with she may not be. I find this strange, not sure why?
The Linebacker
0 likes
Quote by bustyreadhead

When did women resist them? I've been in a few threesomes and everyone single of them were initiated by the women or woman. I've been in FFMs and MFMs.

My experience has convinced me that women are kinkier and more aggressive than men. You know what? I love it that way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Stardrinking
A lot of men feel threatened. They ask themselves questions like "is she going to enjoy this too much and leave me for her/him?" I think that's the biggest thing. Instead of talking it through and making sure everyone is happy, the man ignores his feelings until it's too late and then backs out at the very last moment, just because he didn't address those concerns. .

My personal experience is exactly this. She wanted it, I wanted it (though I had to be talked into it because I knew he would never go through with it)
and sure enough, he backed out.

I will never do it again in an MMF. It's simple: Men do not willingly share "their" women.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by Buz

When did women resist them? I've been in a few threesomes and everyone single of them were initiated by the women or woman. I've been in FFMs and MFMs.

My experience has convinced me that women are kinkier and more aggressive than men. You know what? I love it that way.

I like it that way too, just wish it would happen with me. I love aggressive women, it just doesn't ever seem to go that way.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I nearly backed out of my first ffm three some in fear of my then girlfriend getting mad that I spent to much time with her friend or that I would enjoy her friend more then her. But she encouraged me enough to hit that and I think she rather enjoyed seeing me with her friend Really glad I did it, would do it again.
'tis himself!
0 likes
Quote by bustyreadhead

thx in advance!!!!

I have never backed out of a threesome opportunity, whether FMF or MFM. I prefer the former, being pretty much all the way out on the "het" end of the Kinsey spectrum, but that's not always what life offers. I have no idea why a guy would back out of an FMF threesome, as long as it wasn't violating a wedding vow or something.

I think it's presented the way it is because we still carry the notion that men who like lots of varied sex are manly studs, but women who do are disgusting slutty slut-sluts. It's an idea that desperately needs to die, but it may take a generation or more before it finally does. If then.