What is "romantic"? Are you romantic?

last reply
14 replies
1.6k views
0 watchers
0 likes
Lurker
0 likes
What does "romantic" mean to you? Do you consider yourself to be romantic?
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Romance is not in the grand gesture, it's in the detail - the held hand, the smile, the kiss in the rain. I wouldn't need to shower you with diamonds and rubies, wine and dine you, jet you off to Paris for a long-weekend, to be romantic.

And sometimes, chaps, if you are really lucky, women will fall for all that!
Lurker
0 likes
Romance is a learned skill. It is being able to decipher what speaks to the mind, body & soul of the other and communicating in that language in a selfless & sincere way. As Charley has pointed out, there are Romantic gestures, of which most are capable of but True Romance is in the details.
Lurker
0 likes
Romantic can be many things. I think it's romantic when I send my hubby out at night to the 24 hour CVS to buy me tampons and he brings me back chocolate ice cream too.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Totally know what you mean Ali. Romance is about paying attention. He knows what was on your list, but what did you want or what would make you feel nice was also on his mind. In short, the road to good Romance is in knowing who and what your priorities are.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Quote by ali2teaseu
Romantic can be many things. I think it's romantic when I send my hubby out at night to the 24 hour CVS to buy me tampons and he brings me back chocolate ice cream too.

Well HE'S a total keeper... Hubby's definitely a romantic, no overly huge gestures, but the little stuff. He leaves for work earlier than I do and he left a rose under my windshield wiper this morning...made my lengthy Friday schedule look a lot easier! It's sitting in a glass on my desk and all day every time it catches my eye I realize how lucky I am.
"A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere." - Groucho Marx
Lurker
0 likes
Stop in the middle of love making and look into your partners eyes. It tells them that you are with them in the moment.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
Love - a wildly misunderstood although highly desirable malfunction of the heart which weakens the brain, causes eyes to sparkle, cheeks to glow, blood pressure to rise and the lips to pucker. ~Author Unknown
Lurker
0 likes
This reminds me of something I came across on a web-site somewhere. Romance is a man who de-ices and warms the car in the very hard cold of winter, so that you can step into your car all toasty and warm ready for work.
Lurker
0 likes
Romantic to me is paying attention to detail in your relationship. Opening doors especially when its a night out with her means its all about her. Writing down crazy words or rhymes into poems or love letters and leaving them in conspicuous or inconspicuous places, on her car, for her to find unexpectedly. Taking her coat off and hanging it at parties or events and retrieving it when its over. Holding hands in public or kissing her on the neck, lips or hand. Pulling out and sliding her chair in for her at dinner. Feeding her little tidbit samples of food, fruit or drink of yours when at restaurants or dining table. Flowers for no reason or just because at her place of employment, house or at home. Flowers, candy and gifts on all occasions. Watching mushy, cheeky, sappy, romantic movies with her and even tearing up over them. Snuggling and holding tite. Cooking special dinners or dishes she likes and having them ready when she gets home. Buying her jeans, dresses, skirts or lingerie you know she'll rock in without her being there and it coming to fruition. Making sure she is totally satisfied sexually first.
Lurker
0 likes
Quote by quoteme
Romance is a learned skill. It is being able to decipher what speaks to the mind, body & soul of the other and communicating in that language in a selfless & sincere way. As Charley has pointed out, there are Romantic gestures, of which most are capable of but True Romance is in the details.

Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
For me, true romance is in the small day to day thoughts. The leaving of a post it not in my parka pocket, leaving them in my purse, in my shoe... just little notes about things he enjoys or we enjoyed together. Him telling me about silly parts of his day for he knows how much I love to smile and laugh, random text messages through the day, a cup of tea made while marking papers. A smile that says "I'm here".

For me romance is not about grand gestures, but the small ones that remind me why it is him I want.

Rubies, gems, shoes, chocolate, flowers.... they look prettier at the store. When he steals my phone and creates a playlist of his mix mixed with mine, or creates new calendar entries with alarms that go off during class with thoughts... for me, that is romance.

And it goes both ways. When I know he's having a hard day, I greet him in a way he likes best, his comfort food in the oven, favourite movie queued up to watch, his drink ready, and just letting him be if that is how his mood is, sneaking out in the middle of the night to clean his truck. Being there for him. Pushing my issues and problems aside to offer my shoulder my ear when he needs them.

The secret is out. I am a hopeless romantic.
Living life and enjoying life are two different things... just need to figure out how to do both at the same time to live it right!

Woman... GO FLY A KITE!!!!! Take a slideshow walk with me on a walk through the parks of Inner Mongolia, China. Then enjoy the tale of a very traditional day in the life of a white Woman in China.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
I'm not a very observant person, so romance is something I need to work on.

An ex or two, maybe three, have called me "Mr. Oblivious" from time to time.

In order to know virtue, you must first become acquainted with vice.
- Donatien Alphonse Francois de Sade

-------
En vis mann slår aldri en hund i klubben med en stokk, fordi hunden vil vende rundt og biter mannens ballene av.
Active Ink Slinger
0 likes
a guy is romantic if he tries new thing and he does all thing in new way. I think I'm romantic. or you can say when a guy act as a philosopher and give ideas/theories after ideas without practical the girls Call this type of nerd romantic.
Magician
Lurker
0 likes
romance is like u like being with her everytime ... though u do nothing ... u like her soft touches .. and her sensual body ... u jus like the smell of her ... and u feel free with ur better half, comfortable .... u'd b friends and lovers at the same time ...

romantic guyz move slowly and steadily ... and u alwayz cuddle up with her ... where u can feel safe and secure ... and care, which is the most important!!